Pre-draft tidbits

Louis Friend

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

You're certainly entitled to your wrong opinion.

I had no dog in the fight really, in fact things even happened to break perfect for me as I had a parlay with Bengals on the line and one with Rams money line.  It’s pretty undeniable that the refs stepped in and made the end of that game anti climatic. 

Edited by BigC421/

2 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I had no dog in the fight really, in fact things even happened to break perfect for me as I had a parlay with Bengals on the line and one with Rams money line.  It’s pretty undeniable that the refs stepped in and made the end of that game anti climatic. 

As I said, you're entitled to your wrong opinions.

47 minutes ago, BigC421/ said:

I don't agree with this view.  The refs made some questionable calls late but didnt completely change that game.  In fact the most egregious issue with the refs was the missed offensive PI call that directly led to points being scored.  In fact without that, Kupp and Stafford wouldn't have needed late game heroics and it would have been more anticlimactic.  

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I don't agree with this view.  The refs made some questionable calls late but didnt completely change that game.  In fact the most egregious issue with the refs was the missed offensive PI call that directly led to points being scored.  In fact without that, Kupp and Stafford wouldn't have needed late game heroics and it would have been more anticlimactic.  

Yeah I mean everyone goes to the blatant face mask to start the 2nd half as some sort of justification for the ending but I don’t buy it.  Ramsey got away with a very obvious hold in the end zone against Higgins earlier in the game , that took a 4 points off the board.  In real time I looked at that face mask as evening things up.  Obviously there not the same and one is far more gloriously obvious to the average fan but either way both non calls changed the score board.  

Rams were looking at 4th and goal from the 8 before the phantom flag on Wilson.  That flag was so blatantly thrown for the purpose of bailing out the Rams it was embarrassing to watch frankly.  Stafford had thrown 3 straight incompletions starting with 1st and goal at that point. 4th down wasn’t looking promising but the 4th down play would have been epic one way or the other (and having to play the 4th down would have been the right call) and both teams would have settled on the field.  Instead the refs proceeded to throw more flags than they had all game in 15 second span and just laid up the Rams right on the 1.  This essentially ended the game and it had nothing to do with the players on either team. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Yeah I mean everyone goes to the blatant face mask to start the 2nd half as some sort of justification for the ending but I don’t buy it.  Ramsey got away with a very obvious hold in the end zone against Higgins earlier in the game , that took a 4 points off the board.  In real time I looked at that face mask as evening things up.  Obviously there not the same and one is far more gloriously obvious to the average fan but either way both non calls changed the score board.  

Rams were looking at 4th and goal from the 8 before the phantom flag on Wilson.  That flag was so blatantly thrown for the purpose of bailing out the Rams it was embarrassing to watch frankly.  Stafford had thrown 3 straight incompletions starting with 1st and goal at that point. 4th down wasn’t looking promising but the 4th down play would have been epic one way or the other (and having to play the 4th down would have been the right call) and both teams would have settled on the field.  Instead the refs proceeded to throw more flags than they had all game in 15 second span and just laid up the Rams right on the 1.  This essentially ended the game and it had nothing to do with the players on either team

Man... they don't like hearing this!

Lots of Stafford/Rams fans.

They won't like hearing that maybe it looked a little weird if you weren't a Rams fan. 

I'm not gonna say either which way... I do wish that ending didn't happen like that. I mostly like seeing how Stafford went from one situation to another and won instantly and seeing the excuses Jared Goff gets from fans like he's top 10 and stuff cause a few weeks.

Edited by SimbaWho

12 hours ago, SimbaWho said:

Lots of Stafford/Rams fans.

They won't like hearing that maybe it looked a little weird if you weren't a Rams fan. 

I'm not gonna say either which way... I do wish that ending didn't happen like that. I mostly like seeing how Stafford went from one situation to another and won instantly and seeing the excuses Jared Goff gets from fans like he's top 10 and stuff cause a few weeks.

Hyperbole as usual to try and make your arguments look better.  Nobody thinks Goff is top 10, but good enough to not spend significant resources on questionable talent.  If anyone felt comfortable that Willis or Pickett or anyone would be as good or better than Goff, I am sure they would be ok spending the resources.  Saying Goff is better or at least as good as Baker Mayfield is just comparing him to another bottom 50% QB. We have plenty of holes, and not wanting to spend resources on crap talent doesnt mean anyone thinks Goff is the long term answer. 

