DC Movie Universe

devils1854

11 hours ago, devils1854 said:

This is the supposed front runner right now

488950563.jpg

According to whom, exactly?

Dude is only 5'8 and dorky looking.    Better of as the Riddler or Mad Hatter.   Nowhere close to Batman material.  

Is anyone watching True Detective S3? Every time I watch Stephen Dorf as Roland West, I see an amazing Detective Gordon. Obviously won’t happen, but man now seeing that performance, I wish it could. 

But seeing “the dude from Blade” do that, I’m not going to pass judgement on any cast because we just don’t know. They’ve never completely whiffed on a Batman casting. Clooney was the worst, but I think that has a lot to do with the movie he was in. 

9 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

According to whom, exactly?

Dude is only 5'8 and dorky looking.    Better of as the Riddler or Mad Hatter.   Nowhere close to Batman material.  

Though the rumor emerged in October that Jack O’Connell of Starred Up and Unbroken fame was being eyed to replace Ben Affleck as the lead of The Batman, the idea was quickly cast into doubt by reports to the contrary, and with little evidence in recent months to back up the claim, most DC fans have since let the idea go.

Nonetheless, according to sources close to We Got This Covered, O’Connell is still the top choice for the title role in Matt Reeves’ film. While the casting has yet to be confirmed, it’s said that both Warner Bros. and Reeves think the actor’s right for the part, and if they don’t land O’Connell, they’re at least likely to go with someone aged 25-30. What’s more, it’s believed that whoever the studio ends up casting, the choice will be announced around May or June.

9 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Though the rumor emerged in October that Jack O’Connell of Starred Up and Unbroken fame was being eyed to replace Ben Affleck as the lead of The Batman, the idea was quickly cast into doubt by reports to the contrary, and with little evidence in recent months to back up the claim, most DC fans have since let the idea go.

Nonetheless, according to sources close to We Got This Covered, O’Connell is still the top choice for the title role in Matt Reeves’ film. While the casting has yet to be confirmed, it’s said that both Warner Bros. and Reeves think the actor’s right for the part, and if they don’t land O’Connell, they’re at least likely to go with someone aged 25-30. What’s more, it’s believed that whoever the studio ends up casting, the choice will be announced around May or June.

Thanks, but I hope its just a rumor.   IMO, that would be a horrid choice on the level of Jesse Eisenberg as Lex.

Just to be clear....I dont dislike OConnell as an actor....I just think its a terrible fit.

• Like 1

Do they really need to find a younger actor to replace Ben Affleck? I know they're going with a younger Bruce Wayne since it's a prequel, but they could always use de-aging technology for Batfleck, it worked wonders for SLJ in Captain Marvel

But this is WB, so of course they're gonna abandon their best actor. I don't blame him for wanting to back out at this point tbh. 

Edited by KManX89

6 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Not so fast. It looks like Jake Gyllenhaal is the front-runner to replace Ben Affleck as Batman.

Gyllenhaal would be a great choice IMO, certainly better-suited than O'Connell. He has the acting chops and could easily pass as a younger Batfleck, since this is a prequel. 

It would seem kinda odd having all the Spider-Man villains in the MCU so far be cast by former Batman actors. What next? George Clooney as Doc Ock in Spider-Man Homecoming 3? Bale as Norman Osborn/Green Goblin?

Edited by KManX89