Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

No way they take a 2 for him though

I mean, idk....depends on whether they plan to resign him. I guess they could do the same thing, tag and trade him, but otherwise, if they let him walk, they max out with a 3rd round comp pick. I don't think a 2nd rounder is out of the question. 

That’s some idiot logic from that guy.

If every kid is playing WR, it’s gonna be easier to find WRs and harder to find corners.

So… You invest less where the talent is plentiful than you do where the talent is lacking.

Idiot moron.

This, “Oh the Rams did it,” BS has got to stop.

What the Rams did won a Super Bowl at the expense of any future.

They also spent all of their ammunition on a QB, CB, veteran EDGE.

Kuop they drafted, Woods was an available pickup, Van Jefferson they drafted and OBJ they got for nothing.

And their offense played better in the Super Bowl when Woods and OBJ were both out.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

LOL.  You opinion's noted. He's actually well connected in the sports world though. How about you? You talk to a lot of GMs and Agents do ya?  In touch with a wide array of sports journalists? I love it when people who spit out countless opinions  on social media - jump all over somebody with notoriety when they state their - as if (for no known reason...) theirs is a lesser one. 

...you have watched Cowherd or Bayless, right? C'mon man. Both of their schticks have nothing to do with them being "connected". They're all about the outlandish takes for ratings/clicks/views. 

And this video...

-In this case he is using anecdotal evidence of him seeing kids playing *checks notes* 7 on 7 football.
-He talks about teams not being able to find cornerback talent and yet the Packers have two to three great to good CBs.
-He ponders why the Rams are adding Robinson (as if it's just to stack the deck) even though OBJ is unsigned and coming off a major injury, Woods is coming off of a major injury, and Van Jefferson has not taken that next step.
-He's also using an argument for good to very good WRs vs. elite CBs (as opposed to two good/very good CBs) which really isn't equivalent.
-Of the offenses he mentioned, I'd argue that only KC has two truly elite passing options (Kelce and Hill) whereas the rest have one elite option paired with secondary options ranging from very good to average. Or, in the case of the Bills, one elite option who couldn't get it going and one very good option that they took the entire season to figure out how to utilize but Josh Allen is a magician so it worked.

The Bengals might be close too.

Also, as others have mentioned, we've seen the Packers fail with a hilariously deep offensive unit. We saw an average defense for most of the year clamp down on the Rams and KC offenses and stop the Raiders (whatever you'd classify them as) and Titans runcentric build. And then their elite passing weapons couldn't get going because their OL allowed their QB to get eaten.

It takes balance. The Rams had it because, once those weapons went down, the defense was still deep.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

That’s some idiot logic from that guy.

If every kid is playing WR, it’s gonna be easier to find WRs and harder to find corners.

So… You invest less where the talent is plentiful than you do where the talent is lacking.

Idiot moron.

This, “Oh the Rams did it,” BS has got to stop.

What the Rams did won a Super Bowl at the expense of any future.

They also spent all of their ammunition on a QB, CB, veteran EDGE.

Kuop they drafted, Woods was an available pickup, Van Jefferson they drafted and OBJ they got for nothing.

And their offense played better in the Super Bowl when Woods and OBJ were both out.

Also:

• Like 1

I dont blame Adams for leaving even if the money was the same.  He got 5 years/28ish mill fom LV he gets to play with Carr for 5 years.

Why sign with Green Bay with Rodgers going year to year.  Spend years 3-5 with a unknown QB???? No thanks. 

I dont think it was that difficult of a decision for him to leave 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Striker said:

...you have watched Cowherd or Bayless, right? C'mon man. Both of their schticks have nothing to do with them being "connected". They're all about the outlandish takes for ratings/clicks/views. 

And this video...

-In this case he is using anecdotal evidence of him seeing kids playing *checks notes* 7 on 7 football.
-He talks about teams not being able to find cornerback talent and yet the Packers have two to three great to good CBs.
-He ponders why the Rams are adding Robinson (as if it's just to stack the deck) even though OBJ is unsigned and coming off a major injury, Woods is coming off of a major injury, and Van Jefferson has not taken that next step.
-He's also using an argument for good to very good WRs vs. elite CBs (as opposed to two good/very good CBs) which really isn't equivalent.
-Of the offenses he mentioned, I'd argue that only KC has two truly elite passing options (Kelce and Hill) whereas the rest have one elite option paired with secondary options ranging from very good to average. Or, in the case of the Bills, one elite option who couldn't get it going and one very good option that they took the entire season to figure out how to utilize but Josh Allen is a magician so it worked.

The Bengals might be close too.

I've commented fully about this already. Points noted. You have an argument with Cowherd - look him up on Twitter and let him know your thoughts.

1 minute ago, Green19 said:

Fun side note on all this… Bengals and Vikings, enjoy paying 28+ per for Jefferson and Chase in a few years.

If they are smart they will use them for all they are worth now and then tag and trade them when the time arrives.  Hopefully they aren't that smart.

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

I've commented fully about this already. Points noted. You have an argument with Cowherd - look him up on Twitter and let him know your thoughts.

If you're going to cite a ****ty source to support your argument, you should probably expect to get called out on how much the source sucks. You can certainly do better than Colin Cowherd.

Edited by Striker
  • Like 2

Gotta say, I would have never guessed that Davante's life long dream was to play for a franchise that's arguably been bottom 3 in the league the past 20 years and with the 4th best QB in his own division, rather than with one of the greatest quarterbacks ever on a contender