2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I mean, it kind of makes sense. He may want to wait until AJ Brown and Terry McLaurin get paid so he has additional leverage to get even more. 

Look at it deeper than that....This is Schefter once again doing the dirty work of the organization over the player to win the PR battle. He will ALWAYS take the ownership side over the player's side.

This is some nasty stuff. How do you know what is being offered to Deebo is what he considers a respectable deal? How do you know it is not a low ball offer? The team is going back to leaking stuff. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Look at it deeper than that....This is Schefter once again doing the dirty work of the organization over the player to win the PR battle. He will ALWAYS take the ownership side over the player's side.

This is some nasty stuff. How do you know what is being offered to Deebo is what he considers a respectable deal? How do you know it is not a low ball offer? The team is going back to leaking stuff. 

....or Schefter is just making crap up. 

I'm just saying from a high level it'd make sense that Deebo wants to wait until he sees what his classmates are going to get paid before making his deal. If that was the case I don't think he'd have gone and deleted all his stuff like a child though either, so you may be right. 

I think our organization has been very tight lipped since John and Kyle got here and I think it's pretty obvious who all of the leaks were coming from before - his name rhymes with Gaalke. I'd be surprised if this came from our building, but I doubt we'll ever know the answer to that either. 

4 minutes ago, GW21 said:

....or Schefter is just making crap up. 

I'm just saying from a high level it'd make sense that Deebo wants to wait until he sees what his classmates are going to get paid before making his deal. If that was the case I don't think he'd have gone and deleted all his stuff like a child though either, so you may be right. 

I think our organization has been very tight lipped since John and Kyle got here and I think it's pretty obvious who all of the leaks were coming from before - his name rhymes with Gaalke. I'd be surprised if this came from our building, but I doubt we'll ever know the answer to that either. 

No, I don't think this is him just making it up. Someone told him this.

Just like all offseason the team keeps trying to convince these reporters that they make keep Jimmy and they all keep reporting it. When it is obvious what is really happening. 

12 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No, I don't think this is him just making it up. Someone told him this.

Just like all offseason the team keeps trying to convince these reporters that they make keep Jimmy and they all keep reporting it. When it is obvious what is really happening. 

You could be right. Just seems like a gigantic departure from what this team has been doing for the last 5 years, especially last year with Lance. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

You could be right. Just seems like a gigantic departure from what this team has been doing for the last 5 years, especially last year with Lance. 

In that case, it benefited them to keep everyone on their toes. Now they are trying to win the PR battle as that is what will benefit them the most after Deebo made his statement by taking all 49ers stuff off IG.....And when they were trying to move Jimmy and trying to keep his value as high as possible, it benefited them to tell reporters that it is no guarantee they get rid of him this offseason. 

• Like 1

I'm starting to feel like Deebo's situation is looking more and more like Buckners. Deebo values himself way more than the 49ers do ala Buckner. Tbh wouldn't surprise me if Deebo plays out his contract gets franchised tagged and moved next season. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

In that case, it benefited them to keep everyone on their toes. Now they are trying to win the PR battle as that is what will benefit them the most after Deebo made his statement by taking all 49ers stuff off IG.....And when they were trying to move Jimmy and trying to keep his value as high as possible, it benefited them to tell reporters that it is no guarantee they get rid of him this offseason. 

Bingo! Deebo isn't going anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm starting to feel like Deebo's situation is looking more and more like Buckners. Deebo values himself way more than the 49ers do ala Buckner. Tbh wouldn't surprise me if Deebo plays out his contract gets franchised tagged and moved next season. 

You may be right. Apparently we low-balled Kittle with our first offer and came to terms later in the offseason.

This to me feels like we may have tried that with Deebo and he took it personally and is now pissed off. We’ll see if it’s salvageable here in the next couple weeks imo. I think if we do trade Deebo it will be before or during the draft. 

I'm going to put a little perspective into this as well. AJ Brown and Deebo both share the same agent. AJ Brown also scrubbed his social media recently. Not as much as Deebo, but he apparently removed Tennesse from it. This is all PR and like J mentioned, now the Niners are pushing back and creating their own. Deebo will be signed and I wouldn't be shocked if it isn't completed shortly after they trade Jimmy to Carolina...gotta put it out there to make it true, right 🤔 

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

Deebos Samuels's brother said they are asking for a trade. On Facebook.

Can you put it on here or no? 

Also....who uses FaceBook? Deebo's brother needs to get with the times. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Can you put it on here or no? 

Also....who uses FaceBook? Deebo's brother needs to get with the times. 

It's the only social media I've ever used.  **shrug**  Well, unless we're counting Myspace.