Justice League

Acgott

4 hours ago, Bullet Club said:

Didn't Whedon have a ridiculously sexualized Wonder Woman script he wrote that got turned down?

Yes he did.  

Based on trailers I'm excited for Flash most of all.  I don't know if Aquaman will be as stoic and kingly as I prefer.  I hope they also bring in Cyborg's intelligence into the story as that's a huge part of his character.  

And I hope we don't see Lex Luthor as that may be my most hated villain casting choice in any movie ever.  Worst part of the DCEU by far.  

12 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

By the way. They did 2 post credit scenes. The first is just a fun nod to nerd debate. But the second, some of you are really not going to like. I actually loved it, but it is an obvious indication that we will be moving forward with more of this same universe. 

Just saw it, and it was great for what I want out of a superhero movie.... To be entertained.  Thought it did well enough for getting scrunched into two hours.  

And since  I brought up that exact scenario for future films in the old forum when people discussed JL2, I loved the last post credit scene.  It could play out in the solo movies then come to a head in JL2 if the direction works.

Enjoyed this about 100x more than bvs, not saying a lot....but It was a good watch. I enjoyed it for what it was

I didnt like this version of flash and i still hate eisenberg as luthor.

And Gal Gadot is so hnnnnnnnng.

This universe is underachieving big time tho. 

Absolutely loved it. There were some problems. It was a bit clunky, Steppenwolf was meh, and the CGI was bad, but man, it was fun.

They got every single character right.

• Superman was the Superman we have been wanting and waiting for
  • Wonder Woman has been the best character in all DC movies, and it continues here.
  • Flash is going to get the biggest bump for the movie. Stole every scene he was in.
  • Aquaman. Didnt love him as much as others, but I see what they want out of him, and it going to be good.
  • Cyborg was the weakest character, but Ive never really been a fan. Doesnt need his own movie, but can be a good side character.
  • Batman. Dossier.....thats all you really needed to know. I did like how the pretty much showed he was useless compared to the other members.

I honestly dont get the absolute hate for the movie. Its better than over half of the stuff that Marvel puts out. Its no Winter Soldier, but it puts movies like Ultron to shame.

Spoilers about the post credit scene.

That might be my favorite post credit scene ever. If they still have plans for it, the Injustice League could be amazing. Deathstroke looked amazing with and without the mask on. Manganiello looked perfect. You can tell it will be a new 52 League if they put it together. Luthor, Deathstroke, Joker, Black Adam, Black Manta have all been in the universe or will be soon, and then you have Catwoman, Captain Cold, and Sinestro.

I actually walked away thinking it seemed better than the RT score indicates. It’s not a great film at all but it does hit high notes especially the groups camaraderie and action sequences.

Pros: WW is once again the best character, although they did not do her justice with the mutiple butt shots. I really liked Flash and his much needed comedy relief. Dat speed force doe, amazing to see. I also really liked Aquaman and that scene with WW’s lasso had me dying. The change in tone was much needed and you can really tell the heroes play off each other well. Really thought there were some amazing action scenes particularly with the amazons v steppenwolf.

Cons: You can definitely tell each director’s influence and the pacing was bad in the beginning. The CGI was not that great during some parts which is killer imo. Steppenwolf was really lame to me and never felt threatened by him or the parademoms. Clark’s CGI lips, I couldn’t stop looking at them!! I wasn’t too into cyborg because I just didn’t like how he looked and the CGI seemed off at times but I didn’t mind the character. I’m just not feeling Batfleck. 

Overall, I can see why people would not particularly care for this movie but I enjoyed it for what it was which was an action movie. It is definitely better than BvS and SS. I still think WW and MoS are better movies. I’m really looking forward to Wan’s Aquaman!

4 minutes ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

Still confused by the strength of WW compared to the rest of the amazons. She seems to be able to take these big blows like nothing while the rest of them just drop like flys who don't seem to know how to fight?

Her father is Zeus. So she is Hercules powerful.

The rest are just normal births?? Maybe they scissor to get each other pregnant?

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

So all that conversation about the Alfred scene and who it was and they never showed it.

Whedon cut out a lot of unnecessary crap, and plus WB did mandate a 2 hour run time.

Everything with Lex in the story was cut out. They cut out the intro to Iris West, and I believe the cut out a scene introducing Batgirl or someone else.

Snyder left a convoluted mess.

1 hour ago, O'Doyle Rules said:

So all that conversation about the Alfred scene and who it was and they never showed it.

Yea that was the one scene out of the entire movie I was waiting for.

This was actually a very enjoyable movie. This is what can revive the DC Universe. I would prefered a bigger fightscene between everyone. But they did somewhat do Superman justice in regards to his powers. The comics have just gotten dumb where basically everyone can stand toe to toe with him. Him not even being phased by their attacks at the moment is exactly how the powerscale should play. He alone should account for the bulk of the power of the Justice League, its how it always should have been. 

Ben Affleck I do hope sticks with Batman. He's been able to live up to the moniker so far. Gal Gadot has been terrific. Cyborg was much better then I expected him to be and he tied in with the movie well. Flash I think they were trying to push their own DC version of Quicksilver. And personally I prefer Marvels version, lastly Jason Momoa did a good job as Aquaman.

Best thing about this movie was the chemistry. All the actors blended so well together, but the best scene of the movie by far was Flash trying to get behind Clark only to see his eyes following him. I literally LOL'd.

Archived