Google(Youtube TV) lands Sunday Ticket.

August4th

Just when I thought I couldnt hate Apple anymore than I already do they pull this crap. Can't wait for them to tell us how we have to pay a ridiculous amount because it's a "higher quality presentation" than what was previously offered or something along those lines.

12 hours ago, pf9 said:

If anything, Sunday Ticket should be a separate streaming service, where you can buy the whole season, or games, weeks, or teams a la carte.

True, not sure why this isnt just done directly by the NFL and housed in the NFL app. Why sell a contract to a 3rd party to host the games when you can just rake the cash in directly from NFL.com

Anything beats DirecTV, just absolutely horrible. Glitchy service and overall horrible technology/interface. I see a lot of Apple haters and to each their own but Apple constantly has the best GUI Interfaces in the game, and always great technology that works. I just hope they keep the student discount where you get the maximum version for $100 instead of $400. 

• Like 1

Apple been making a play to be in the sports business. Got some MLB games this year so makes sense. I have used the NFL Sunday Ticket streaming version for the past 5ish years and I’m happy Directv won’t have power over it. I think the app was incredibly outdated and could have had a much better look and user experience to it. 

I do wonder how the pricing will be. Don’t think they will force there Apple TV product. It will probably just be built into the Apple TV + interface instead of having its own app. 

On 4/23/2022 at 12:23 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Hopefully it moves on finally but if it does go to apple, I hope and pray the broadcast is much better than that garbage cardinals-refs game last night. Gameplay was behind the commentary, broadcast have nothing interesting to say and have the voices go out you to sleep. 

Apple will likely have nothing to do with commentary choices.

I just hope Apple gives us an option to select TV Audio or Radio Audio to go along with the video like MLB.TV does. This would make Sunday Ticket worth every penny. Radio Broadcasters are just soooo much better. Most of the ones on TV suck and are purely there because of "connections". 

now it will be Apple?
for fans, this may be an improvement
likely less expensive
but if only there was a free service, even
if less official and legally gray
to get to watch your team play
even if you don't live in their broadcast area
could also use such a thing to watch any game
or games of any other sport
my, wouldn't that be nice

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheKillerNacho said:

now it will be Apple?
for fans, this may be an improvement
likely less expensive
but if only there was a free service, even
if less official and legally gray
to get to watch your team play
even if you don't live in their broadcast area
could also use such a thing to watch any game
or games of any other sport
my, wouldn't that be nice

100% will be less expensive, not sure what all the Apple whining in here going on is that they will charge more than DirecTV. DirecTV was a monopoly taking advantage of people like EA does with Madden. 

DirecTV‘s price was $395 for Max and $295 for Non-Max. And $150 for Student Max. 

My guess is Apple will charge $299 for Max, $199 Non-Max, and $99 for Student Max. And this will probably be with a state-of-the-art interface, not DirecTV’s Sunday Ticket Interface that looks like it’s from 2001. 

I would also expect Apple to add way more options. 

• Like 2

My two requests to Apple:

- Commentator options of Radio or TV Broadcast to go with the video. Choosing Radio Broadcast with the games is an amazing MLB feature. 

- Ditch DirecTV’s Redzone and get their own Apple Redzone. Adam is a terrible host and doesn’t come anywhere close to Hansen on NFL Network’s Redzone. 

@TheKillerNacho What I usually do to get my own teams game is pay for CBS All Access, like $5 a month last time I had it. Since we're both AFC teams, should work for you. When the game was on Fox, I would just use a VPN on Sunday Ticket.

SNF, MNF, I just went to friends/family houses, but that might not be an option for you. 

Edited by BayRaider