Week 10 GDT: Bears vs. Packers

Madmike90

1 minute ago, blkwdw13 said:

You know what is pointless keeping Fox around and the offense he runs unless Manning is at QB.  But he lets keep the status quo and keep running in  stacked boxes.

I dont disagree that its pointless to keep Fox around I'm just saying it's pointless to think it's a plausible scenario that Bears will fire him midseason when they've never done that in their entire franchise history.

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

I dont disagree that its pointless to keep Fox around I'm just saying it's pointless to think it's a plausible scenario that Bears will fire him midseason when they've never done that in their entire franchise history.

Nor have we developed a QB worth a damn in the Super Bowl era. We still can hope for change. lol

The defense was almost as much to blame as the coaching was today. They let hundley and the packers stay ahead of the sticks all day. Seemed they were picking up 5-6 yards on every run in early downs. Make no mistake, the coaches were miserable and Mitch took some really bad sacks, but the defense should be ashamed of that performance. Putrid. Oh well, that nail has Fox's coffin pretty well sealed 

Inman is a real WR. Late drop was rough, but he’s a real player. Nice to see someone who can not only get separation, but to whom our QB isn’t afraid to throw the ball. Encouraging sign.  

We aren’t doing Mitch any favors with the playcalling, but we let him throw more today and he responded in kind by making plays in the passing game. He needs to throw the ball away more but that will come with experience. He missed a few throws and was undermined by a few bad drops. I think the conditions factor into both of those at least somewhat. He should have had about 350 yards passing today though and deserved a better fate. We gave him more and he responded well. Let’s keep doing that. It’s kinda all we are playing for right now. 

Shaheen showed to have value in the passing game right away, and Loggains responded by immediately stopping calling plays to him. Inexcusable. 

Why doesn’t Cohen play in obvious passing situations? Cunningham in in the 2 minute drill at the end of either half makes no sense unless Cohen is in the slot (he wasn’t). Cohen is a complete non-factor in our rushing game right now. If we aren’t going to use him in the passing game then he’s not really adding anything at all. He’s been just a guy as a KR/PR. 

Markus Wheaton was active but didn’t play to my recollection. McBride showed up in our last game and played almost no snaps. I commented yesterday about Bellamy being able to get open even if he has drops, but is that really enough reason to not at least rotate those guys in? 

4 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Inman is a real WR. Late drop was rough, but he’s a real player. Nice to see someone who can not only get separation, but to whom our QB isn’t afraid to throw the ball. Encouraging sign.  

We aren’t doing Mitch any favors with the playcalling, but we let him throw more today and he responded in kind by making plays in the passing game. He needs to throw the ball away more but that will come with experience. He missed a few throws and was undermined by a few bad drops. I think the conditions factor into both of those at least somewhat. He should have had about 350 yards passing today though and deserved a better fate. We gave him more and he responded well. Let’s keep doing that. It’s kinda all we are playing for right now. 

Shaheen showed to have value in the passing game right away, and Loggains responded by immediately stopping calling plays to him. Inexcusable. 

Why doesn’t Cohen play in obvious passing situations? Cunningham in in the 2 minute drill at the end of either half makes no sense unless Cohen is in the slot (he wasn’t). Cohen is a complete non-factor in our rushing game right now. If we aren’t going to use him in the passing game then he’s not really adding anything at all. He’s been just a guy as a KR/PR. 

Markus Wheaton was active but didn’t play to my recollection. McBride showed up in our last game and played almost no snaps. I commented yesterday about Bellamy being able to get open even if he has drops, but is that really enough reason to not at least rotate those guys in? 

I agree with you. Shaheen on the first drive or 2 has a couple of nice plays in the passing game, and at least one of them was a roll out. Then he doesn't see another ball, and i only remember one other roll out (MT10's sack with an open JB15).

Fishbain tweeted this out during the game, but on Oct. 18, Loggins called TC29 our best playmaker . . . he had 1 run for 1 yard and 1 catch for 10 yards. It just doesnt make sense.

MW12 got on the field for at least one snap, but it wasn't until the very end of the game, TM18 got on only at the very end, last drive or two. 

1 minute ago, Rogerthat said:

I thought was a must win for fox to stay another year but he disappointed again. He had a bye week the packers on short week without Rogers at home and the penalties reflect very poorly on the coach. 

I was most surprised with the defense having probably their worst showing of the year. Missing Trevathan is a big loss, but this GB team looked abysmal just 6 days ago against a lesser defense in Detroit. Fuller is easy to single out as having the most struggles today (his worst game of the year by far) but it was pretty much everyone at one point or another. 

For those looking to next year and potential FA targets we got a good look at Davante Adams today too. That one handed catch he made on the long 4th quarter pass was filthy, as was the play on the back shoulder throw for the TD. A few years ago he had big problems with drops. He seems to be well past that now. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

This was exactly what I said at the beginning of this thread. The coach is a failure, and needs to be gone. If Pace picked him it was a bigger bust than Glennon, and if ownership did they need to stay the f*** out of football operations.

Fox has definitely had a positive effect on culture. Everything else though. Woof. And I’m not even sure the culture change comes from him vs. his assistants. 50 days on the Fire Fox calendar. 

21 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Fox has definitely had a positive effect on culture. Everything else though. Woof. And I’m not even sure the culture change comes from him vs. his assistants. 50 days on the Fire Fox calendar. 

I'll start my fire Fox calendar at 1.

Archived