2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

1 minute ago, adamq said:

If the Colts love Mariota so much, why haven't they signed him? 

lol, my mature brain went to "then why don't they marry him" after reading the first part of your sentence. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, N4L said:

After Dee Ford reworked his deal, we only need 4.7m more to get under the cap

That doesn't include Ward's deal and almost certainly doesn't includes Burks'

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That doesn't include Ward's deal and almost certainly doesn't includes Burks'

Right, this was predicated on those guys sitting tight for a short period of time. 

Not sure on the rules with signing multiple contracts in one season, but would it be possible to pay Ward the league minimum for 2022 with no signing bonus, then when Jimmy gets traded, we rework his deal, giving him whatever contract we originally agreed to? @49erscap

• Like 1

Just now, N4L said:

Right, this was predicated on those guys sitting tight for a short period of time. 

Not sure on the rules with signing multiple contracts in one season, but would it be possible to pay Ward the league minimum for 2022 with no signing bonus, then when Jimmy gets traded, we rework his deal, giving him whatever contract we originally agreed to? @49erscap

Not in that manner. 

What you coooooooooooooould to kind of game the system is you sign the original deal with a league minimum based this year, and a 2023 roster bonus that you then immediately convert to a signing bonus which would then function as the defacto signing bonus you offered. But he has to sign the contract that way (IE, with the amount as a roster bonus). I'm pretty sure that is totally valid. 

I also don't expect him to have a big cap hit this year. 

I'd say 6-8 million on his hit this year. 

10M signing bonus

3M base fully guaranteed

2023 salary 9-10 million fully guararnteed

something like that. 

3 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Don’t those new deals kick in the new league year? So they wouldn’t necessarily count right?

They do tomorrow. Tomorrow there's a hard cap. Right now we are over and we don't need to be under. We will need to be tomorrow at 4 est. 

They could just not sign the deals though, yes. But that does leave you exposed to someone jumping in there. 

Ultimately, they make other moves to get under...that wouldn't surprise me (though as I have mentioned...100% not a fan of restructuring AA), but they need to be close to a deal and just be pushing back against one another. You don't want to make bad long term moves just to keep him on and hope something happens down the line...you have to have a really good feeling that is going through. Even though we would be under the cap with some minor moves, we would also completely have our hands tied. No more free agents without further cuts, etc. 

Just now, Forge said:

2 years / 8M for Wallace

Damn, that would have been nice. That's a solid pick up, especially at that bargain basement price 

Wonder that means for Ahkello? Though Steelers fans said they wanted another corner signed as well as Ahkello so they could move Sutton inside.

Nice deal for the Steelers. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

2 years / 8M for Wallace

Damn, that would have been nice. That's a solid pick up, especially at that bargain basement price 

Wow. I would have loved to have done that. I wanted him last year too. It's pretty hard to beat that price. 

28 minutes ago, N4L said:

I don't think you're allowed to do something like that, the NFL would like reject the transaction.

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

2 years / 8M for Wallace

That's a freakin steal! Kind of envious at that price. I mean I like Ward but 8 mil for a starting caliber CB in this day and age is too good to pass up. 

Edited by 757-NINER