Raiders agree to Trade Yannick to Colts

agarcia34

Just now, reddevil said:

I was trying to remember which poster  was more critical of Yannick this season - and now I remember!

I agreed with the points you made about him. I thought he struggled to impose himself quite regularly. He had some good moments and very good games - but wasn’t a consistent dangerous presence and at times was a bit of a weak link..

He played like a situational pass rusher on every down. It's easier to get double digit sacks when you're pinning your ears back no matter the down and distance.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

No draft picks just player for player and Raiders get some cap space 7 million 

And this is not a bad thing by the way. He was one of the best corners last year in man coverage. 

This past season, Ya-Sin lowered his allowed completion percentage to 53.3 and only gave up 217 yards and three touchdowns. A substantial improvement for the young cornerback.

• Like 1

Weirdly expected this to happen. He was not a good fit in the pending defense. Was optimistic they could work him in, but alas they upgraded pass rush with a better run defending player to boot and got a starting corner out of. 

Hell of a first at bat for Ziegler. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Geezy said:

yea im not too thrilled, cant say what i think about Ya-Sin but from the sounds of it doesnt really move the needle in the secondary. 

A pick would’ve made it better for me. Not really a big rock fan but it is what it is 

• Like 1

Just now, NCOUGHMAN said:

A pick would’ve made it better for me. Not really a big rock fan but it is what it is 

apparently hes rated highly according to PFF and allowed a 53.3% completion rate last year. cant say i know much more than that.

13 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Weirdly expected this to happen. He was not a good fit in the pending defense. Was optimistic they could work him in, but alas they upgraded pass rush with a better run defending player to boot and got a starting corner out of. 

Hell of a first at bat for Ziegler. 

love the multi-tiered thinking. Upgraded two spots.