Official FootballsFuture Top 36 QB's as voted on by the Forum

BayRaider

20 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Interesting list

Tiers got a bit silly and pointless though after elite and come across as making tiers for the sake of making tiers. Flipping between development tiers and bad starting QBs and so on basically just says you shouldn't have tiers.

Yes but you can’t really call the young starting QB’s bad yet as simply don’t know until year three. 

4 hours ago, Malfatron said:

Is Jimmy really better than Baker?

Every day of the week, especially on Sunday IMO.

Better comp %, more YPG, better QB rating, better ANY/A, better W/L

Only thing Baker is better at is staying healthy on the field.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

This is a bad take. I like Ryan and wouldn’t be surprised if he puts up a Top 10 QB season this year, but he has largely been a middle of the pack QB the past three seasons. Those three have played better. I can see the argument for Ryan above Tannehil.. but definitely not Cousins or Carr. 

Guessing you're a statline watcher instead of a game watcher. Ryan played out of his mind last year behind one of the worst OLs in the league and the worst starting LG in league history, all while losing Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley in the same offseason. His starting WRs were a joke and while he had Kyle Pitts get to 1k as a rookie, there were times where teams literally tripled KP.

Cousins doesn't even know what down it is half the time and Carr MIGHT be similar, but it's a debate at best. Couldn't disagree more with how wrong you are about Matt Ryan. Legit last year was so impressive I'm not sure it wasn't better than his MVP year.

I never liked Carson wentz but I think he has gotten underrated because of an implosion the last game against the Jaguars.

I don’t think Matt Ryan is gonna do any better than he did in regards to both wins or individual stats 

Edited by CP3MVP

13 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Guessing you're a statline watcher instead of a game watcher. Ryan played out of his mind last year behind one of the worst OLs in the league and the worst starting LG in league history, all while losing Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley in the same offseason. His starting WRs were a joke and while he had Kyle Pitts get to 1k as a rookie, there were times where teams literally tripled KP.

Cousins doesn't even know what down it is half the time and Carr MIGHT be similar, but it's a debate at best. Couldn't disagree more with how wrong you are about Matt Ryan. Legit last year was so impressive I'm not sure it wasn't better than his MVP year.

That’s what makes these lists hard to take seriously. No one watches every QB every week and only fans of that team understand the intricacies of each QBs performance/situation, for the most part. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

That’s what makes these lists hard to take seriously. No one watches every QB every week and only fans of that team understand the intricacies of each QBs performance/situation, for the most part. 

But that's equally biased, right?

Like, we've been hearing excuses for Baker Mayfield his entire career. Some of them are actually legitimate. But every single QB in the NFL has a laundry list of "well if"s. That's why I think stats (with skepticism for context) are the most unbiased way of looking at things. Things just simply aren't going to go right in the NFL and situations will never be perfect. The better the QB, the better the ability to adapt.

Matt Ryan hasn't been better than Cousins in a while.  If we want to say that "2021 was a crazy year because of losing Julio and Calvin and OL play", that's fine. Let's throw that year out and take the previous two instead ->

Passing Rushing
Rk Player From To AV G QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD Rate Lng Int Sk Yds Y/A AY/A NY/A ANY/A Att Yds TD Y/A Lng
1 Kirk Cousins 2019 2020 28 31 17-14-0 656 960 68.3 7868 61 106.1 71 19 67 462 8.2 8.58 7.21 7.57 63 219 2 3.5 16
2 Matt Ryan 2019 2020 26 31 11-20-0 815 1242 65.6 9047 52 92.7 93 25 89 573 7.3 7.22 6.37 6.30 63 239 3 3.8 1

It's not just one year. It's not just losing Julio or Ridley or this year's OL play. It's three years of excuses (comparing to Cousins). Like it's not even close. Sure, Cousins had better weapons during that time, but if we are going to pretend like that makes the difference between these stats, then Brandin Cooks is the best WR in the game today.

I'd rather just tell Cousins what down it is every play and have him produce lol.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, iloxygenil said:

Ryan better than his MVP year…? Sigh. Clearly dealing with some random Falcon homer, a huge homer in that. You’re a Falcon fan I’m assuming? 

Some outside perspectives, NFL.com ranked Matt Ryan’s season 15th while PFF ranked it 22nd. 

Also, I hear lotssss of excuses. You do realize you can come up with massive excuses for all 32 starting QB’s every season right? I see it for basically every QB, every season. Hell, I’ve had to deal with excuses for Carr every season. Nothing is ever “his fault”. Same with certain 49er fans and Jimmy G. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

What has Watson actually done to be above Stafford other than lose every playoff game he has been in? Is he talented? Sure, is he better than Stafford? Not in my opinion. 

I am an admitted Browns hater and Watson discrediter since he started getting compared to Mahomes. 

Stafford's best years (2011 + 2021) statistically look like Watson's career averages. Watson's 2020 puts them to shame.

Watson was also statistically way better in the playoffs, prior to 2021 when they were each on bad-ish teams (comparatively).

The only real argument for Stafford over Watson is a SB ring and maybe some ring rust, right?

Just now, Soggust said:

I am an admitted Browns hater and Watson discrediter since he started getting compared to Mahomes. 

Stafford's best years (2011 + 2021) statistically look like Watson's career averages. Watson's 2020 puts them to shame.

Watson was also statistically way better in the playoffs, prior to 2021 when they were each on bad-ish teams (comparatively).

The only real argument for Stafford over Watson is a SB ring and maybe some ring rust, right?

Stafford has been consistently performing through his career including upon really trash teams though. That's the biggest thing for me. And yes, Stafford did win a SB by playing phenomenal in the clutch. I'm really simply talking about who should be 8 and who should be 9 though, it's not egregious either way.

• Like 1