Ms. Marvel - Disney+ - June 8th - First Trailer

Acgott

10 minutes ago, Xenos said:

The 90s animated show was pretty good and faithful.

People rave about BTAS, and rightfully so, but this show was really good too. No one talks about it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I hope Ms marvel is less OP.

I like it when protogonists struggle.

Thats the issue i have with superman, who i dont find to be interesting at all

The struggle with her is almost always not hero/power related. 

It's with her conservative Muslim family/community or how other heros/characters act to her. 

It's one of the most common complaints of her books. (That and she's on Team Captain Nazi/Marvel in Civil War II and is running around with her team of underage heroes arresting people for pre-crimes.)

+

The partition separating the male/female parts of the Mosque is going to be an issue.

Her skinny white friend with the orange beanie getting picked on by a White football player in a lettermen jacket is going to be an issue.

The redhead being a faux nice/overbearing about Muslim culture is going to be an issue.

The good looking shirtless dude (who is probably going to be under 18 in-universe) liking somebody else is going to be an issue. 

The guidance counselor and her parents wanting her to pick a college/path for the future is going to be an issue. 

I would be shocked if there wasn't a Voting Rights situation that is going to be an issue.

+

The issue with Kamala Khan as Ms. Marvel has always been that G. Willow Wilson was passable at writing Kamala Khan and horrible at writing Ms. Marvel. The hero part of the books is always what is put on the back burner, and the adventures of Kamala Khan (Muslim girl in America) are front and center. The majority of her problems tend to be solved by just deciding to solve them. Once she's decided to punch her enemy in the face, they fall down, but there's got to be 3 issues of build up and self doubt before she actually punches anybody in the face. 

This looks like it's going to be a CW drama that occasionally remembers that it's supposed to be a super hero show. 

+

The longest run of Ms. Marvel to exist without a reboot was 38 issues, and a good amount of that was tied into Civil War II. 

No Ms. Marvel paperback has ever cracked a year end Top 100 sales list. In fairness, it does better as a trade compilation, but it doesn't kill it there either. Ms. Marvel has always been elevated by Marvel Comics far beyond the popular interest in her character would indicate. 

14 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

People rave about BTAS, and rightfully so, but this show was really good too. No one talks about it.

Batman was just the first and it overshadowed everything afterwards. Superman was actually the more consistent show, while Batman had to deal with a lot of stupid meddling at first.

Also a lot more people like Batman than Supes.

Edited by Xenos
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenos said:

Batman was just the first and it overshadowed everything afterwards. Superman was actually the more consistent show, while Batman had to deal with a lot of stupid meddling at first.

Also a lot more people like Batman than Supes.

For sure. I still think that show gets underrated. People still talk about JLA but you rarely hear anyone ever mention STAS.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

For sure. I still think that show gets underrated. People still talk about JLA but you rarely hear anyone ever mention STAS.

STAS is what I introduce to people who are new to Superman and don’t read the comics. It’s just so much better than the live adaptation version including the Donner ones.

• Like 1