Anonymous Giants player: "Mcadoo has lost the team"

minutemancl

Josina Anderson had a piece just recently, that im sure will be on the internet soon, about how Mcadoo has lost the Giants team. Here's a short synopsis:

And apparently there is more to come. 

We all knew it, but for a Giants player to come out and confirm it is pretty substantial. I don't see how he could still be in New York when the season finishes. My money is on Eli Apple as to who is the anonymous player. 

Video: http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21341767

Does it shock anyone that McAdoo is not succeeding despite being from the Mike McCarthy coaching tree in Green Bay?

It shouldn't.

Remember Joe Philbin? He did nothing in Miami for 3+ years and then the Dolphins players started announcing he too had lost the team.

It is almost like the staff in GB may not be all that great and the source of the Packers' success is instead directly attributable to having the best, or at least 2nd best, QB in the game the past 8 years or so.

Given McCarthy's record is 2-6-1 in games when Rodgers is out with an injury (2-8-1 if you count the 2 games Rodgers went out with injury with the games still 0-0) since 2013, I think NFL teams would be wise to steer clear of hiring any more Packer assistants any time soon.

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyThing said:

Does it shock anyone that McAdoo is not succeeding despite being from the Mike McCarthy coaching tree in Green Bay?

It shouldn't.

Remember Joe Philbin? He did nothing in Miami for 3+ years and then the Dolphins players started announcing he too had lost the team.

It is almost like the staff in GB may not be all that great and the source of the Packers' success is instead directly attributable to having the best, or at least 2nd best, QB in the game the past 8 years or so.

Given McCarthy's record is 2-6-1 in games when Rodgers is out with an injury (2-8-1 if you count the 2 games Rodgers went out with injury with the games still 0-0) since 2013, I think NFL teams would be wise to steer clear of hiring any more Packer assistants any time soon.

I agree. Although just about every team is gonna be worse without their starting QB, no matter what his caliber, Rodgers masks a lot of problems about the whole offensive system McCarthy runs. Its the same system Mcadoo runs that has only been successful in New York when Odell puts the whole team on his back, like Rodgers does but from a different position. 

When you're winning you can get away with stuff like this. When you lose there is always a risk of alienating your players. And to be honest Coughlin had these problems and he changed.

EDIT: Just seen the video, now you see why blaming McAdoo for everything is unfair. Defense has gone away for what was previously successful. That's on Spags, not McAdoo. 

6 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

It shouldn't.

It's like a broken record. But one that gets stuck on the most annoying part of the worst song.

10 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Does anybody expect this guy to last beyond the season at this point?

I don’t. 

Whether anyone believes the anonymous quotes or not is up to them, but this much is known: the offense has regressed since he’s become HC.

That shouldn’t happen to a coordinator’s bread and butter. Zimmer is a strong example of a good coordinator that got to a team, and at the very least, did what we knew he was capable of. McAdoo on the other hand has made the offense worse than it was. Guy should be gone based on that alone, even if you could get past his apparent lack of leadership or coaching acumen.

Archived