Lions sign LB Chris Board

Louis Friend

8 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

It's a 1 year deal per twitter, no money figure as of now.

TBH, I don't know much about him other than he played for the Ravens for 4 seasons. And Ravens fans that can give me a run down?

Great special teams player, decent backup LB. Reports said we offered him a comparable deal, but he was relegated to backup/special teams with us; looks like he'll be vying for a starting spot in Detroit. He's a solid backer who doesn't excel in any one thing. He was anointed as a future leader on special teams by some of our veterans, which speaks to his leadership abilities, but seems he wants more out of his career. Best of luck to him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Great special teams player, decent backup LB. Reports said we offered him a comparable deal, but he was relegated to backup/special teams with us; looks like he'll be vying for a starting spot in Detroit. He's a solid backer who doesn't excel in any one thing. He was anointed as a future leader on special teams by some of our veterans, which speaks to his leadership abilities, but seems he wants more out of his career. Best of luck to him.

It's interesting, I believe he was a college safety who converted to LB in the NFL. He has good athleticism, but his coverage instincts are a bit lacking relative to expectations given his background. Seemed like a player who's had potential to be more than just a reserve / core special teamer, but hasn't done it yet.

Decent player for right price.

• Like 1