Cardinals signed CB Jeff Gladney and LB Nick Vigil

TheKillerNacho

Current Cardinals CB room looks like:

Byron Murphy, 33 overall in 2019 draft out of Washington. Solid. Sometimes you think he's really put it together and is a top CB and then he goes back to just being solid. Definitely starter material, but I always think he's gonna play better than he does. 

Marco Wilson, 136 overall in 2021 draft out of Florida. Knew he'd be raw, definitely looked like it last year. He's athletic, but that's about it right now.

Jeff Gladney, 31 overall in 2020 draft out of TCU. Not sure how good he was for the Vikings as a rookie, but was cut with assault charges last year. We'll see how he does. 

It's a really young group, and barren currently. Robert Alford and Antonio Hamilton are both FAs currently.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

Current Cardinals CB room looks like:

Byron Murphy, 33 overall in 2019 draft out of Washington. Solid. Sometimes you think he's really put it together and is a top CB and then he goes back to just being solid. Definitely starter material, but I always think he's gonna play better than he does. 

Marco Wilson, 136 overall in 2021 draft out of Florida. Knew he'd be raw, definitely looked like it last year. He's athletic, but that's about it right now.

Jeff Gladney, 31 overall in 2020 draft out of TCU. Not sure how good he was for the Vikings as a rookie, but was cut with assault charges last year. We'll see how he does. 

It's a really young group, and barren currently. Robert Alford and Antonio Hamilton are both FAs currently.

Jeff Gladney from what I remember was looking like a bust before he got cut...   But anything can happen its worth the risk I suppose

I really don't care for Gladney whatsoever. I wouldn't be surprised if he does something stupid again and completely ruins his career. Prior to that incident though he was getting burnt deep regularly by no name WRs. As a strict NCB, he might be fine, but then he's been out of football for a year.

Nick Vigil made some splash plays for us but was solid overall. In a 3-4 I guess he's a ILB, and given that Arizona drafted two back to back in the first, I can't imagine him actually starting.

8 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Jeff Gladney from what I remember was looking like a bust before he got cut...   But anything can happen its worth the risk I suppose

He was rehabbing an injury right before the season and then was forced into playing time the 2nd game of the season.  I thought that he showed potential to at least be a good nickel corner