DC Movie Universe

devils1854

Nice.  The Batman does not look good at all.  I can just write off all of DC for the next ten years. 

How do they not learn the lesson of how quickly people will mock a superhero that looks emo?  Was that black stuff around his eyes remotely necessary? 

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Nice.  The Batman does not look good at all.  I can just write off all of DC for the next ten years. 

How do they not learn the lesson of how quickly people will mock a superhero that looks emo?  Was that black stuff around his eyes remotely necessary? 

I watched a different trailer I guess. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He only looks emo in that last shot, and who knows?   That shot may not even be in the movie.    There have been a ton of scenes that were in DC trailers that didnt ultimately make the final cut.   The movie isnt even halfway done yet.

Beyond that, that black eye paint is on every Batman ACTOR to hide the wide skin that would otherwise be visible.   It just isnt really acknowledged in most movies since when Batman usually takes off his mask, you dont see it.   Maybe this movie is acknowledging that Bruce Wayne actually wears that black eye paint under the cowl.  

1 minute ago, August4th said:

liked the catwoman look in the trailer

the fighting looks like a upgrade from the nolan films(not saying much tho)

We only got small snippets of the fighting.    

I doubt it will be quite as awesome as the Batman in BvS, but as you stated, it cant get much worse from the fight scenes in Nolan's Batman's (outside of a couple exceptions).

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m pumped for Pattinson. He’s talented and this is a huge opportunity to make the most of this. 

Only issue I still have is he still looks pretty scrawny.     Not a fan of that.    Batman is supposed to be a peak physical specimen.    BvS is the only movie that portrayed Batman as such.

The movie looks great, but I was hoping he would bulk up a bit more.     

Just now, 43M said:

He only looks emo in that last shot, and who knows?   That shot may not even be in the movie.    There have been a ton of scenes that were in DC trailers that didnt ultimately make the final cut.   The movie isnt even halfway done yet.

Beyond that, that black eye paint is on every Batman ACTOR to hide the wide skin that would otherwise be visible.   It just isnt really acknowledged in most movies since when Batman usually takes off his mask, you dont see it.   Maybe this movie is acknowledging that Bruce Wayne actually wears that black eye paint under the cowl.  

I won't harp on it.  Your points are valid.  Just looks kinda stupid. 

First, I don't like how it's set in the 90's.  Or whenever it's set.  I feel like that just limits them. 
Second, that line "I am vengeance," sounds like Nolan dialogue.  Felt cringey to me. 
Third, the cop who giggled something like, "This guy's crazy," didn't like that.

It felt like tonally they don't have anything.  Looks heavily 90's gritty thriller inspired.  Fincher inspired.  Yet they have that kind of dialogue in it.  Early clues that it's a mixed bag. 

Just did not get a good vibe from it.  Hopefully I'm wrong. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I won't harp on it.  Your points are valid.  Just looks kinda stupid. 

First, I don't like how it's set in the 90's.  Or whenever it's set.  I feel like that just limits them. 
Second, that line "I am vengeance," sounds like Nolan dialogue.  Felt cringey to me. 
Third, the cop who giggled something like, "This guy's crazy," didn't like that.

It felt like tonally they don't have anything.  Looks heavily 90's gritty thriller inspired.  Fincher inspired.  Yet they have that kind of dialogue in it.  Early clues that it's a mixed bag. 

Just did not get a good vibe from it.  Hopefully I'm wrong. 

I didnt have high hopes for it, but this did get me excited.

I do agree that "I am vengeance" line was cheesy as hell. but I did like his Batman voice.

The 90s setting...the only issue I have with it is its yet another obstacle in creating a connected universe.

I can only assume that they are gunning heavily towards the multiverse angle, and that they could potentially bring these characters together that way.

I personally just think its a convoluted mess.  

15 minutes ago, 43M said:

Only issue I still have is he still looks pretty scrawny.     Not a fan of that.    Batman is supposed to be a peak physical specimen.    BvS is the only movie that portrayed Batman as such.

The movie looks great, but I was hoping he would bulk up a bit more.     

Reeves said over and over that this is year two for Batman. We are assuming he's pretty young. Maybe they want a leaner Batman, or maybe his body isnt finished yet just like the home made suit and modified muscle car.

9 minutes ago, devils1854 said:

Reeves said over and over that this is year two for Batman. We are assuming he's pretty young. Maybe they want a leaner Batman, or maybe his body isnt finished yet just like the home made suit and modified muscle car.

I dont need him to be Herculean, but he just doesnt look superheroish.    

We havent seen much and it probably wont stop me from enjoying the rest of the movie...just wish he looked the part, more.  

Be good.  Be so good that WB gets their head out of their collective ***.

Build off of it.  Introduce Superman.  Aqua man.  Flash.  They could still make this right for me.  If Pattinson wants to be Batman for the next 30 years.  I just so want a connected universe with DC characters I can taste it.

I don’t even ****ing like Iron Man or Thor or even Captain America.  They’re all crap characters.

But Batman and Flash and Aquaman...  Not to mention the villains that are 10 times better than anything Marvel could dream of...