2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

6 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

At what point does holding out for a pick for Jimmy is just neglectful for holding up $25 million cap space?

Edit

Take off 9 million if or when he's cut

It has been for a while now. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

Peeps! Don’t forget lost in all this that we signed Odum as our starting safety…..i believe this is bigger news….

I think it will be a three way contest between Odum, Moore, and Hufanga. Odum might have the lead, but I'm not going to assume that he will be starting. His contract is appropriate for an elite STer. If he starts at SS and plays well then that's just a bonus.

Feels like they thought when they made the move to get Trey. Was that the value they could get back for Jimmy would offset the price for what they gave up. They are playing extremely hardball and willing to hurt the team to get value for Jimmy. What the heck did they promise Jed is what I want to know. 

7 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Feels like they thought when they made the move to get Trey. Was that the value they could get back for Jimmy would offset the price for what they gave up. They are playing extremely hardball and willing to hurt the team to get value for Jimmy. What the heck did they promise Jed is what I want to know. 

I dont think they are hurting anything.. that money is set aside for deebo and bosa whether it's today or a month from now

You want to do these extentions ASAP because the price will only keep rising. Using that cap space & waiting til next year to give them new deals could cost a fortune... which would obviously damage their ability to add to the roster in future years.

Edited by adamq
  • Like 1