DC Movie Universe

devils1854

14 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

Do you think he’ll work with Hamada or have the final say on the projects? Something isn’t working, I’m glad they’ve brought someone in, who has a successful background.

Hamada was brought in to be the figure head I expect Johns will answer to him but since Johns is writing, producing and is familiar with most of the characters he'll still have a big role. Hopefully him and Hamada can actually fix D.C movies reputation.

If Hamada has a strong passion for and  intimate knowledge the DC characters and properties....I am happy about this.       If not, I doubt much will change outside of maybe a tonal shift.....which is needed, but thats not going to fix whats wrong.

How many half measures is WB going to take before they concede defeat and stop making these movies long enough (3 years) to start over again? 

Every DC movie is a rental at best for me until they officially start it over.  Except Batman, I'll definitely see that one and try my best to disassociate it from the rest. 

I'm assuming the idea is for Hamada to outline and maintain a cohesive universe of all the stand alones and JL films. Right now, it's a mess and I can't see them making it an even bigger mess. I'd hope he has a passion for what DC is all about, I guess I don't see him taking the job if he didn't.

5 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

How many half measures is WB going to take before they concede defeat and stop making these movies long enough (3 years) to start over again? 

Regardless of how we feel about the path they should take, now that they have a Hit with the Wonder Woman character (and basically an Idol to little girls) this iteration of the Universe isnt going anywhere.

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Regardless of how we feel about the path they should take, now that they have a Hit with the Wonder Woman character (and basically an Idol to little girls) this iteration of the Universe isnt going anywhere.

Really not true, especially considering Wonder Woman director is hinting that the sequel won't have anything to do with the universe. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

Really not true, especially considering Wonder Woman director is hinting that the sequel won't have anything to do with the universe. 

You honestly think that they are going to continue a Gal Gadot lead Wonder Woman series of films, and then completely ignore her in a new rebooted Universe at the same time? Guess again

The first WW didnt have anything to do with this universe, but her character still does. So until we have a DIFFERENT Wonder Woman, this is the Justice League we are getting.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

You honestly think that they are going to continue a Gal Gadot lead Wonder Woman series of films, and then completely ignore her in a new rebooted Universe at the same time? Guess again

No, no, no, no.  I don't think that.  That would be crazy.  I think she's one of the few aspects  that will stay the same.  I'm still on the Flashpoint thing here is all.  Gal is definitely Wonder Woman.  Still think they need to cease and desist until The Flash movie resets everything. 

2 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

No, no, no, no.  I don't think that.  That would be crazy.  I think she's one of the few aspects  that will stay the same.  I'm still on the Flashpoint thing here is all.  Gal is definitely Wonder Woman.  Still think they need to cease and desist until The Flash movie resets everything. 

I agree with that, but that is not what you said;

"concede defeat and stop making these movies long enough (3 years) to start over again?"

They arent going to lay off making these films for 3 years. The Flashpoint movie is likely coming out in 2020 as it is. They already have Aquaman in the can, they will put that out this year regardless. Shazam! is about to start actual production, ans is on track for early 2019. And the WW sequel is planned to come out in the same year. They are still trying to make money, and sitting an entire film universe on the sidelines for 3 years is not the way to do that.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I agree with that, but that is not what you said;

"concede defeat and stop making these movies long enough (3 years) to start over again?"

They arent going to lay off making these films for 3 years. The Flashpoint movie is likely coming out in 2020 as it is. They already have Aquaman in the can, they will put that out this year regardless. Shazam! is about to start actual production, ans is on track for early 2019. And the WW sequel is planned to come out in the same year. They are still trying to make money, and sitting an entire film universe on the sidelines for 3 years is not the way to do that.

I basically meant just stop production on all movies until Flashpoint is out. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I basically meant just stop production on all movies until Flashpoint is out. 

But at this point, it would just be halting Shazam. Aquaman is coming, its already done. And Wonder Woman is their only guarenteed cash cow, so that sequel is also coming regardless. What does one potentially throw away movie hurt? Especially for a charachter that you dont ever have to wrap into the DC Film Universe if you dont want to, but if he is a hit, he acts a a buoy, and shows that other characters can be good too.

Also, you cant just wait and see what happens with Flashpoint. They have to have production going on all follow up films while you are making Flashpoint. If it is a success and resets the Universe, you have to be ready to capitalize quickly. You cant wait another 2+ years for production time afterword. And if its another failure, just drop what is in production then...

I think this is the biggest reason we havent ever gotten dates for the first of the Reeves Batman trilogy, they are trying to see if that Batman story will be part of this Universe, or if it will kick off the next one (same with why we havent gotten anything on a MoS2)

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

They have to have production going on all follow up films while you are making Flashpoint. If it is a success and resets the Universe, you have to be ready to capitalize quickly. You cant wait another 2+ years for production time afterword.

You know what pre-production is, right?