DC Movie Universe

devils1854

7 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Finally watched Justice League. I went in expecting complete crap so it was surprisingly almost decent. Definitely better than BvS, even the extended cut.

I thought the stuff with Flash was decent. Him running around checking out the Bat Cave and sitting in the Batmobile was pretty good. A little too much humor overall but it worked.

I agree with StLunatic on Aquaman. He isn't king yet, so I get the vibe that was being put off. I kind of wish they would've done one solo film first but not make him king until the 2nd solo film after JL.

Wonder Woman was good. Nice development with her.

Cyborg was ok. Definitely not deserving of a solo film. The CGI wasn't great but it was WAY better than the original trailer and also Steppenwolf.

Steppenwolf was bad. Just, bad.

DC is going too big, too soon. I want to see more local/Earth bound threats that aren't trying to destroy the world. Give me Deathstroke, Metallo, Riddler, Penguin or someone. They should not being starting the Legion of Doom as the post credits scene suggested. Introduce some of those villains first in one movie, have them get put in jail or ARGUS prison. Then in another movie, they get broken out/recruited and join with those who got them out. Give us some backstory that isn't rushed or forced for poops sake.

I still HATE that there's 20 years of Batman (and others) that we don't know about, yet is referenced... Wind up penguins, dead Robin, is it Jason Todd, etc. Explore that ish in these movies.

6.5/10

Still think they could pull the Legion of Doom by introducing the villains in the solo movies, then having them recruited by Lex near the end.  The villain approach used by Nick Fury.  Wiig as Cheetah might be one of the first steps beyond Deathstroke.  Black Manta is in Aquaman, right?

9 hours ago, Acgott said:

hi, you are my prisoner, is that right? umm, hi. im the cheetah, haha. see, look at my stripes. wanna see me run fast, haha. yeah....really fast right here.....hmmm...so i have this red whip thing...that..looks..like a squid. thats funny. why do i have a squid, haha. you like my hair, you like my hair? i take after my grandpa you know. he had hair like a carrot top. Not literally you know. A carrot top is green, haha. more like the performer Carrot top. i see you are chained up, so im going to whip you with my tail...phew, phew, phew. i bet that hurt. well, im going to do some evil stuff now...real evil. dont go anywhere, haha

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MathMan said:

hi, you are my prisoner, is that right? umm, hi. im the cheetah, haha. see, look at my stripes. wanna see me run fast, haha. yeah....really fast right here.....hmmm...so i have this red whip thing...that..looks..like a squid. thats funny. why do i have a squid, haha. you like my hair, you like my hair? i take after my grandpa you know. he had hair like a carrot top. Not literally you know. A carrot top is green, haha. more like the performer Carrot top. i see you are chained up, so im going to whip you with my tail...phew, phew, phew. i bet that hurt. well, im going to do some evil stuff now...real evil. dont go anywhere, haha

I was going to attempt to do something like this.  Now I don't have to.  This is absolutely perfect. 

I was going to say that if there was ever a major superhero movie spoof, Wiig would be hilarious.  I'm not even saying Wiig can't act because she can act, and she can even do drama, but everything with her is that deadpan, socially awkward delivery.  She does it really well, but that's all she does.  in drama and comedy.  I just don't see how it's possibly going to work in this. 

• 2 weeks later...

Costume looks fine and it will probably look better with whatever they do in the CGI department provided they don't re-shoot the entire movie and rush the CG....again. 

Looks comic accurate but it also looks kind of cheap? I don't know how to describe it.

On 3/1/2018 at 9:17 AM, HorizontoZenith said:

I was going to attempt to do something like this.  Now I don't have to.  This is absolutely perfect. 

I was going to say that if there was ever a major superhero movie spoof, Wiig would be hilarious.  I'm not even saying Wiig can't act because she can act, and she can even do drama, but everything with her is that deadpan, socially awkward delivery.  She does it really well, but that's all she does.  in drama and comedy.  I just don't see how it's possibly going to work in this. 

No kidding.

Yeah, they proved everyone wrong with Gadot's casting as WW, but I just don't see how it's gonna work this time.

4 hours ago, OleXmad said:

Costume looks fine and it will probably look better with whatever they do in the CGI department provided they don't re-shoot the entire movie and rush the CG....again. 

Looks comic accurate but it also looks kind of cheap? I don't know how to describe it.

Looks like they bought a costume off a guy on Hollywood Blvd.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Looks like they bought a costume off a guy on Hollywood Blvd.

This, it looks exactly like something a cosplayer would wear. I mean say what you want about D.C's movies so far but their outfits have all been pretty good, save for Cyborg but he's all CGI.

The fact that Shazam is even being made at this point is exactly why I have zero faith in the DCEU.

I dont even care about the costume....even though it looks laughably cheap.   

I honestly believe that the studio heads at WB think the movie going audience, in general, are idiots, and that they can just throw whatever nonsense comic book stuff on screen and people will eat it up. 

They have seemingly no interest in making an interesting, cohesive universe with characters and stories people care about.  After all, look at how poorly that strategy has worked for Marvel....

mrw-someone-finds-out-im-colorblind-and-

Or maybe WB is just hell bent on doing everything different than Marvel.....even things that they shouldnt be doing differently.  

I'll cut them a little slack with set photos of the costume.  The set photos of Cumberbatch in costume as Dr Strange looked bad and it turned out fine in the final edit. 

That said, I really have no interest in the Shazam movie, and I loved Levi in Chuck.

• Like 3