Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

This year? Depends on how long his suspension is.

Does it though? Are we going to give up that much and then make excuses for him being rusty if he doesn't play well? I suspect if he lays an egg in the playoffs he will get some flack even from his biggest supporters.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

I suspect if he lays an egg in the playoffs he will get some flack even from his biggest supporters.

That is the stoney path that quarterbacks in NFL must walk.  You get all the credit when you win.  You get all the blame when you lose.  And if you really were the one who screwed it up for everyone else on the big stage of the playoffs, the rep takes an immediate hit and the offseason becomes long and uncomfortable.  Just ask Ryan Tannehill and Kyler Murray.  Then again, that's why they get paid the big bucks.😉

2 hours ago, mrpazzo said:

That is the stoney path that quarterbacks in NFL must walk.  You get all the credit when you win.  You get all the blame when you lose.  And if you really were the one who screwed it up for everyone else on the big stage of the playoffs, the rep takes an immediate hit and the offseason becomes long and uncomfortable.  Just ask Ryan Tannehill and Kyler Murray.  Then again, that's why they get paid the big bucks.😉

Just ask Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger who despite being 'elite' QBs, didnt win a single Super Bowl between them for an entire decade. But yeah, Im not going to hang a playoff loss over Watsons head after taking over mid-season from a 1.5 year absence.

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Watson, his play on the football field is not one of them. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Just ask Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers and Ben Roethlisberger who despite being 'elite' QBs, didnt win a single Super Bowl between them for an entire decade. But yeah, Im not going to hang a playoff loss over Watsons head after taking over mid-season from a 1.5 year absence.

There are a lot of reasons to dislike Watson, his play on the football field is not one of them. 

Wrong He is getting payed more than

Burrows, Mahomes, Brady, and Allen he needs to beat them all period.

It is not the defenses fault it is not Mayfields fault not the lines fault.

It is 100percent on a qb that has a 89 percent passer rating in the playoffs losses 2/3 of his games.

He has to beat them all or there are no excuses.

Excuses 1 he was off a year in a half

Why did you sign him?

The wide receiver they stink no excuse there better than what Mayfields played with.

The coaching Stefanski is the coach of the year.

No excuses 13 wins or he is a bust period. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DawgX said:

So... when the hell is Watson's suspension finally going to be announced?

It's pretty past ridiculous at this point.

Whether you want to watch Watson burn or watch him on the field, it's way past time for the judge to make her ruling.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

It's pretty past ridiculous at this point.

Whether you want to watch Watson burn or watch him on the field, it's way past time for the judge to make her ruling.

No idea what is taking THIS long to figure out either. Something tells me that they know there is going to be backlash, so they are putting plans in place on how to counter it for the 'public perception'. The damage control portion of this is taking longer than the actual decision.

It’s going to be a random Friday 4 PM news dump I’d imagine. At this point I think they are content kicking the can down the street making sure there is nothing else that comes out to make the NFL look even worse, if the suspension isn’t heavy-handed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NateDawg said:

It’s going to be a random Friday 4 PM news dump I’d imagine. At this point I think they are content kicking the can down the street making sure there is nothing else that comes out to make the NFL look even worse, if the suspension isn’t heavy-handed. 

While I'm not his biggest fan, this is so dumb. Just issue the suspension and then if more comes out make it know this can be extended. I mean it doesn't need to be public knowledge but it could be in the mediation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Might be in the minority, but I don’t want him running like this anymore. Yeah it’s exciting, but he’s getting paid 250 mil.

Also, I agree with Nate. The suspension will be a news dump.

If he doesn't run it isn't going to open up as many passing opportunities. Maybe he can handle it but that completion percentage will drop. He ends a lot of drives with getting sacked, 4 in that game. We are used to it with Baker last year but that is going to continue if our tackles don't step up.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Might be in the minority, but I don’t want him running like this anymore. Yeah it’s exciting, but he’s getting paid 250 mil.

Also, I agree with Nate. The suspension will be a news dump.

Why don't you show how he played against Cleveland in Cleveland when he got beat by 30 against Mahomes and Russell once again no excuses he beats them all period.

• Like 1