Final Mock Draft

WindyCity

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[39] to the Baltimore Ravens for 2[45] and 4[110].

2[45] OG Cole Strange [Tennessee Chatanooga] 6'5" 307lbs, 33" arms, 5.03 [40], 30 reps, 28" vert, 120" broad

Cole Strange was literally created in a lab to play OG in this system. He has the length to overcome his lack of bulk in pass pro and he has the insane athletic ability to thrive in a wide zone running scheme. The only knocks I have on him is that he is a year older than most rookies and he played at a lower end of competition. I think he proved at the Senior Bowl that he could easily hang with the big boys. I think Strange will be a priority target for the Bears because of his physical make up, extreme need at RG, and the intensity that Strange plays with.

Meet 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Cole Strange, OG, UT-Chattanooga

2[48] WR Alec Pierce [Cincinnati] 6'3" 211lbs, 33" arms, 4.41 [40], 40.5" vert, 129" broad

The Bears have a young QB who is a deep ball hunter... and they need to add more deep ball WRs. Pierce has size, catch radius, good hands, and speed. He is a menace on the deep sideline and while he doesn't do everything great, he is great at what the Bears need. By adding Pierce it allows the Bears to have a consistent sideline deep threat and Pringle and Mooney can move around the field and use their versatility.

2022 NFL draft: Alec Pierce scouting report

3[71] LB Channing Tindall [Georgia] 6'2" 230lbs, 33" arms, 4.47 [40], 42" vert, 129" broad.

The Bears are very thin at LB and in Enerflus' other stops he has prioritized front 7 and LBs. Tindall has all the physical tools that Eberflus favors at LB, speed and length. He can come in and play SAM and eventually move to MLB next to Roquan. Tindall is a heat seeking missile and can flat out fly and esplode into ball carriers. Tindall also has some sneaky pass rush skills that the Bears could deploy from the strong side.

Georgia LB Channing Tindall named Senior Bowl practice standout

4[110] OT Matt Waletzko [North Dakota] 6'8" 312, 36" arms, 5.03 [40], 30" vert, 113" broad

The Bears need options at OT as they do not have anyone who has established themselves. Waletzko is a freak athlete, with incredible size and length, but he needs some time and development. He played at a lower level and while he had a mostly strong all-star circuit he needs to get stronger and he needs to work on consistent technique in place of being a superior athlete. This is a developmental pick that could turn into the Bears long term LT.

NFL draft: Meet Matt Waletzko, North Dakota's high-upside OT prospect

5[148] S J.T Woods [Baylor] 6'2" 195lbs, 4.36 [40], 39.5" vert, 128" broad

The Bears could use some depth and competition at safety and while I do not think it needs to be a big investment, it needs to be some investment. Woods has good size and a lot of athletic ability. He has the range they need in the 2 deep and the ball skills to be a productive member of the secondary. This defense thrives on takeaways and Woods has 9 ints in the last 2 seasons. He should compete at SS this season and perhaps be a long term replacement for Jackson at FS if he continues to be overpaid.

Deep prep allows Baylor safety JT Woods to be in right place at right time  | Baylor | wacotrib.com

5[150] WR Jalen Nailor [Michigan St] 6' 190lbs, 4.5 [40], 38" vert, 128" broad

The Bears have been scouting Nailor a lot, and have had him to Halas Hall for a visit. He is another speed WR who can generate big plays down the field. He is a former high-level sprinter and can be used all over the offensive formation. Injuries have been an issue and have kept him from being as productive as he could have been.

Michigan State football WR Jalen Nailor declares for NFL Draft

6[190] DT Thomas Booker [Stanford] 6'3" 301lbs, 33" arms, 4.94 [40], 110" broad
# technique has been talked about a lot and while the chance to take one early in the draft did not come up, I expect they will take one and give themselves more depth and rotation. Booker was a big time DE recruit in college and has grown into a DT. He has the size, length, and get off to be a 3 technique in this system.

2022 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Thomas Booker - Prime Time Sports Talk

Post Draft Free Agency

CB Xavier Rhodes [Ind] 1 year 4 million/4 guaranteed *2 million in incentives

Not drafting a CB leaves the Bears needing someone who can hold down the #2 CB spot and Rhodes makes too much sense as he has had a career revitalization under Flus.

OT Dennis Kelly [Green Bay] 2 years 7 million/3 guaranteed

Waletzko has insane upside, but he is super raw and unlikely to be able to play at a reasonable level in the short term. With the youth at OT, the Bears should add a veteran swing OT that can step in and play if needed early in the season. Kelly has been one of the better swing OTs for a few years now. He has a ton of starts at both RT and LT and has empierce in the suystem.

OG Laurent Dunleavy-Tardif [NY Jets] 1 year 2.5 million/1 guaranteed

I think Strange will start, but the Bears need a primary interior backup and LDT was drafted by Poles and is probably at the stage of his career where he is not guaranteed a starting spot. I expect they can add him to compete with Strange and be the primary interior backup.

LB Kenny Young [Den] 1 year 1.75 million/500k guaranteed

Young has not held on to the fast start to his career, but he is still a versatile and athletic LB that can come in and compete at SAM with Tindall and backup across the LB core and give them someone with experience.

P Michael Palardy [Mia] 1 year 1 million/250k guaranteed 

He is cheap, replaceable, and can punt.

