2022 MLB Discussion/Game Day Thread

beekay414

23 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

People actually thought Blue Jays were better than Yankees at beginning of season... what a joke

Lol everyone and their mother thought the Jays were going to smoke everyone. Yanks are hot. Not a joke by any means. Lets see if they can stay consistent and healthy. They would've won 4 championships by now if the World Series was played in June or July but it's not.

lets see how long the home runs and their health lasts. If their rotation stays healthy and Kermit Cole doesn't crap his pants in the playoffs or in Fenway if he goes there. 

1 hour ago, BullsandBroncos said:

Lol everyone and their mother thought the Jays were going to smoke everyone. Yanks are hot. Not a joke by any means. Lets see if they can stay consistent and healthy. They would've won 4 championships by now if the World Series was played in June or July but it's not.

lets see how long the home runs and their health lasts. If their rotation stays healthy and Kermit Cole doesn't crap his pants in the playoffs or in Fenway if he goes there. 

It’s much more their pitching than the homers. The staff has been effing stupid good 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

It’s much more their pitching than the homers. The staff has been effing stupid good 

Of Course, but it's also a matter of staying consistent with that as well. I'm not saying they can't. Just saying it's a long season and sometimes things come and they go.

On 6/16/2022 at 11:34 AM, CWood21 said:

No kidding.  He has to be a consensus top 10 prospect right now, right?

Seemingly the entire preseason top 15 or so has lost, or will lose shortly, their prospect status.  It's a good bet that Walker is right there in the discussion.  He isn't going to provide any defensive value at all, so it puts a lot of pressure on the bat to produce.  But that's a good bet to make.  His bat looks ridiculous.

On 6/18/2022 at 5:08 PM, KhanYouDigIt said:

Cubs own us

I wish I would have been able to place a bet on the Friday game before it happened.  14 game win streak for Braves meets 10 game losing streak for Cubs.  Baseball ALWAYS has the unexpected happen.

4 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Mark Appel making his debut tonight after being the #1 overall pick 9 years ago. Most of the consensus here was that he was going to bust (I don't think anyone imagined this hard), but still a cool story.

i remember way back when i was probably the only one on this site high on him.