DC Movie Universe

devils1854

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

The emancipation of Harley Quinn is one of the biggest storylines for Harley Quinn in the New 52 from a few years ago. It wasnt thrown it to be a joke like that. Its significant that she is no longer intertwined with Joker. 

It's a working title, Birds of Prey is more than likely the official title. No doubt that will be a major part of it.

2 hours ago, devils1854 said:

The emancipation of Harley Quinn is one of the biggest storylines for Harley Quinn in the New 52 from a few years ago. It wasnt thrown it to be a joke like that. Its significant that she is no longer intertwined with Joker. 

I might care if they actually had them together outside of Suicide Squad. Am I really suppose to care that she's solo when she was never really with him anyways?

Another win for DC.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I might care if they actually had them together outside of Suicide Squad. Am I really suppose to care that she's solo when she was never really with him anyways?

Another win for DC.

I guess you can’t please everyone.

Most people agreed that Harley was one of the best things about Suicide Squad and The Joker was one of the worst.

what does DC do? Put into production a movie that features Harley, and they distance themselves from that Joker portrayal.

I guess some people are going to complain just to complain.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 8:33 PM, devils1854 said:

I guess you can’t please everyone.

Most people agreed that Harley was one of the best things about Suicide Squad and The Joker was one of the worst.

what does DC do? Put into production a movie that features Harley, and they distance themselves from that Joker portrayal.

I guess some people are going to complain just to complain.

???

First off, being the best part of Suicide Squad is like being the prettiest girl at fat camp.

Secondly its not complaining just to complain.    BoP is likely going to be a massive flop because most people dont care about Harley Quinn as a stand alone character.   Harley Quinn is at her best WITH Joker.      The best way to distance themselves from that Joker is to completely redo him (and no, Im not talking about a movie that has not connectivity to the main universe).    

Bottom like, WB is still a joke and they have no clue what they are doing with their DC properties.  Shazam might be good because Levi is awesome and its a different type of movie.    Thats literally the only movie slated I have any faith in being better than average.     Joker could be really good I suppose, but its not part of the DCEU.

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

BoP is likely going to be a massive flop because most people dont care about Harley Quinn as a stand alone character. 

I don’t think you have your finger on the pulse of the Harley Quinn fandom like you think you do. 

She is a very popular character on her own, and that began when she ditched the Joker. And speaking of THIS Harley specifically, she is one of the most popular characters in ANY comic book movie this decade

Yes fans like the MCU way better than the DCEU, but when it comes to specific characters, most don’t even come close to Robbie’s Harley Quinn

Edited by StLunatic88

58 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don’t think you have your finger on the pulse of the Harley Quinn fandom like you think you do. 

She is a very popular character on her own, and that began when she ditched the Joker. And speaking of THIS Harley specifically, she is one of the most popular characters in ANY comic book movie this decade

Yes fans like the MCU way better than the DCEU, but when it comes to specific characters, most don’t even come close to Robbie’s Harley Quinn

Exactly. Regular people didnt know who Quinn was until Suicide Squad, and then she was everywhere. She is now a huge name in the lexicon of comic characters.

If you want to argue her comic popularity, then you would know that she has become huge. 

Linking in to Suicide Squad's popularity, one particular character stands out above the rest: Harley Quinn. Early in August, DC's co-publisher Jim Lee openly admitted that she's become the "fourth pillar" of DC's lineup - standing alongside comic book legends Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman!

This is evidently a winning strategy. Harley Quinn #1 was August 2016's best-selling book, while the second issue remained in the top ten (there's always a sizeable drop between first-and-second-issue sales, due to people being more likely to try out a first issue). Harley Quinn hasn't just held her own; she's flourishing!

#10: Harley Quinn #1

3 of 13

Released: August 2016
Publisher: DC
Unit sales: 359,957

Hot on the heels of a big cinematic debut in the critically maligned but fan approved Suicide Squad film, and bolstered by DC’s "Rebirth" initiative, Harley Quinn #1cracked the top ten single issues of the 21st century so far, beating out all other "Rebirth" titles. As a fan favorite, it’s no surprise that a new #1 coupled with her first movie appearance would appeal to fans hungry for a jumping on point to read Harley Quinn’s comic books. And that’s not all – Diamond Distributors, on whose sales charts Comichron’s numbers are based – adjusted its "Rebirth" entries by 10% to account for DC making the single issues returnable, meaning Harley Quinn #1may have actually shipped up to 390,000 units to retailers.

13 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Harley Quinn is at her best WITH Joker.

This hasnt been true in comic land since the beginning of the New 52 in 2011. Harley has been used much like Marvel uses Deadpool in the comics since then (but with less 4th wall breaking). She has never been more popular and a lot of that has to do with having the free range to not just be Joker's sidekick. A lot of people also mistakenly say that you can't separate the two because it takes too much creative liberties or something to that effect. Harley debuted canonically in the comics in 1999. She hasnt been at Joker's side since 2010. Thats 11 years as a sidekick and 8 years away from the clown prince of crime. 

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Among comic fans?   Yes, she is popular.

Im talking about casual fans.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

You tell them, Jason!  We want the Snyder Cut!

WB would have to throw like 30+ Million to get the Snyder cut done since the CG was probably never close to done. Lord knows it wasn't in the final cut.

Short of like Aquaman cracking like 850+ million it's not happening, Momoa doesn't have the leverage (yet)

26 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

WB would have to throw like 30+ Million to get the Snyder cut done since the CG was probably never close to done. Lord knows it wasn't in the final cut.

Short of like Aquaman cracking like 850+ million it's not happening, Momoa doesn't have the leverage (yet)

I only hold out some hope because the Donner Cut of Superman II was eventually released.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

If they released the Snyder cut in theaters,  they would more than likely recoup at least that if they released it at the right time.