As for the SB, I didn't care who won but that PI was the most egregious call.  There were sketchy calls both ways and although the Rams got a free first down, they scored on the next play and had an iffy holding against them that called that play back.   And they still scored.  The Ramsey holding call could have been called, wasn't that bad and did not impact Chase's route nearly as much as Wilson having his arm around Kupp on the last drive.  Also that ball was way behind Chase and he had to reach back into Ramsey anyways which is where the ball was at.  If Burrow throws a good ball in front of him, thats a TD anyways. Seems like there are more Stafford haters arguing the other way because they dont want to give him credit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Hyperbole as usual to try and make your arguments look better.  Nobody thinks Goff is top 10, but good enough to not spend significant resources on questionable talent.  If anyone felt comfortable that Willis or Pickett or anyone would be as good or better than Goff, I am sure they would be ok spending the resources.  Saying Goff is better or at least as good as Baker Mayfield is just comparing him to another bottom 50% QB. We have plenty of holes, and not wanting to spend resources on crap talent doesnt mean anyone thinks Goff is the long term answer. 

As for the SB, I didn't care who won but that PI was the most egregious call.  There were sketchy calls both ways and although the Rams got a free first down, they scored on the next play and had an iffy holding against them that called that play back.   And they still scored.  The Ramsey holding call could have been called, wasn't that bad and did not impact Chase's route nearly as much as Wilson having his arm around Kupp on the last drive.  Also that ball was way behind Chase and he had to reach back into Ramsey anyways which is where the ball was at.  If Burrow throws a good ball in front of him, thats a TD anyways. Seems like there are more Stafford haters arguing the other way because they dont want to give him credit. 

Disingenuous as usual to try and look like a "neutral party". 

Congrats Matthew Stafford.  Happy he got some naysayers off his back. Now I hope he wins and then plays absolutely horrible next year so we can get a good pick in 23.  

That's you posting before the super-bowl. ( PG 75 in the anything thread) So, you don't have to broad-cast a lie in an attempt to look better in your argument/point of view. 

My post isn't driving an agenda for me either which way. I don't care if Lions get Mayfield? In-fact I'll be upset if they pay too much for someone/something like him. Rather they just expose Goff this year and get a QB in next years draft.

49 minutes ago, SimbaWho said:

Disingenuous as usual to try and look like a "neutral party". 

That's you posting before the super-bowl. ( PG 75 in the anything thread) So, you don't have to broad-cast a lie in an attempt to look better in your argument/point of view. 

My post isn't driving an agenda for me either which way. I don't care if Lions get Mayfield? In-fact I'll be upset if they pay too much for someone/something like him. Rather they just expose Goff this year and get a QB in next years draft.

I said I was hoping Stafford won, but didn't care if he didn't.  I like Burrow too and would have liked to see another young QB breakout.  I didn't care who won that game and was not rooting either way really but did want Stafford to play well.  That doesn't affect the way I watched the game any more than your hatred of Stafford and anything Lions seemed to.  

Yes your post was hyperbole to push an agenda to not give Goff a chance.  If not, you are just posting to stir up stuff, which may be the case with how you backtrack on those contrarian opinions and play them all off as tongue in cheek jokes, and thats fine, but its getting old. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, diehardlionfan said:

While Goff isn’t top ten I don’t see a replacement that would improve play at the position.

Yeah, Idk if I'm suggesting off his head... Lions would have to get creative to justify the cut with some sort of good signing/trade.

Maybe they're(staff/FO) hyper focused on next years draft but bringing back Boyle/Blough for Goff's competition is kind of a joke.(IMO). There is still this draft and even rest of the off-season to do something. Almost any name( obviously not an over pay; or other no namers ) would of been a welcome sight to me as the QB position is open for competition. 

Edited by SimbaWho

23 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I said I was hoping Stafford won, but didn't care if he didn't.  I like Burrow too and would have liked to see another young QB breakout.  I didn't care who won that game and was not rooting either way really but did want Stafford to play well.  That doesn't affect the way I watched the game any more than your hatred of Stafford and anything Lions seemed to.  

Yes your post was hyperbole to push an agenda to not give Goff a chance.  If not, you are just posting to stir up stuff, which may be the case with how you backtrack on those contrarian opinions and play them all off as tongue in cheek jokes, and thats fine, but its getting old. 

Congrats Matthew Stafford.  Happy he got some naysayers off his back. Now I hope he wins and then plays absolutely horrible next year so we can get a good pick in 23. 

Yeah I back-track. 

You can't, not care and yet have hope for something... To have hope for something is to desire, anticipate, or expect a certain out come.

Just now, SimbaWho said:

Yeah I back-track. 

You can't, not care and yet have hope for something... To have hope for something is to desire, anticipate, or expect a certain out come.

Yup, thats the same thing you posted above.  And yes I said it.  While watching the game I didn't really care.  And if I did it wasnt with the same desire that I feel for the Lions that might make me look at a game one sided.  

And yes, every time someone calls you on your exaggerations on what the forum is saying when literally nobody in the forum is saying it, you backtrack and play it off as a joke.  So as i said, you are either flaming and just trying to poke bears or you feel that way, and either way, its stale.