2022 Free Agent Frenzy

Forge

9 hours ago, straighthate said:

Really sucks. Really like Ojabo. Glass half full….. does this potentially make him drop enough that we might potentially be able to get him? 

What is this, 2013?? 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm sorry, but I can't get behind that one bit. There is no way holding on to someone with a 27M salary is NOT impacting free agency or making it more difficult. It is just MUCH easier clearing up 19M right now. It gives you more options and you don't have to worry about making certain restructures that can impact you later down the line.

You're assuming our FO is looking to making more moves, but that hasn't really been their MO at all. I think what we've done in free agency is pretty much what they planned to do. Maybe we sign a couple of guys who get cut, like Kerry Hyder, but I think we've done our moves. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But what do they do with Darnold? 

"While the Panthers weren’t particularly high on Garoppolo, they’ve had conversations with the 49ers about him and the status of his shoulder after offseason surgery."

So it doesn't look like Jimmy will be going to Carolina lol. 

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

"While the Panthers weren’t particularly high on Garoppolo, they’ve had conversations with the 49ers about him and the status of his shoulder after offseason surgery."

So it doesn't look like Jimmy will be going to Carolina lol. 

Never bought Carolina as a destination. 

Just run with Darnold + Mariota or Darnold + rookie. 

Reset next year. Rhule is a lame duck anyway

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

But what do they do with Darnold? 

Yeah, The Darnold situation is the deal killer here. I think he is due 18million guaranteed this year, I can’t see them being able to pay him and take on Garoppolo’s contract. No team will take a trade for Darnold at the rate and he definitely isnt going to take less

At this point, unless a team like Seattle snakes Winston away from New Orleans, I'm not sure how the Jimmy market is anything but Indy, and they still have options with Baker and Winston as well. 

If things go well, I'd say the niners are able to move him for a day 3 pick at some point. If the carousel does not go well, I'd assume we keep him on the roster perhaps as long as camp. Let him get healthy to cut, but also give other chances for other opportunities to arise

• Like 2

Pittsburgh doesn't have a GM. They are in the process of finalizing that hire. 

Mitch trubinsky is getting paid 7m a year unless he's a starter, then he gets more. 

I think it could make sense they trade a conditional 2023 pick for Jimmy and have a competition in camp. It depends who gets hired as their GM, but I can't imagine them just rolling with MT and haskins this season, especially in that division. 

The Steelers are a team that will never hit the rebuild button until they have to. They will always look to compete and be a playoff team. They can't honestly look at MT and think they can make the playoffs with him considering how good their division is. 

I don't think the colts will trade for Jimmy, otherwise they would have done so already. 

I am calling my shot, Jimmy will get traded to the Steelers for a 2023 conditional pick and he will take an incentivized contract 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N4L said:

Pittsburgh doesn't have a GM. They are in the process of finalizing that hire. 

Mitch trubinsky is getting paid 7m a year unless he's a starter, then he gets more. 

I think it could make sense they trade a conditional 2023 pick for Jimmy and have a competition in camp. It depends who gets hired as their GM, but I can't imagine them just rolling with MT and haskins this season, especially in that division. 

The Steelers are a team that will never hit the rebuild button until they have to. They will always look to compete and be a playoff team. They can't honestly look at MT and think they can make the playoffs with him considering how good their division is. 

I don't think the colts will trade for Jimmy, otherwise they would have done so already. 

I am calling my shot, Jimmy will get traded to the Steelers for a 2023 conditional pick and he will take an incentivized contract 

They still have Mason Rudolph for the time being as well. 

I'm curious if they are targeting a rookie. That's what it feels like, but tricky