Ms. Marvel - Disney+ - June 8th - First Trailer

Acgott

I really like that trailer. Yes, it changes her past, but I doubt we see Inhumans for a long time, and they can always retcon it that her band is how Inhuman powers are activated if they want. The big thing that I like is it feels like the right tone for the character. This should be a young adult style show, just better budget and special effects than the CW.

• Like 1

This is one of the ones that I wasn't looking forward to at all. The trailer was better than I thought but it still comes off as too much of a CW show/teen movie for me. Pretty on the fence if I'll give it a shot or not.

Now give me a trailer for She Hulk!

Nega bands? 

Anyway, trailer looks ok, but I am a little bummed the powers she has in this show don't seem like the ones she has in the comics. I know Reed Richards is on the horizon, or maybe it was a budget thing where a giant realistic fist or shape shifting would look bad, but still a little disappointing. Oh well, hopefully the writing is good. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

14 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

The trailer was better than I thought but it still comes off as too much of a CW show/teen movie for me. 

I like that the different MCU projects have their own tone and storytelling style.

• Like 1

The “safe” approach TV series like Falcon / WS were the most meh of this wave IMO.   I’ll keep an open mind here.  

Sure there’s a risk of being a CW like series but they’ve earned my trust with the interpretations they’ve had with Loki & even Hawkeye (even if the ending was more on the safe side).   

12 hours ago, Broncofan said:

The “safe” approach TV series like Falcon / WS were the most meh of this wave IMO.   I’ll keep an open mind here.  

Sure there’s a risk of being a CW like series but they’ve earned my trust with the interpretations they’ve had with Loki & even Hawkeye (even if the ending was more on the safe side).   

I’m curious how this next wave of shows will go. They’ll have a lot more going for them.

• Proven strategy, a lot of the first wave was conceived or worked on before they knew how big Disney+ could be.
  • Scope, they know now that people pay attention to these even moreso than the movies. So they don’t need to just do isolated opt in stuff. They also know fans want more connections.
  • Not having to make it in peak COVID and have to change stuff on the fly
  • Being able to take in the criticisms of some of their earlier shows and hopefully not do that again. Flag Smashers being duds, rapid somewhat meh ending of Wandavision.

Moon Knight seems to have really take all that to put into that show. I don’t see Ms Marvel doing it quite to the same extent, but hope some of that can be useful to make it not an easy skip for people.

I think of movies like say Love, Simon from the last handful of years. If this show is essentially that + superhero stuff I think it’s a fun addition.

• Like 1