TRADE-A-PALOOZA - FIRST ROUND

famousj

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen for the Falcons on that second trade. The first trade is great. Get a 1st next year. trade down. That's fine. But then to trade for Jordan Love? Dude is terrible when he's been in and has no business being traded for anything above a 4th. 

14 hours ago, famousj said:
  Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

I guess I over estimated Jordan Love's value.   I think Jordan Love will be traded during the draft.   Falcons seem to be the most logical destination.  In my updated mock I will have the Falcons obtain Jordan Love with a 2nd round pick instead.

The Falcons aren't a logical destination at all because they have no interest in trading for Jordan Love. He has no shot at starting here over Mariota either. The Falcons will either draft a QB or hold off until 2023 to do so, but they won't trade for Love. 

Titans are not taking a CB in the 1st round in back to back drafts. They’re CB group is actually pretty solid. Caleb Farley is obviously the wildcard with his injury history. A CB later in the draft would be fine but they need to a WR or OL in the 1st. Jameson Williams would be intriguing there despite having to wait for him to play.

On 4/14/2022 at 8:30 PM, famousj said:

*TRADE*  Atlanta trades #8 to Pittsburgh for #20, #52 and 2023 1st round

Think this is a pipe dream for Atlanta.  Think you're looking at something close to what the Justin Fields trade, but maybe a bit more on the back end.  Like the FRPs plus a pair of 3rds.

*TRADE* Chargers trade #17 to Packers for #22 and #92

17           *TRADE* Green Bay via LAC - Garrett Wilson Ohio State WR

Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since 2002, and they're probably not trading up for one either.

*TRADE* Falcons trade #20 to Packers for QB Jordan Love

20           *TRADE*  Green Bay via ATL via PIT - Devonte Wyatt Georgia DL3T  

Really don't think the Packers are getting a FRP for Love, and Wyatt would break about a dozen different drat tendencies.

*TRADE* Packers trade #28 and 2023 3rd round pick to Seahawks for #40 and #72

That's a steal for the Seahawks.  Plus, Packers don't deal future picks.

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Think this is a pipe dream for Atlanta.  Think you're looking at something close to what the Justin Fields trade, but maybe a bit more on the back end.  Like the FRPs plus a pair of 3rds.

It’s basically the same trade with the 3 pick premium making up the difference from the 2nd round value to the third round value. But I’d love 1sts and 3rds in 2022 and 2023. 

10 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Packers haven't taken a WR in the first round since 2002, and they're probably not trading up for one either.

Really don't think the Packers are getting a FRP for Love, and Wyatt would break about a dozen different drat tendencies.

That's a steal for the Seahawks.  Plus, Packers don't deal future picks.

I think 1 of 2 trades are fair value for this trade.  Either a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd this year or a 1st and 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.    Thats pretty much even value on the trade chart both ways.   Now if they get desperate for a QB and really want one i could see them turning that 2nd to a 1st next year it's not unlikely for it to happen over the years.  But realistic value i expect is one of those 2 trades i put because it's correct even value.

Edited by FalconFan13

2 hours ago, scar988 said:

It’s basically the same trade with the 3 pick premium making up the difference from the 2nd round value to the third round value. But I’d love 1sts and 3rds in 2022 and 2023. 

For me, we have a direct comparison for the trade with the Justin Fields trade.  The Bears traded #20, #164, '22 FRP, and '22 4th round pick to move up to #11.  The difference between the 8th and 11th picks of the draft is 200 points, which is the 78th pick in the draft.  The Steelers 3rd round pick this year is 84, so it's close enough.  So you've got #20, #84, #138, '22 FRP, and '22 4th round pick as a direct trade comparison.  That is substantially different then the trade proposal there.

The Lions would do the trade that the Jets made to move up for Jameson Williams if thats all it took.  And both 34 and 66 would be better value so I am sure they would prefer our deal.  

I hate the QB pick at the end of the first for the Lions.  None of the QBs aside from maybe Willis have the potential to be as good as Goff is, which isn't saying much.  We wont take a QB just to do it unless a great value falls to the 3rd or 4th round and we pick someone as a backup with upside.  

8 hours ago, CWood21 said:

For me, we have a direct comparison for the trade with the Justin Fields trade.  The Bears traded #20, #164, '22 FRP, and '22 4th round pick to move up to #11.  The difference between the 8th and 11th picks of the draft is 200 points, which is the 78th pick in the draft.  The Steelers 3rd round pick this year is 84, so it's close enough.  So you've got #20, #84, #138, '22 FRP, and '22 4th round pick as a direct trade comparison.  That is substantially different then the trade proposal there.

I don't see how a 1st, 2nd and next year's 1st is that different from a 1st, 3rd, 5th and then next year's 1st and 4th. IF anything, It's easy to argue that a 2nd is essentially the same as the 3rd, 5th and next years 4th.

3 hours ago, scar988 said:

I don't see how a 1st, 2nd and next year's 1st is that different from a 1st, 3rd, 5th and then next year's 1st and 4th. IF anything, It's easy to argue that a 2nd is essentially the same as the 3rd, 5th and next years 4th.

It's substantially different.  The difference between the Steelers' SRP and their 3rd round pick  is the 76th overall pick.  Unless you value that future 4th round pick significantly more then I do, there's a substantial difference.  I think @FalconFan13 was on the right path.  I think it's either #20, a 3rd round pick this year and a FRP next year OR #20, #52, and a SRP next year.  That would smash the Fields' trade out of the water.  If you devalue future picks as middle of the next round of the following year, a trade of a #20, #84, '23 FRP, and '23 3rd round pick would be ~1492 points against the 1400 points for the 8th overall pick.  That's a 6% premium on that trade.  Adding in the Steelers' 4th round pick would be a 9% premium added.  If you want #52 to be apart of the deal, then I think Atlanta would probably need to send back a mid-round pick this year PLUS a future mid-round pick as well.  Using the same logic as before, let's have Atlanta send back a 4th round pick this year (#114) plus a '23 4th round pick as well and calculate.  Pittsburgh would be giving up (#20, #52, '23 FRP) 1650 in points and Atlanta would send (#8, #114, '23 4th round pick) 1492.2 in points which is an almost 11% premium.  For comparison, the Bears' premium was 5.6% in the Fields' trade.

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

It's substantially different.  The difference between the Steelers' SRP and their 3rd round pick  is the 76th overall pick.  Unless you value that future 4th round pick significantly more then I do, there's a substantial difference.  I think @FalconFan13 was on the right path.  I think it's either #20, a 3rd round pick this year and a FRP next year OR #20, #52, and a SRP next year.  That would smash the Fields' trade out of the water.  If you devalue future picks as middle of the next round of the following year, a trade of a #20, #84, '23 FRP, and '23 3rd round pick would be ~1492 points against the 1400 points for the 8th overall pick.  That's a 6% premium on that trade.  Adding in the Steelers' 4th round pick would be a 9% premium added.  If you want #52 to be apart of the deal, then I think Atlanta would probably need to send back a mid-round pick this year PLUS a future mid-round pick as well.  Using the same logic as before, let's have Atlanta send back a 4th round pick this year (#114) plus a '23 4th round pick as well and calculate.  Pittsburgh would be giving up (#20, #52, '23 FRP) 1650 in points and Atlanta would send (#8, #114, '23 4th round pick) 1492.2 in points which is an almost 11% premium.  For comparison, the Bears' premium was 5.6% in the Fields' trade.

I don't think a 2nd is substantially different from a 3 and 5 this year and a 4th next. But to each their own.