Draft watch

Johnny Nix

1 hour ago, TheVillain112 said:

I've been including him in every one of my mocks.  It's going to happen.  Talented receiver who'll be available in the mid-rounds.  Can almost guarantee that if he's still around in the 5th, that we're using one of those 5th round picks on him.

In this situation, the talent is worth the risk.  Dude can ball...

Yeah I remember watching him play thinking he was gonna be a first round lock

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I've been including him in every one of my mocks.  It's going to happen.  Talented receiver who'll be available in the mid-rounds.  Can almost guarantee that if he's still around in the 5th, that we're using one of those 5th round picks on him.

I don't know.  he's 5'9".  the team likes taller WRs.  he's talented, but how many strikes will he come into the league with?

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

I don't know.  he's 5'9".  the team likes taller WRs.  he's talented, but how many strikes will he come into the league with?

I thought he was 5'11, where are you seeing 5'9? 

He definitely seems to have enough height.  I think OBJ is 5'11...

On 4/12/2018 at 3:48 PM, INbengalfan said:

Your right.  I sas it recently and he weighs in the 190s.  Remembered the wrong "9"

I just looked up his height/weight, and he's almost exactly the same as OBJ coming out of college.  OBJ with a little less explosiveness is actually a good comp for him.  But he's been out of football for a year, and is a head case off the field (and who knows how dedicated he is on it).  So I doubt he'll never live up to his potential. 

Still a great talent and ever so often guys like Tyreek Hill do end up being stars...

19 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I bet we take him with the supplemental 3rd.  I can already see Brown's reasoning, "it's like an extra pick anyway!"

1 hour ago, johndeere1707 said:

I'm officially on board the Mike McGlinchey/Frank Ragnow train

There's a couple of combinations I would be fine with: McGlincy/Connor Williams/Isiah Wynn/Will Hernandez at RT/RG with James Daniels/Ragnow/Price at Center.  Any combination of the first and second group, I would be satisfied with.  But I highly doubt we're going back to back OL, although we absolutely should...

12 hours ago, Beck Bristow said:

We met with Sam Hubbard yesterday. I like him, but I don't think he'll be much of a pass rusher as a pro, and likely  over drafted, but he could definitely slide into Johnson's spot. 

I think he will be one of those solid guys in the league for awhile. 

Archived