Draft watch

Johnny Nix

17 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Year in and year out the "experts" draft boards routinely end up fairly off base outside of the top 10 picks or so.  If they think Ragnow is a 10 year starting C with pro bowl upside, then he isn't a reach at 21.

Just want to squeeze out all I can. Would not complain about that pick at 21.

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Would it be ironic if we took Ragnow in the first and then Price was still sitting there so we took him too (RG)?

I was just thinking about that, and I would be perfectly happy with that.  Would be fantastic to have depth at Center.  Price can play RG and then if Ragnow gets hurt, he can play Center and Westerman can play RG...

2 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

I really think I prefer Ragnow, just hoping we get him at the right value. 21 seems like an overdraft with all the interior lineman likely available. If we trade back 5 to 7 spots and take him or use some picks to move up in two I will be happy.

With the Bills and Pats right behind us what would be some guys targeted to get ahead of them? If for some reason a qb falls or the run on  the top Tackles is drying up?

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I was just thinking about that, and I would be perfectly happy with that.  Would be fantastic to have depth at Center.  Price can play RG and then if Ragnow gets hurt, he can play Center and Westerman can play RG...

I would like it as well.

3 hours ago, Futbudds said:

With the Bills and Pats right behind us what would be some guys targeted to get ahead of them? If for some reason a qb falls or the run on  the top Tackles is drying up?

Hard to say. I imagine there will be someone there that a team is desperate to get. Either the last player at a position that had a run or a highly ranked player that dropped due to that run.

1 hour ago, Beck Bristow said:

Hard to say. I imagine there will be someone there that a team is desperate to get. Either the last player at a position that had a run or a highly ranked player that dropped due to that run.

My guess is they will be heavy in trade talks this draft. With how many picks they have it's hard to make the argument of quantity over quality. Perfect scenario for me would be trade back to the late first and grab one of the top centers and then trade up a couple of times and target whoever is at the top of the board. I’d love to see them trade up a spot ahead of the stillers in the second and take Bates.

22 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

Draft twitter is getting me excited about Frank Ragnow...

Is he playing RG in that first clip and C in the second one?  Because the center got schooled in the first clip.

13 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Predraft visit with Antonio Callaway, because of course we are. Super talented but could be too much baggage. 

I've been including him in every one of my mocks.  It's going to happen.  Talented receiver who'll be available in the mid-rounds.  Can almost guarantee that if he's still around in the 5th, that we're using one of those 5th round picks on him.

In this situation, the talent is worth the risk.  Dude can ball...

Archived