DC Movie Universe

devils1854

On 4/29/2018 at 12:24 AM, ohiogenius said:

Just came back from Infinity War.

I think DC just needs to pack it in for a few years

Yea, good thing we never made another War Film after Cassablanca, or Apocolypse Now, or Shindlers List or Saving Private Ryan, or...

You dont just stop doing things because someone else has done it better. You could have made the same argument the other way during the Nolan Films. 

The issue has a much more root cause for DC movies than the final product. Its how the Studio is running this entire process. They never trusted anyone to be the Feige for them, therefore they never had a coherent narrative throughout. (which is why the Stand Alones have been the best products; Mos/WW)

Edited by StLunatic88
  • Like 1

How does pack it in for a short time period equate to never making another movie?

DC didnt really have a huge issue with vision. The issue they had is crappy writing and Zach Synder not realizing movies can have things for the hardcore fans without having to break the flow of story telling.

Ive seen BvS, BvS extended cut and honestly 2 scenes and not making Lex a spazy, socially stunted man child along with taking out some scenes in the cinematic version and replacing it with the scenes from the extended directors cut would've made that movie great.

MoS had one that unnecessary 7-11/I-HOP fight scene, choppy narration with the time jumps and piss poor dialogue.

26 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Yea, good thing we never made another War Film after Cassablanca, or Apocolypse Now, or Shindlers List or Saving Private Ryan, or...

You dont just stop doing things because someone else has done it better. You could have made the same argument the other way during the Nolan Films. 

The issue has a much more root cause for DC movies than the final product. Its how the Studio is running this entire process. They never trusted anyone to be the Feige for them, therefore they never had a coherent narrative throughout. (which is why the Stand Alones have been the best products; Mos/WW)

They didn’t have a Feige-level guy.   But they put almost all their eggs in the Zach Snyder basket.  And it came out pretty rotten.   BvS director’s cut better for sure.  But Snyder just doesn’t know how to tell a nuanced and layered story. Visually powerful?  Yes.  Complex story weaving?   Not so much.  

Edited by Broncofan

7 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Ive seen BvS, BvS extended cut and honestly 2 scenes and not making Lex a spazy, socially stunted man child along with taking out some scenes in the cinematic version and replacing it with the scenes from the extended directors cut would've made that movie great.

That, and take Doomsday out of the movie altogether. 

DC is starting a digital streaming service because they want to copy every single person who ever had success doing something, but they don't want to take the time to do it correctly, so we're about to have a lot more crap DC productions, and we really just need to revolt and swear off all these subpar products until people get fired and they start it over.

I really wish Wonder Woman tanked just because its success emboldened whoever is behind the decision making at DC.  Do they honestly believe they can salvage ANYTHING at this point? 

6 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

DC is starting a digital streaming service because they want to copy every single person who ever had success doing something, but they don't want to take the time to do it correctly, so we're about to have a lot more crap DC productions, and we really just need to revolt and swear off all these subpar products until people get fired and they start it over.

Their killing it in the comic game right now. 

I think the streaming service has a good shot at doing alright. Titans obviously looks terrible but James Wan doing Swamp Thing, bringing back Young Justice, the adult animated Harley (sounds bad but she's crazy popular) and supposedly bringing over every animated/live action series they've done up until now will give them a ton of content to lean on while they develop more the right way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I think the streaming service has a good shot at doing alright. Titans obviously looks terrible but James Wan doing Swamp Thing, bringing back Young Justice, the adult animated Harley (sounds bad but she's crazy popular) and supposedly bringing over every animated/live action series they've done up until now will give them a ton of content to lean on while they develop more the right way.

I've seen people say Titans look terrible and all we have to go off of is set photos for every character except Robin/Nightwing and Hawk/Dove. 

Robin's outfit looks fantastic and Hawk and Dove's look fine until we have official looks at the rest I'd say reserve your judgement.

Can't wait for YJ though.

10 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That, and take Doomsday out of the movie altogether. 

I thought it was a good way to get them to team up. I understand it was a quick use of a big villain but I actually didnt mind it.

9 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I really wish Wonder Woman tanked just because its success emboldened whoever is behind the decision making at DC.  Do they honestly believe they can salvage ANYTHING at this point? 

CAN they?   Yes. 

WILL they?   Outlook is bleak. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I've seen people say Titans look terrible and all we have to go off of is set photos for every character except Robin/Nightwing and Hawk/Dove. 

Robin's outfit looks fantastic and Hawk and Dove's look fine until we have official looks at the rest I'd say reserve your judgement.

Can't wait for YJ though.

Because Starfire looks like a 2 cent hooker

Edited by Bullet Club

20 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Because Starfire looks like a 2 cent hooker

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I bet shes worth every penny though.

I have no further comment but again we haven't seen an official costume photo yet.

14 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

I thought it was a good way to get them to team up. I understand it was a quick use of a big villain but I actually didnt mind it.

In terms of being a villain I don't have a problem with them using Doomsday per se, the major error was going to the "Death of Superman" arc waaaaaaaaay too early.  Doomsday isn't really all that compelling outside of being the guy that "kills" Superman.  If they would have had him "born" in BvS and defeated, then brought back in something like MoS2, it would have worked a lot better in my opinion.