Rams release All-Pro P Johnny Hekker; signs with Panthers

TheKillerNacho

2 minutes ago, LeotheLion said:

His play has dropped off considerably. Great guy and great career but it this is definitely the right time.

He doesn't have the power he once did, but I didn't realize how precise he was last year. We only gave up 60 return yards, he only allowed one touchback (IIRC, Skowronek's fault), and his net punting average was 42.6 yards (#4 in the NFL).

My Jets will probably be punting a lot. 

Sign me up (still only 32 years old).

NFL records

31 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

My Jets will probably be punting a lot. 

Sign me up (still only 32 years old).

NFL records

Gonna go out on a limb here DWC and say, unless the Jets pay Hekker like a QB, he's not going from SB Champ to become a Jet. Sorry.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Gonna go out on a limb here DWC and say, unless the Jets pay Hekker like a QB, he's not going from SB Champ to become a Jet. Sorry.

I've always disliked this mindset from fans because NFL players are more competitive than people realize. And a lot of them aren't scared of a challenge.

C.J. Mosley said it best.

(and plenty of great players go to teams who aren't yet great).

6 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I've always disliked this mindset from fans because NFL players are more competitive than people realize. And a lot of them aren't scared of a challenge.

Sorry I'm confused? What does any of that have to do with Hekker wanting to join a losing Franchise rather then joining a playoff contender for the rest of his career?