We are trading for Amari Cooper

sdrawkcab321

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Dak has been much better with Cooper on the field, hopefully he helps Baker like that. 

Also I hope it creates space for our tight ends.

I just worry about his inconsistencies. He is known for disappearing for 1-2 games at a time and only playing well inside of a dome at home. If you look at his stats per game on the road vs. at home for the past couple years it is eye opening. He does not play well on the road, outdoors in the grass in cold weather situations often. 

Baker has always seemed to excel with bigger targets, so that should help him out as well.

I posted in the News thread as well the Browns WR group ranks 29th in the NFL in separation yards (2.8yds). So the Browns are close as you can get to the bottom in WRs being able to get open for easy throws. Hopefully they prioritize that whole route running/creating space trait in the draft as well. Wilson/Olave both fit that perfectly. 

With Cooper not being known as a true deep threat--sticking Olave (I know ppl think it would be a reach) next to Cooper would be a fantastic pairing.

Cooper/Olave outside, DPJ as a huge target in the slot and mix in Schwartz packages....that could be real real nice.

Edited by AkronsWitness

If Landry stays on a 1 or 2 year deal for maybe half what he was scheduled to make, cool.  I can live with that.

Even if that did happen, I am on board with WR in the 1st if we get one of the top couple guys.

Nothing wrong with Cooper, Landry, DPJ, and a top rookie, especially when a year or two from now we likely do not have Cooper or Landry.

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Olave makes much more sense after getting Amari. 

Olave could be the best number 2 in the league. 

How does olave make more sense over Garrett? He can be just as nasty in the a slot. Just comes down to if you want to trade down to get a WR

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If Wilson is there, we can’t pass him up. If he is gone. I would trade down and seek Burk Drake or Olave 

I really don’t see Wilson falling to us. The nfl is a parody league and after what the whole league saw what jamar chase did for Cincinnati other teams are going to try to replicate that. And the closest thing to chase in this draft is Wilson. He’s going to go very early. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I really don’t see Wilson falling to us. The nfl is a parody league and after what the whole league saw what jamar chase did for Cincinnati other teams are going to try to replicate that. And the closest thing to chase in this draft is Wilson. He’s going to go very early. 

Excellent post also  1 other receiver.

I posted in the News thread as well the Browns WR group ranks 29th in the NFL in separation yards (2.8yds). So the Browns are close as you can get to the bottom in WRs being able to get open for easy throws. Hopefully they prioritize that whole route running/creating space trait in the draft as well. Wilson/Olave both fit that perfectly. 

At one point in the season ESPN had them (WR’s) rated dead last in the league in their speed metric too, which is obviously going to limit their ability to separate and beat teams over the top.

If you look at this as essentially Jarvis for Cooper, it gives our receivers a big boost in that category.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buno67 said:

How does olave make more sense over Garrett? He can be just as nasty in the a slot. Just comes down to if you want to trade down to get a WR

I never said over Garrett 

I just said much more than he did previously 

Garrett is ideal but I don’t think he gets past Atlanta 

IMO, you really can't go wrong with Wilson/London. They do different things, but both are true top shelf guys. I'd throw Williams in there if his medical checks out. Burks is a great guy too, he's just a more specialized guy than the other three as far as maximizing his play style (I think he'd fit beautifully in a Deebo role).

19 minutes ago, nugpimpen said:

I'm a huge Bucks fan but I think I'd take London over Wilson. 

To me not with Baker. 

Baker is at his best with receivers who create separation. London isn’t really great at doing that. He’s probably the worst out of the top 6 receivers at it. 

One thing Baker has not shown one ounce of to this point is the ability to get the balls to receivers in tight coverage consistently. If youre going to maximize Baker I say get him someone who thrives at getting open. 

Wilson is the best pairing with Baker. 

• Like 1

Mayfield and Wilson also have a pre-existing relationship, since they both went to the same high school. Not at the same time obviously. For a number of reasons I do not see the Browns passing on Wilson if he is there. I still think it’s a longshot, him being available though. 

• Like 1