Ms. Marvel - Disney+ - June 8th - First Trailer

Acgott

Lets get back to Ms. Marvel.

Question: how OP does that group think shes going to be?

Is it going to be a power origin story?

I only watched the first 15-20 mins of the original capt marvel, and mostly know the character from endgame

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

A quote around the time of the premiere, fair to bring up. But they were trying to thread a needle on taking out racial stereotypes. 
It's a move Feige has said since he deeply regrets and not something echoed anywhere else.

Progressiveness is always just being progressive, it's doesn't really matter where you get off the train on that one.
They fought the soviets for years too, but they aren't a prevailing force in the world anymore.

Stuff like X-men. Inhumans, a lot of Marvel deals in a world of bigotry, and people hating people for who they are and what they look like.
If that aligns with real world people and ideals well it just is what it is. Can't make up some 3rd group that doesn't exist.

But I just saw @Adrenaline_Flux post as I'm responding we can move on.
don't think this is really going anywhere and like I said for you, just seems like a waste of time.

Good eloquent breakdown of Marvel and what they’ve been trying to do for years.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Malfatron said:

It mostly reads like everyone else is posting rational well-thought out posts and being very patient with you, and you are being mad online, and are acting very sensitive over being called a snowflake (which is ironic)

So i urge you to please refrain from derailing this thread more, as i have to sift through a lot of stuff to get to the takes on this tv show

I'm done, I'm just going to keep letting the mods know everytime somebody ignores the warning and trust they'll apply the rules fairly.

14 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

So . . . you admit you saw the warning

And then decided it didn't apply to you so you could spout off?

@Adrenaline_Flux

Are we allowed to talk politics after the warning or not? Seems like everybody wants to get their shots in but doesn't want to have to live with a response. 

Only right think is allowed after warnings? Is that the rule?

I edited it in quickly after, finishing our conversation about a particular thing.

You can PM me if you want to talk about it.
I assure you no one is scared of the response, it's pointless but if you feel the need to complain about this stuff feel free to blow up my PMs over it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

I only watched the first 15-20 mins of the original capt marvel, and mostly know the character from endgame

Going to be interesting how they shift her origin. Seem to be going a totally new direction for the Inhuman route.
She seems roughly in the same power tier though. Seems like they just went Green Lantern -esque projections of her embiggening powers over the Reed Richardsy stretching.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

@ET80

Gonna do anything about this dude?

I don't know how much more obvious baiting can get. 

Sigh...its like if a fish looks at a worm on the hook and says "thats bait" but eats it anyway.

Your constant whining is making people realize its fun to get reactions from you.

Just ignore it please

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

It's going to depend on her villain, but from what we've seen, very OP. She'll probably spend the majority of her hero time fighting the DHS/ICE-esque Power control force, with the ninja guy thrown in. 

It will be a power origin story. She'll get her powers from the bracelets

The majority of the time, like the comic, will be spent on her Muslim traditions and high school drama. 

5 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

Sigh...its like if a fish looks at a worm on the hook and says "thats bait" but eats it anyway.

Your constant whining is making people realize its fun to get reactions from you.

Just ignore it please

Why should anybody have to put up with baiting? 

I did the exact right thing per the rules of the site. I reported it to the Moderator. It's up to the moderator to decide if it's baiting/trolling and give out the warning accordingly.

@ET80 is that not the policy?

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why should anybody have to put up with baiting? 

I did the exact right thing per the rules of the site. I reported it to the Moderator. It's up to the moderator to decide if it's baiting/trolling and give out the warning accordingly.

@ET80 is that not the policy?

Just let it go, and contemplate that you are the reason that this started.

More of posting ms. Marvel stuff and then you will realize that the thread will improve

Thanks

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Going to be interesting how they shift her origin. Seem to be going a totally new direction for the Inhuman route.
She seems roughly in the same power tier though. Seems like they just went Green Lantern -esque projections of her embiggening powers over the Reed Richardsy stretching.

I hope Ms marvel is less OP.

I like it when protogonists struggle.

Thats the issue i have with superman, who i dont find to be interesting at all

• Like 2