Ms. Marvel - Disney+ - June 8th - First Trailer

Acgott

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

She took over the mantle of Ms. Marvel. A role that was originally carried by Carol Danvers. It then went to Sharon Ventura and then Karla Sofen. 

The Ancient One is a title ala Sorcerer Supreme ala Ms. Marvel. There's no way that one was race swapping and one wasn't. Thank you for making my point. 

It was a new character in the sense that Kamala Khan is new, but Ms. Marvel has existed in many forms for a while. Had she simply taken over the mantle at some random point in time, nobody would have cared. But she did it in 2013 in the midst of Marvel's diversity push.

+

How is it Political Propoganda? Gee, I don't know, it's not like the artist tweeted this out and Marvel didn't do **** for discipline.

Phil Noto Revises His Civil War II #0 Kamala Khan Ms Marvel Cover Art In  Reaction To Trump's Immigration Ban | Civil war 2 marvel, Captain marvel,  Ms marvel

Race swapping is when you take a character and swap their race. When you intro a new character that takes up the mantle (something done in comics for a century) it's not raceswapping.

4 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

She was the first of the race swapped, "political propoganda aimed at children" characters.

That was your post, seemed to be pointing towards her creation being the "political propaganda", that's what I was going off of.
As for after that Marvel has never really shied away from living in the real world and talking about things.
Why would they change now?

• Like 2

Just now, Kiltman said:

Race swapping is when you take a character and swap their race. When you intro a new character that takes up the mantle (something done in comics for a century) it's not raceswapping.

That was your post, seemed to be pointing towards her creation being the "political propaganda", that's what I was going off of.
As for after that Marvel has never really shied away from living in the real world and talking about things.
Why would they change now?

Per Marvel, the Ancient One is a title. It is not a character. So your example of the Ancient One is nonsense. You just wanted to bring it up because Tilda Swinton was White. 

Then you incorrectly interpreted my post. The content of her book is the political propaganda. And Marvel has absolutely shied away from living in the real world and talking about things . . . unless they're anything other than progressive values. Ta-nehisi Coates is probably still writing Captain America for god's sake, not that anybody is reading it.

Marvel will search under every rock and log for a Progressive writer to come write for them. They haven't approached a single conservative writer. ******* A man, they made Jordan Peterson Red Skull. 

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Per Marvel, the Ancient One is a title. It is not a character. So your example of the Ancient One is nonsense. You just wanted to bring it up because Tilda Swinton was White. 

Then you incorrectly interpreted my post. The content of her book is the political propaganda. And Marvel has absolutely shied away from living in the real world and talking about things . . . unless they're anything other than progressive values. Ta-nehisi Coates is probably still writing Captain America for god's sake, not that anybody is reading it.

Marvel will search under every rock and log for a Progressive writer to come write for them. They haven't approached a single conservative writer. ******* A man, they made Jordan Peterson Red Skull. 

The Ancient One isn't a title, the Sorcerer Supreme is a title. How do you have multiple Ancient Ones? Huh?
I brought it up because it was the first one off the top of my head, I don't have a prevailing agenda here lol.

Marvel also has always been progressive and also tried to reflect the people in the world in their characters...primarily in America.
That's right from Stan Lee's mouth on a lot of decisions he made. 

Great thing? This is all opt in stuff. We live in a world with too much content, if something isn't for you it's ok to not watch it and move on.
Just seems like you spend a lot of time talking about stuff you hate here rather than things you are excited for....seems a bit miserable to me.

But you do you

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

The Ancient One isn't a title, the Sorcerer Supreme is a title. How do you have multiple Ancient Ones? Huh?
I brought it up because it was the first one off the top of my head, I don't have a prevailing agenda here lol.

Marvel also has always been progressive and also tried to reflect the people in the world in their characters...primarily in America.
That's right from Stan Lee's mouth on a lot of decisions he made. 

Great thing? This is all opt in stuff. We live in a world with too much content, if something isn't for you it's ok to not watch it and move on.
Just seems like you spend a lot of time talking about stuff you hate here rather than things you are excited for....seems a bit miserable to me.

But you do you

Per Feige:

“Marvel has a very strong record of diversity in its casting of films and regularly departs from stereotypes and source material to bring its MCU [Marvel Cinematic Universe] to life,” a statement issued at the time said. “The Ancient One is a title that is not exclusively held by any one character, but rather a moniker passed down through time, and in this particular film the embodiment is Celtic.”

Marvel and Stan Lee have not always been Progressive. Progressive didn't mean then what it means now. There are plenty of examples of Spider-Man and Captain America fighting leftist extremists and even standing up to campus political protesters. However, let's say hypothetically that statement is true.

Marvel has traditionally, in their major books with their major characters, portrayed both political sides as having a point, even if one side is flawed (stuff like OG Captain America/Red Skull is an obvious exception with it being not based on modern politics). Magneto/Xavier being the classic example. Even characters like Trask and Stryker have reasons (typically in the form of massacres) for believing that Mutants are horrible and need to be wiped out.

Portraying Conservatives as dumb, violent, racists, with no redeeming qualities is absolutely a thing new to Marvel in the last 15 years. 

+

Luckily it is all opt-in stuff. And as we can see from Comic sales, nobody gives a **** about Ms. Marvel and hasn't in basically a decade. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Luckily it is all opt-in stuff. And as we can see from Comic sales, nobody gives a **** about Ms. Marvel and hasn't in basically a decade. 

You seem pretty invested in it

• Like 3

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

so the racist rhetoric wasn't enough you felt the need to throw in misogynistic rhetoric too?

It's pretty inappropriate. I'm not an Entertainment mod, but clean it up.

1. What racist rhetoric? You're making stuff up now. 

2. He came in and called me a Snowflake. I had no conversation with him previously. He jumped in with the personal attack. Both of these Mods jumped in with personal attacks, I'm just responding. 

50 minutes ago, pwny said:

Imagine getting mad that they renamed a character and then gave a different character the original name.

Pure snowflake mentality.

Are personal attacks allowed here or not? I seem to be catching a lot of them from folks with Moderator tags. 

Just now, Tk3 said:

Based on the quantity of your posts and dumb opinions on the matter?

I at least have the decency to provide evidence of my opinions. 

The rest of this group seems to be more than content to believe that Daddy Disney loves them dearly and would never do anything questionable.