Jets sign DL Solomon Thomas

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, Fureys49ers said:

Haha not my intention at all. Just trying to get back to quality football takes, theories and information. How the hell else am I to appear smarter than the rest of my fantasy league(s) and well thought of football friends. 

Speaking on behalf of some of the mods - sometimes, something happens that causes our brains to collectively break. Actual information is cast asunder for memes and such.

It doesn’t happen often, but when it does - it’s either great or horrible, and nobody knows which it is until it’s done.

That’s kinda where it’s at right now. Sorry, but broken brain syndrome is a real thing. (Like Alopecia).

• Like 3

Solomon Thomas is a very good person off the field as bonus points. His bowl game against Mitch Trubisky will forever be one of my favorite "omg I love this prospect" bowl games for a defensive lineman. I think his issues are early on in his development his sister committed suicide which is a major distraction [which he advocates for mental health now], and then some injury issues and trying to figure out where to put him (I think they tried 5 tech but he lacks arm length). I could see him being a late career bloomer after a rotational role with the Raiders where he did flash at times. Basically the same defense his entire career so he should be mastering it or close even with the early career delay. I wish him the best in NY and would have happily resigned him if we stuck with Gus and our last year staff.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Solomon Thomas is a very good person off the field as bonus points. His bowl game against Mitch Trubisky will forever be one of my favorite "omg I love this prospect" bowl games for a defensive lineman. I think his issues are early on in his development his sister committed suicide which is a major distraction [which he advocates for mental health now], and then some injury issues and trying to figure out where to put him (I think they tried 5 tech but he lacks arm length). I could see him being a late career bloomer after a rotational role with the Raiders where he did flash at times. Basically the same defense his entire career so he should be mastering it or close even with the early career delay. I wish him the best in NY and would have happily resigned him if we stuck with Gus and our last year staff.

Definitely an awesome dude off the field, great locker room guy. 

• Like 3

Wow. 

I absolutely love this move of Solomon Thomas by our Jets GM Joe Douglas. 

• Former 3rd Overall Draft Pick (2017). 

• Still only 26 years of age. 

• Only 1 year with the Raiders but has 4 years of experience alongside of Jets HC Robert Saleh with San Francisco (2017-2020) and spent all 4 years alongside of coach Robert Saleh; his Defensive Coordinator throughout all 4 of his years @ San Francisco (49ers DC 2017-2020). 

1181524045.jpg.0.jpg

This kid is still extremely talented and most importantly it's only a 1 year contract.

A win/win situation.

Low Risk but yet (potentially) High Reward. 

Draft Kayvon Thibodeaux @ 4th overall and Solomon Thomas himself would then be surrounded by the likes of Kayvon Thibodeaux (Edge Rushing 4-3 DE), Quinnen Williams (4-3 DT/3-4 NT) and Carl Lawson (Edge Rushing 4-3 DE) as a rotational D-Line player. 

• He doesn't have to become a superstar.

√ He'll have a chance to become impactful moving forward under coach Robert Saleh. 

You can never have enough depth up front and hopefully he'll make an impact here in NY. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

Speaking on behalf of some of the mods - sometimes, something happens that causes our brains to collectively break. Actual information is cast asunder for memes and such.

It doesn’t happen often, but when it does - it’s either great or horrible, and nobody knows which it is until it’s done.

That’s kinda where it’s at right now. Sorry, but broken brain syndrome is a real thing. (Like Alopecia).

Haha well put and I understand completely. I, among others I’m sure, value the opinions of long timers here who have a good amount of knowledge. My attempt was to remind everyone of that and possibly to persuade us more in that direction. Not to call out people individually, ruffle feathers or point fingers.  

• Like 2

Just now, Scoundrel said:

Im Not Surprised Nate Diaz GIF by UFC

Why would you be? 

I trust our head Coach Robert Saleh's opinion on his former 4 year player and former 3rd overall draft pick Prospect in Solomon Thomas; over the opinions of opposing fan bases who are quick to ✍️ this FA addition off as an "automatic downgrade". 

• I'd rather kick the tires on a former 3rd overall prospect @ only 26 years of age over a completely washed up 34-36 year old veteran (while within the midst of a complete rebuild). 

No need to be surprised man I actually love Robert Saleh (unlike Adam Gase) and trust both of his player evaluations/convincing of Joe Douglas (on bringing in Solomon Thomas). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Why would you be? 

I trust our head Coach Robert Saleh's opinion on his former 4 year player and former 3rd overall draft pick Prospect in Solomon Thomas; over the opinions of opposing fan bases who are quick to ✍️ this FA addition off as an "automatic downgrade". 

• I'd rather kick the tires on a former 3rd overall prospect @ only 26 years of age over a completely washed up 34-36 year old veteran (while within the midst of a complete rebuild). 

No need to be surprised man I actually love Robert Saleh (unlike Adam Gase) and trust both of his player evaluations/convincing of Joe Douglas (on bringing in Solomon Thomas). 

Season 6 Mark GIF by ABC Network

• Like 1