Free agency talk

Beck Bristow

3 hours ago, sparky151 said:

After adding Collins, the Bengals are about 19 mil under the cap. That's enough for a couple of significant signings plus some depth guys. I'd still like to get Tretter. But Ogunjobi would be fine or a WR4 and Tre Flowers.

From everything I have read/listened to, no more external signings are really expected. Still have to resign some of our guys, but no one expects anything big. maybe a bargain bin signing at corner. 

58 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

From everything I have read/listened to, no more external signings are really expected. Still have to resign some of our guys, but no one expects anything big. maybe a bargain bin signing at corner. 

No one expected us to sign Bell either. The front office is usually pretty tight lipped so the media not hearing anything isn't all that surprising.

Hey all, didnt want to make a new thread in your forum but decided to stop by to share something you all might like..

I posted this in the off topic sub forum but thought I would post here too since it has something Cinci in it.

My wife started a side business making handmade dog bandanas (complete with your dogs name on them) among a few other cool things she made. I even had her made Browns/Bengals/Ohio State bandanas 🤣

Her store is now live and I figured I would drop it here to help generate something....anything.. to show her it was worth her time 

Check it out if you have a dog or know somebody who does--they are great unique gifts for bdays/holidays. If you have any questions PM me.

Thanks yall.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MannsBestFriendPets

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 3/24/2022 at 1:48 PM, sparky151 said:

After adding Collins, the Bengals are about 19 mil under the cap. That's enough for a couple of significant signings plus some depth guys. I'd still like to get Tretter. But Ogunjobi would be fine or a WR4 and Tre Flowers.

Does that $19 million exclude money for the draft and in season emergencies? 

28 minutes ago, Xenos said:

Nope.  We have enough left to extend Bates and maybe get one/two low end vet deals done.  If we extend bates, I could see us bringing back Larry Ogunjobi, then possibly add Quentin Spain after the draft if we don't find an interior replacement

On 3/26/2022 at 11:48 AM, Xenos said:

No, it's 19 mil for whatever they want to spend it on. Whether new players, signing the draftees, extending current players, saving it for a Burrow extension, or gold plating the executive washroom. 

Available money is a resource and it should be used to field the strongest possible team in 2022. We're in our window now. Reserving money for potential injuries is loser think. Better teams create cap space as needed by restructing someone like Boyd, Mixon, or Hendrickson. 

The rookies will cost about 5 mil in total but that's not a net number as they take the roster spots of current players. If we extend Bates, it's easy to reduce his 2022 cap number to something less than the current tag amount, which would increase our cap space for 2022. Etc. 

4 hours ago, sparky151 said:

No, it's 19 mil for whatever they want to spend it on. Whether new players, signing the draftees, extending current players, saving it for a Burrow extension, or gold plating the executive washroom. 

Available money is a resource and it should be used to field the strongest possible team in 2022. We're in our window now. Reserving money for potential injuries is loser think. Better teams create cap space as needed by restructing someone like Boyd, Mixon, or Hendrickson. 

The rookies will cost about 5 mil in total but that's not a net number as they take the roster spots of current players. If we extend Bates, it's easy to reduce his 2022 cap number to something less than the current tag amount, which would increase our cap space for 2022. Etc. 

Then the next question is, how often have the Bengals FO restructured contracts to free up space or extend someone to reduce the current cap year numbers?