Eagles Forum Mock Drafts ~ 2022 ~

Kiltman

I just finished a GM mock draft in the GM mock draft forum. Here is how it went.

1.15- Andrew Booth Jr. CB Clemson

booth-1641782904.jpg?crop=0.865xw:1.00xh

The Eagles need a starting outside CB more than anything in this draft. I will stand by that. Booth has the size, strength and ball skills to be the present and the future at the CB spot.

TRADE- Eagles trade 18 and 162 to the Chiefs for 29 and 59

The Chiefs trade up for Chris Olave

TRADE- Eagles trade 29 and 101 to the Cardinals for 23

1.23- Treylon Burks WR Arkansas

6e48d720-98b6-11ec-afce-5c91074f50fd

I saw Burks dropping and figured, I'd toss a 4th at the Cards to snipe the Cowboys. Burks' size, strength and versatility would be a perfect compliment to Devonta and Quez

TRADE- Eagles trade 51 and 124 for 47

2.47- Lewis Cine S Georgia

031b7f01fc214328a386b05b47a4fcce.jpg?w=1

I saw another player of great value that the Eagles needed dropping, so I didn't wait around. Cine is the tone setter on the back end the Eagles have desperately lacked since Malcolm.

2.59 Sam Williams EDGE Ole Miss

0124_090719_Arkansas_FB_2822_Cropped.jpg

I really kind of like the 2nd-3rd round EDGE talent in this draft if you miss out on the top group. Trading back and getting a pick in this slot really worked. Williams is a high upside player that doesn't have to have a huge role in year 1 but could be the future EDGE 2 next to Sweat

3.83- Darrian Beavers LB Cincinnati

96Gi3A3o_400x400.jpg

An athletic offball LB to add more depth and athleticism to the group

5.154- Thomas Booker DT Stanford

1343465086.jpeg?resize=640,832&ssl=1

A smaller, quicker gap shooting DT to provide depth and youth to an aging group.

5.162- Pierre Strong RB SDSU

USATSI_16049254.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

One of my favorite later round prospects in this class. With Miles' future in doubt, it's not a bad idea to take a late round pick and see what he can develop into. I think Strong could come right it and take over Jordan Howard's role but with more upside.

7.237- Austin Allen TE Nebraska

1235922874-850x560.jpeg

Take a gamble on the 6'8 TE that catches everything

• Like 1

15. Derek Stingley Jr. CB LSU

20. Drake London WR USC

51. Travis Jones DT Connecticut

83. Sam Williams EDGE Mississippi

84. Isaiah Likely TE Coastal Carolina

104. Darrian Beavers LB Cincinnati

127. Khalil Shakir WR Boise State

154. Matt Araiza P San Diego State

158. Thayer Munford OG Ohio State

162. Pierre Strong Jr. RB South Dakota State

166. Josh Paschal EDGE Kentucky

2023 LAR 5th

Only other WR left at #20 was  Watson/Dotson, wasn't taking them. Couple trade downs.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I usually go PFF and toggle it closer to fans ratings

Fun to shake things up, also I really like the implementation they have for how trades work. I don't get why they hate on Jermaine Johnson so much though.

VjfbffX.png

BXp4ETH.png

• Like 1

mock ver.whatever

The one where we trade Dillard to move up
mQiF0dh.jpg

Dillard trade: meant to add a 5th next year, but the basics are there. Howie gets his higher valuation for Dillard and makes a super cheap jump up.

1 - CB Sauce Gardner: He’s awesome and the one corner you can feel great about. Can take a year to be a great #2 as he gets up to NFL pace, then take over from Slay as the top guy and tone setter for the D.

Packers trade: get the luxury of being sellers and get another round 2 pick.

1 - DB Dax Hill: wideouts and edges gone, Howie goes with the versatile Safety that pops on tape. Between him and Sauce the DBs get the youth movement they’ve sorely needed and get two young potential stars to lead the defense.

2 - DE Cam Thomas: Tough, strong edge to add the much needed young piece to sure things up more. Big enough to potentially bump in and adds our 3rd competitive dude  in the mold I’m sure Nick will push for.

2 - WR Alec Pierce: Higher on him than a lot of these ranking sites. Tall fast wideout who snatches the ball. Willing to bet on that at the end of round 2. Stat that’s been circulating this year; average pick for a star wideout is in the 40s, of all these day 2 players… I think Pierce has that ability.

3 - OL Zach Tom: Athletic, versatile guard that Stout can work with. Helps bolster things in there no matter which way it goes the next couple of years.

4 - RB Kyren Williams: one of the day 3 potential starter types. Was a ton on them so got that 4th guy to pair with Miles, Kenny and Boston. If he pops he helps the transition and potentially can move Miles for something. Bit of a BPA at the time with no LBs to check the need. DT with upside would be an option too.

5 - TE James Mitchell: Tightend with upside to add behind Goedert. 

5 - WR Bo Melton: upside wideout to help kick off some guys that don’t seem to be getting better (JJAW, Reagor, Ward). Reagor will be a camp flip, hopefully for a LB (Keneth Murray? Chargers could use more speed types and he’s also been disappointing.

7 - P Jordan Stout: No lotto tickets I could think of, take one of the Punters this draft that have big potential. Instead of Araiza who went two rounds earlier, they go Stout in the 7th.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I just hate how ridiculous the trade mechanic is on PFN. 
I like how on PFF you can add players to trades.

I really hate how none of the mock machines have QBs go anywhere near top 20, IMO it really throws off the draft mechanic. 

Right now I feel like we'll see 1 in the top 10. And another one in the top 20. But not anymore than that in the first round unless it's like Detroit at 32