Bills announce 30-year deal for new $1.4 billion stadium in Orchard Park

RaidersAreOne

11 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I agree but look at the other side of the argument : look at Josh Allen vs Mac Jones in bad weather Buffalo last season. 

At the same time Josh Allen won't be playing for 30 years in that stadium. I still think the Tottenham design of a stadium will null the wind factor, if you check out that design. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Its a public venture as the city will own the building and charge Pegula's rent. The fact is buffalo keeps the team there for 30 more years, local people get new jobs and those get to keep their current jobs. The fact you believe that its taking money from children is laughable and that is sheep mentality. You just assume what ever is plastered on the internet are facts, go to a town meeting or actually research where the funds are being allocated and you will see that all this info is fake news that you are reading. Its political jibber jabber for the sheep to pop their heads up and say its wrong to swing a vote without actually doing the research to know where the real funds are coming from. 

Claim: The new stadium will spur economic growth.

What do the facts say though? The truth is stadiums do NOT spur economic growth: https://news.stanford.edu/2015/07/30/stadium-economics-noll-073015/

Be sure to research the topic BEFORE making claims.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, biggie. said:

What do the facts say though? The truth is stadiums do NOT spur economic growth: https://news.stanford.edu/2015/07/30/stadium-economics-noll-073015/

Yeah, let's call it what it is: disinformation to sway the public to believe there is any reason--there is none--to help billionaires fund their incredibly profitable business. I like to watch football, but this part is purely a scam. Most people in Buffalo will not even be attending games. Many will wish the traffic from the stadium on Sundays would just go away. Teams should have to pay 100% of these costs.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Yeah, let's call it what it is: disinformation to sway the public to believe there is any reason--there is none--to help billionaires fund their incredibly profitable business. I like to watch football, but this part is purely a scam. Most people in Buffalo will not even be attending games. Many will wish the traffic from the stadium on Sundays would just go away. Teams should have to pay 100% of these costs.

I'm from Tampa and traffic SUBSTANTIALLY worsened the moment Brady came to town.

16 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I'm from Tampa and traffic SUBSTANTIALLY worsened the moment Brady came to town.

Dont worry give it a year and when brady retires traffic will clear up for you. God forbid fans want to watch a winning team live on purpose. Those evil owners collecting pay checks and now they know you have to wait in traffic the horror! 

59 minutes ago, biggie. said:

I don't know why you'd take the opinion of someone who thinks the city owning the stadium is a good thing seriously.

Teams don't want to own those stadiums. They can sign leases that give them access to the revenue, and then whenever something breaks the city is left footing the bill. Plus if the team wants to move, there's no worry about having to sell the stadium or eat costs associated with it, again, the city gets left holding the bag.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't know why you'd take the opinion of someone who thinks the city owning the stadium is a good thing seriously.

Teams don't want to own those stadiums. They can sign leases that give them access to the revenue, and then whenever something breaks the city is left footing the bill. Plus if the team wants to move, there's no worry about having to sell the stadium or eat costs associated with it, again, the city gets left holding the bag.

6brnay.jpg

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

First off I never said it was a good thing hes claiming stupid stuff from some reject news outlet about taking the money from the kids school system, or the health care system, or the indian tribes...Its all garbage that he is spewing and did not do the physical research to find out where the funds are actually coming from. Also the Pegulas aren't just wiping their hands clean of this they are still committing $400 million of their own money between up front cost and the lease. So its not like they are going to bail after a season or 2 they are committed to keeping it the team there as they have said since buying them. As a big fan base like the bills you will not see one true fan complain about any tax money going to the stadium knowing that they could have easily gone else where with the team. If you are from St Louis, you of all people would know how devastating it is to see your home team go to another city and no longer have that team in your backyard to go to on Sundays. 

12 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Also the Pegulas aren't just wiping their hands clean of this they are still committing $400 million of their own money between up front cost and the lease.

You were today years old when you learned what the concept of rent and a security deposit is. 25% the stadium value doesn't exactly cut it when the stadium is entirely worthless outside of the NFL. That's a 75% discount the city won't see back.

As a big fan base like the bills you will not see one true fan complain about any tax money going to the stadium knowing that they could have easily gone else where with the team.

Wouldn't be a post calling other people sheep without immediately committing a logical fallacy immediately after. 

If you are from St Louis, you of all people would know how devastating it is to see your home team go to another city and no longer have that team in your backyard to go to on Sundays. 

The single best thing the city of St. Louis ever did was kick Stan Kroenke to the curb. The Rams wanted 10% of the yearly budget of St. Louis to go to a stadium Kroenke easily could have payed for in cash, while the city is falling apart at the seams. Instead, the city is going to get nearly a billion dollars to reinvest in infrastructure, education, etc., You know, things that actually bring a return on investment.

EDIT: And that doesn't include the billion from the settlement. I was just talking about the money saved. Throw another billion on top of that in money directly from Kroenke.

I'll throw you an olive branch: If your stance is actually "I don't care if me or anyone gets ripped off, I don't know anything about economics, I just want to see my football team and I'd sell my firstborn son to keep the team if that's what it took", I'd actually respect it. At least you'd be honest.

But thinking this is an objectively good decision for the city of Buffalo is deluded.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

You were today years old when you learned what the concept of rent and a security deposit is. 25% the stadium value doesn't exactly cut it when the stadium is entirely worthless outside of the NFL. That's a 75% discount the city won't see back.

Wouldn't be a post calling other people sheep without immediately committing a logical fallacy immediately after. 

The single best thing the city of St. Louis ever did was kick Stan Kroenke to the curb. The Rams wanted 10% of the yearly budget of St. Louis to go to a stadium Kroenke easily could have payed for in cash, while the city is falling apart at the seams. Instead, the city is going to get nearly a billion dollars to reinvest in infrastructure, education, etc. You know, things that actually bring a return on investment.

I'll throw you an olive branch: If your stance is actually "I don't care if me or anyone gets ripped off, I don't know anything about economics, I just want to see my football team and I'd sell my firstborn son to keep the team if that's what it took", I'd actually respect it. At least you'd be honest.

But thinking this is an objectively good decision for the city of Buffalo is deluded.

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Whenever I see arguments like that, I think of the quote "Bees don't waste their time convincing flies honey is better than s***"

Wasting your time, man.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Whenever I see arguments like that, I think of the quote "Bees don't waste their time convincing flies honey is better than s***"

Wasting your time, man.

Oh 100%. Anyone who uses "sheep" and "fake news" unironically in 2022 is beyond human intervention. 

Was gonna ignore it until that last sentence - and honestly I wrote it because usually it's presented like a city loses the team and then doesn't exist any more. I spent some time around the holidays in St. Louis and its starting to bounce back a little bit. Amazing what happens when you get rid of a Walmart-sized, money-sucking tumor.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

Oh 100%. Anyone who uses "sheep" and "fake news" unironically in 2022 is beyond human intervention. 

What about "Sheeple"? Is that still fair game?

Was gonna ignore it until that last sentence - and honestly I wrote it because usually it's presented like a city loses the team and then doesn't exist any more. I spent some time around the holidays in St. Louis and its starting to bounce back a little bit. Amazing what happens when you get rid of a Walmart-sized, money-sucking tumor.

I get it. Those of us who have been held hostage by morally bankrupt billionaires who threaten to take "their ball/team" and "go elsewhere" which is something we called the ultimatum bluff on in terms of social norms ala kindergarten recess have this irrational burden of spreading to every other fan(base) out there to justify our stance. 

Good Will Hunting Not Your Fault GIF