Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

4 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Metcalf would be nice for the 2022 season, but he is going into the last year of his rookie deal and could very well be looking at a $20-25M per year contract.  

I would prefer a FA addition and draft 1 WR in round 1 or 2, then a double dip in round 3-5 range.

Let's say that happens. Is that really a big deal? Say we give a 2 to Seattle for Metcalf. He balls for us for one year and puts up numbers that justify that $20m or so price tag. Worst case, we can either let him go and undoubtedly receive a 3rd round compensatory pick, or tag and trade him just like we did for Adams. Either way, if the worst case is that we can't extend him and he leaves, we are recouping most of our draft capital we lost. 

Edited by packfanfb

Just now, PossibleCabbage said:

Collin Cowherd is a deeply unserious person and one of those sports figures who makes their living basically by being an obtuse contrarian.   Basically anything he has to say I would put more stock in if it came from someone on here saying it.

Again - discounting the opinion - not based on the facts or arguments made in it - but from who's offering it.
I guess I'm not so insecure that I cant acknowledge and consider alternative viewpoints. Some may be right...others will be wrong....but if I actually dont consider them....who's the dummy?

Just now, packfanfb said:

Let's say that happens. Is that really a big deal? Say we give a 2 to Seattle for Metcalf. He balls for us for one year and puts up numbers that justify that $20m or so price tag. Worst case, we can either let him go and undoubted receive a 3rd round compensatory pick, or tag and trade him just like we did for Adams. Either way, if the worst case is that we can't extend him and he leaves, we are recouping most of our draft capital we lost. 

No way they take a 2 for him though

Just now, PackFan13 said:

He felt slighted by Green Bay not offering more initially while realizing warm weather and no income tax sounded pretty nice. That's a large sum of money saved over the life of that contract. 

No logic

**** DEVENTE EDEMS

Just now, deltarich87 said:

contract 

2022:  $10M base and $3.5M roster bonus (not sure when that is due)
2023:  $13.7M base
2024:  $13.7M base and $2M roster bonus
2025:  $15.5M base and $2M roster bonus

Not the contract I would want to trade for a player coming off an ACL injury and about to turn 30

• Like 2

Just now, deltarich87 said:

They've been discussing it for a while so they would have already known that this was possibly happening prior to Robinson signing earlier today.

Hard to seriously engage with anyone when the money isn't currently there. Though i get your point