DC Movie Universe

devils1854

4 minutes ago, August4th said:

Really not encouraged by some things there.  

Some of the writers they have really worry me.   

Superman was expected obviously.   Green Lantern and Booster Gold series could be really good.    Supergirl sounds like something that should come after the develop the universe a little.

Im guessing Batman is going to be older again if Damian is already Robin.    Nothing against that, I suppose, but wasnt expecting it, either.

The Wonder Woman prequel COULD be good, but again, seems like another project that should wait.

The other stuff is weird, and has a good chance of bombing.    Not saying they cant work....but it feels like another faulty approach to kicking off this universe.

I'll remain cautiously optimistic until we learn more, but I really question some of this stuff.

• Like 1

Interesting 

feels a bit like jumping ahead, but probably the right call. Them actually landing and following through on like a starting at the beginning universe was a tall task.

Will be a different take actually getting the bat family, but it’s odd to start with Damian.

But focusing on some culty characters make sense from a palette cleansing perspective, if they rolled out all the same characters the DCEU did it’d feel stale and kind of a slog to do it again but slower.

I’m just glad Reeves gets to continue what he’s doing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

I wouldve been alot more encouraged if it were a Batman/Jason Todd movie.

With Damian as Robin, Batman is going to have to be mid 40s already, at least.  

at least late 30s, yeah.

Feels like they skipped a nice part we’ve yet to see with Nightwing coming into his own, Batgirl, Tim Drake (who’s probably the best Robin, like in terms of the job and Bats being in the right place with him)

Curious if Titans are planned shortly after that.

Glad to see Swamp Thing getting a shoutout, love the supernatural side of both DC and Marvel. Both have barely scratched that side of their universe.

Marvel seems tepid about fully diving into it and doing it dark, so could be a nice lane for DC to really occupy in the larger CBM space.

Told you Batmans would be separate.

Still thought there was a strong chance Reeves’ Batman got cancelled.

Not a fan of Batman starting long enough for Robin to be around already. That’s super bummer for me, but it’ll give an opportunity for Batman to be more of a presence as the older grumpier Batman in interactions.

So Cavill is the only one who is out? Or are they still not saying anything about the other characters until the movies this year have released?

Because they "left the door open" for everyone else.

Edited by seminoles1