2022 NFL Draft Discussion Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Day 2. Give me one of Pickens, Pierce or Tolbert and an EDGE and we're killing this draft. 

I really like both Pickens and pierce either one would make me happy I do think we have to get an edge here too.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Day 2. Give me one of Pickens, Pierce or Tolbert and an EDGE and we're killing this draft. 

I don't see us trading up to get Pickens. Seemed like Gute in his presser likes where we are in that we have four top picks. To reach Pickens we would have to do something which involves both 2nds. 

I think Pierce, Tolbert and McBride are in play for us and an edge with our two picks in the 2nd round. But KC picks at 50 and will probably get first go at a WR we like.

I really think after the draft we will get a deal for either Julio or Fuller. Realisitcally, we'll be the only WR needy team in the NFL. I think those players wanted to see what happened in the draft and what their other options were until commiting to the Packers.

Edited by Brit Pack

Just now, Reaper said:

I really like both Pickens and pierce either one would make me happy I do think we have to get an edge here too.

Lot of good EDGE players available so we'll get one at 53 or 59. May need to packag our 3rd or a 4th to move up and get our WR. 

1 minute ago, Brit Pack said:

I don't see us trading up to get Pickens. Seemed like Gute in his presser likes where we are in that we have four top picks. To reach Pickens we would have to do something which involves both 2nds. 

I think Pierce, Tolbert and McBride are in play for us and and edge. But KC picks at 50 and will probably get first go at a WR we like.

I really think after the draft we will get a deal for either Julio or Fuller. Realisitcally, we'll be the only WR needy team in the NFL. I think those players wanted to see what happened in the draft and what their other options were until commiting to the Packers.

That's the best move, draft Pierce and then sign another vet, maybe one who becomes available after the draft. Worst case you could roll the dice on Julio staying healthy and playing with 12. 

I’m not going to pretend that I would not have very much liked a first round WR, BUT:

- drafting defense early is always a good thing. Building a top defense is taking your medicine and it takes discipline. 

- it was truly humiliating watching the typical teams fall over themselves to acquire WRs in that little run between 8-18. Olave at #11?? Overall??? Jahan Dotson at freaking 16th overall? You must be joking. That’s insanely rich, and mediocre teams will stay mediocre

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Gonna be very interesting tonight. Seems like a no brainer that the next tier of WR's will be long gone by 53. 

We have a 3rd and two 4ths. Tonight may be the night we get aggressive and move into the top 15 of the 2nd for our guy.