We are trading for Amari Cooper

sdrawkcab321

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Nassib and Ogbah weren’t good here tho. They had chances and never truly flashed.

It's more about allocation of resources, we replaced them with guaranteed money and a 3rd round pick.

We got worse at the cost of drafting someone else, it could barely of been handled worse. 

Chad Thomas was a worse prospect than Ogbah and about the same as nassib

6 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It's more about allocation of resources, we replaced them with guaranteed money and a 3rd round pick.

We got worse at the cost of drafting someone else, it could barely of been handled worse. 

Chad Thomas was a worse prospect than Ogbah and about the same as nassib

Chad Thomas wasnt good but Nassib and Ogbah did nothing that made them sure things to keep. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I know that would be great, but I don't want to forget that we'll be facing Lamar Jackson and Joe Burrow four times a year for the forseeable future.  We don't know what the Steelers will have up their sleeve at QB, but that is not a dumb organization at all.  We've also gotta find a way to make their lives as uncomfortable as possible.  

Run the football, eat the clock like Joey Chestnut eats hot dogs at Coney Island on the 4th of July, and punish the opposing QB.

ben barnes marvel GIF by NETFLIX

Still have to be able to score tho.

we lost to the ravens cause we couldn’t score. Baker was awful but when he made an actual good throw, no one made a play for him. 

browns will need to make their offense a threat. We saw how much that Cincy offense was transformed because of Higgins and Chase. Let’s do it here

19 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah cooper isn't a great number 1. WR is still a need. 

Agree. He is not a top tier #1 but prolly could be our best #1 since ‘13 Gordon. Say he is one of the best tier 2 group of #1 WRa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Chad Thomas wasnt good but Nassib and Ogbah did nothing that made them sure things to keep. 

Ogbah had some pass rushes, he played through injury and then got injured which decreased his value, but he was always better than who he replaced. I'd sooner 10 games of Ogbah than 16 of Thomas. 

Same goes with Nassib and Chris smith I think it was. 

It is an issue of economics.

We could of had mark Andrew's too

There are a number of reasons we can’t pass on a Wilson/London if they are there. All season, we saw inept passing and heard about how bad the receivers are. Which was true. Now we have a QB in his final year and not sure anyone knows the future there. We can’t leave any stones unturned this year with what we give him. The running game and defense were not the problem. 

With that said, if the board shakes out that a top WR isn’t there and we go defense, fantastic. You probably have to make a concerted effort round 2 or even trading up though possibly. 

49 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Ogbah had some pass rushes, he played through injury and then got injured which decreased his value, but he was always better than who he replaced. I'd sooner 10 games of Ogbah than 16 of Thomas. 

Same goes with Nassib and Chris smith I think it was. 

It is an issue of economics.

We could of had mark Andrew's too

Super easy to play revisionist history but Nassib and Ogbah were not good and deserved to be moved on. Just sucks they got worse there

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

There are a number of reasons we can’t pass on a Wilson/London if they are there. All season, we saw inept passing and heard about how bad the receivers are. Which was true. Now we have a QB in his final year and not sure anyone knows the future there. We can’t leave any stones unturned this year with what we give him. The running game and defense were not the problem. 

With that said, if the board shakes out that a top WR isn’t there and we go defense, fantastic. You probably have to make a concerted effort round 2 or even trading up though possibly. 

The running game and defense certainly had lulls during the season but yeah the passing offense was pretty much not good after about week 8 (9-3 TD/INT ratio at that point) and only okay the first half of the year.

We still need to stop 3rd and 4th down conversions on defense, we have the personnel to not be bad in those situations but not the scheme.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The running game and defense certainly had lulls during the season but yeah the passing offense was pretty much not good after about week 8 (9-3 TD/INT ratio at that point) and only okay the first half of the year.

We still need to stop 3rd and 4th down conversions on defense, we have the personnel to not be bad in those situations but not the scheme.

Yeah in a perfect world I’d love to keep the momentum on defense going and shore up some of those areas. I’m still 100% on board if we get a great defender round 1 but I don’t think we can enter 2022 remotely how we ended 2021 at WR. With Cooper getting 20M per season the next three years, you also know he’s going to have to be exceptional to even stay around. Hopefully he is. All that to say, let’s see without a doubt what this offense has. If we get a stud WR round 2 that’s all the better but if the top guy is there somehow at 13 I almost don’t think you have a choice. I don’t personally think this Cooper move in itself overhauls our position maybe the way some perceive.

9 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Yeah in a perfect world I’d love to keep the momentum on defense going and shore up some of those areas. I’m still 100% on board if we get a great defender round 1 but I don’t think we can enter 2022 remotely how we ended 2021 at WR. With Cooper getting 20M per season the next three years, you also know he’s going to have to be exceptional to even stay around. Hopefully he is. All that to say, let’s see without a doubt what this offense has. If we get a stud WR round 2 that’s all the better but if the top guy is there somehow at 13 I almost don’t think you have a choice. I don’t personally think this Cooper move in itself overhauls our position maybe the way some perceive.

I agree. As far as passing game weapons we are better today than yesterday but there is still work to do. I am fine with grabbing a WR in the 2nd, the 1st, whatever. I also think we need to put some importance on the offensive tackle position. Insurance for if Conklin isn't healthy or Wills doesn't improve and also security if they are injured like they were most of last season. We can't compete no matter who is at WR if we run long developing routes with bad tackle play.

• Like 2