Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

Just now, Bullet Club said:

Probably right. Doesn't make it logical.

You can't chase every person available in free agency. Getting rid of Cobb will bring with is some dead money, an additional 2 million dollars. We don't have a ton of money at this point and won't have for the balance of this year. 

It absolutely makes it logical. 

Just now, Old Guy said:

You can't chase every person available in free agency. Getting rid of Cobb will bring with is some dead money, an additional 2 million dollars. We don't have a ton of money at this point and won't have for the balance of this year. 

It absolutely makes it logical. 

I wouldn't get rid of anyone, and I'm well aware you can't chase everyone. He'd still be our best slot next season.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

I wouldn't get rid of anyone, and I'm well aware you can't chase everyone. He'd still be our best slot next season.

You are then adding his money on top of Cobb and Rodgers for cap purposes. You think he's coming for free? There is a limited amount of money we can create for the 2022 cap year. We are almost tapped out. 

If you are going to get a WR, it has to be a boundary guy. Not sure why that is a difficult concept. 

Edited by Old Guy

Just now, Old Guy said:

You are then adding his money on top of Cobb and Rodgers. You think he's coming for free? There is a limited amount of money we can create for the 2022 cap year. We are almost tapped out. 

If you are going to get a WR, it has to be a boundary guy. Not sure why that is a difficult concept. 

This all started because someone questioned why anyone would want him when he'd clearly be our best slot. Then one laughable 'facts' post later you jumped in and changed the topic to we aren't going to sign him. I'd only want him for the vet min.

28 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Last year he played more games than Cobb has in six years and has more catches in each of the last two years than Cobb has had since 2014.

He didn't even break 700 snaps. Cobb played more snaps than that in 2019.

And Cobb sucks. Why do we want to add a third ****ty slot guy?

Beasley was AWFUL statistically last year.

• Didn't have a 30 yard completion.
  • Had a Y/Target < 7
  • Had a Y/Completion < 9
  • Had a 1st Down Conversion Rate below 50%
  • Scored ONE TD
  • Had a YAC/R < 4

Combine that "production" with being super undersized so he's trash on the boundary and can't block for ****, and he's going to be 33 years old, and that is a HORRIBLE player to spend money on. 

If you have to play an undersized guy in the slot, at least make it the young and cheap one. 

25 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

We have all the RB's we need. I'm a no thanks on that one. 

Patterson is a plus special teams player.

When was the last time we had one of those on our roster?

The best special teams player I can remember was Jeff Janis, who I believe got all-pro votes as a special teams player at one point in his career.

I’d sign Patterson.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Patterson is a plus special teams player.

When was the last time we had one of those on our roster?

The best special teams player I can remember was Jeff Janis, who I believe got all-pro votes as a special teams player at one point in his career.

I’d sign Patterson.

At what price?