Eagles Forum Mock Drafts ~ 2022 ~

Kiltman

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Quay might go round 1. 

George Pickens who I added to my 51 pick (I did I say I don’t know if he’ll be there) is also on the list. Quay actually might go higher than him since he doesn’t come with the previous serious injury or the maturity concerns.

I also really like Tindall from UGA would take him in the third if we don't get a linebacker in the second 

Taking a linebacker in the first round is not a prudent decision at all. Especially, if you look at recent history of players selected there. Taking a linebacker first round is pretty much akin to taking a running back first round. Good teams focus on the trenches. I know that's "boring" to some of you but that's how you win games.

2 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Taking a linebacker in the first round is not a prudent decision at all. Especially, if you look at recent history of players selected there. Taking a linebacker first round is pretty much akin to taking a running back first round. Good teams focus on the trenches. I know that's "boring" to some of you but that's how you win games.

Spending 20 years with that exact mindset is why LB has been the biggest singular crutch on Defense! for the Philadelphia Eagles over that span. 

If the Eagles don't take Lloyd/Dean at #18 I'm 100% Positive whichever one is available will be a Patriot at 21. Which should scream volumes.

Edited by Nabbs4u

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Spending 20 years with that exact mindset is why LB has been the biggest singular crutch on Defense! for the Philadelphia Eagles over that span. 

If the Eagles don't take Lloyd/Dean at #18 I'm 100% Positive whichever one is available will be a Patriot at 21. Which should scream volumes.

The Eagles focusing on the trenches is the reason they have been one of the more successful teams over the past 20 years. Having a good o-line and d-line trumps having a good running back corps or linebacker corps everyday of the week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

The Eagles focusing on the trenches is the reason they have been one of the more successful teams over the past 20 years. Having a good o-line and d-line trumps having a good running back corps or linebacker corps everyday of the week.

So you're fine going DL/OL with picks 15 and 18, Gotcha.

16 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

There is nothing wrong with a LB in round 1 if that LB is awesome, like Kuechly or P WIllis. There hasn't been one of those in recent memory, but if one comes out, take em in the 1st. Focusing on the trenches has netted us 1 SB in our teams history. Good teams draft good players, period, regardless of position.

Edited by Jeezla

8 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Howie gonna trade up - If Thibs & Sauce are gone, he wants either Wilson or Williams (PLEASE WILLIAMS!!!). Those are the four I think we end up trading up for (could also see him trading up a few spots for Wyatt). 

Not gonna lie, we trade up to #6 for any WR, I'm not a fan. You all should know my feelings on Jameson by now too but not at #6.

Tibs, Suace, Hamilton have to be the targets if Howies moving up IMO. Trying to snake the Giants from getting that player at 7 if they get cute at 5.

46 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

There is nothing wrong with a LB in round 1 if that LB is awesome, like Kuechly or P WIllis. There hasn't been one of those in recent memory, but if one comes out, take em in the 1st. Focusing on the trenches has netted us 1 SB in our teams history. Good teams draft good players, period, regardless of position.

There was one last year. Micah Parsons

I'm working on a mock.  I have the board going like this: 

Pick Team Position Player School
1 Jaguars DE Travon Walker Georgia
2 Lions DE Aidan Hutchinson Michigan
3 Texans OT Ikem Ekwonu NC State
4 Jets CB Ahmad Gardner Cincinnati
5 Giants OT Evan Neal Alabama
6 Panthers OT Charles Cross Miss. State
7 Giants CB Derek Stingley LSU
8 Falcons WR Drake London USC
9 Seahawks DE Jermaine Johnson FSU
10 Jets WR Jameson Williams Alabama
11 Commanders WR Garrett Wilson Ohio State
12 Vikings CB Trent McDuffie Washington
13 Texans DE Kayvon Thibodeaux Oregon
14 Ravens DT Jordan Davis Georgia

Eagles on the clock at 15.  I have you guys taking DT Devonte Wyatt at 18.  What do you guys think you'd do here at 15?