Post Draft Cuts

QB Nick Foles [3 million]

Pre-Season Extensions

LB Roquan Smith 
Old: 1 year 10 million
New: 4 years 80 million/45 guaranteed
Total Deal: 5 years 90 million/55 guaranteed

Depth Chart

QB: Fields, Siemien
RB: Monty, Herbert, Evans, Khari
WR: Mooney, Pierce, Pringle, ESB, Moore, Nailor
TE: Kmet, Horsted, Griffin, O'Shaunessey
LT: Borom/Kelly
LG: Whitehair
😄 Patrick, Mustipher
RG: Strange/LDT
RT: Jenkins, Waletzko

RE: Quinn, Muhammad
DT: Jones, Edwards, Booker
NT: Blackson, Tonga
LE: Gipson, Attouchu
WLB: Smith, Thomas
MLB: Morrow, Young
WLB: Tindall, Adams
CB: Johnson, Rhodes, Young, Graham, Shelley
FS: Jackson, Woods
SS: DHC/Cruickshank

K: Santo
P: Palardy
LS: Scales
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

There would have to be a really good player on board for Ravens to move up 6 spots.

Since Ravens usually draft better, the Bears should ask them who they want and take that guy themselves instead.

They have so many middle round picks. I expect they will be more aggressive.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

They have so many middle round picks. I expect they will be more aggressive.

That makes sense as a possibility.

We'll see what happens.   I have only looked at a handful of guys.   Waiting to see who Bears actually pick and then I will watch their youtube cut ups after.

This way I'll be more positive since all players in first 3 rounds should have fairly good tape and I won't be pining for a guy I really liked that they didn't take.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:
*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[39] to the Baltimore Ravens for 2[45] and 4[110].

2[45] OG Cole Strange [Tennessee Chatanooga] 6'5" 307lbs, 33" arms, 5.03 [40], 30 reps, 28" vert, 120" broad

Cole Strange was literally created in a lab to play OG in this system. He has the length to overcome his lack of bulk in pass pro and he has the insane athletic ability to thrive in a wide zone running scheme. The only knocks I have on him is that he is a year older than most rookies and he played at a lower end of competition. I think he proved at the Senior Bowl that he could easily hang with the big boys. I think Strange will be a priority target for the Bears because of his physical make up, extreme need at RG, and the intensity that Strange plays with.

Meet 2021 NFL Draft Prospect Cole Strange, OG, UT-Chattanooga

2[48] WR Alec Pierce [Cincinnati] 6'3" 211lbs, 33" arms, 4.41 [40], 40.5" vert, 129" broad

The Bears have a young QB who is a deep ball hunter... and they need to add more deep ball WRs. Pierce has size, catch radius, good hands, and speed. He is a menace on the deep sideline and while he doesn't do everything great, he is great at what the Bears need. By adding Pierce it allows the Bears to have a consistent sideline deep threat and Pringle and Mooney can move around the field and use their versatility.

2022 NFL draft: Alec Pierce scouting report

3[71] LB Channing Tindall [Georgia] 6'2" 230lbs, 33" arms, 4.47 [40], 42" vert, 129" broad.

The Bears are very thin at LB and in Enerflus' other stops he has prioritized front 7 and LBs. Tindall has all the physical tools that Eberflus favors at LB, speed and length. He can come in and play SAM and eventually move to MLB next to Roquan. Tindall is a heat seeking missile and can flat out fly and esplode into ball carriers. Tindall also has some sneaky pass rush skills that the Bears could deploy from the strong side.

Georgia LB Channing Tindall named Senior Bowl practice standout

4[110] OT Matt Waletzko [North Dakota] 6'8" 312, 36" arms, 5.03 [40], 30" vert, 113" broad

The Bears need options at OT as they do not have anyone who has established themselves. Waletzko is a freak athlete, with incredible size and length, but he needs some time and development. He played at a lower level and while he had a mostly strong all-star circuit he needs to get stronger and he needs to work on consistent technique in place of being a superior athlete. This is a developmental pick that could turn into the Bears long term LT.

NFL draft: Meet Matt Waletzko, North Dakota's high-upside OT prospect

5[148] S J.T Woods [Baylor] 6'2" 195lbs, 4.36 [40], 39.5" vert, 128" broad

The Bears could use some depth and competition at safety and while I do not think it needs to be a big investment, it needs to be some investment. Woods has good size and a lot of athletic ability. He has the range they need in the 2 deep and the ball skills to be a productive member of the secondary. This defense thrives on takeaways and Woods has 9 ints in the last 2 seasons. He should compete at SS this season and perhaps be a long term replacement for Jackson at FS if he continues to be overpaid.

Deep prep allows Baylor safety JT Woods to be in right place at right time  | Baylor | wacotrib.com

5[150] WR Jalen Nailor [Michigan St] 6' 190lbs, 4.5 [40], 38" vert, 128" broad

The Bears have been scouting Nailor a lot, and have had him to Halas Hall for a visit. He is another speed WR who can generate big plays down the field. He is a former high-level sprinter and can be used all over the offensive formation. Injuries have been an issue and have kept him from being as productive as he could have been.

Michigan State football WR Jalen Nailor declares for NFL Draft

6[190] DT Thomas Booker [Stanford] 6'3" 301lbs, 33" arms, 4.94 [40], 110" broad
# technique has been talked about a lot and while the chance to take one early in the draft did not come up, I expect they will take one and give themselves more depth and rotation. Booker was a big time DE recruit in college and has grown into a DT. He has the size, length, and get off to be a 3 technique in this system.

2022 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Thomas Booker - Prime Time Sports Talk

Post Draft Free Agency

CB Xavier Rhodes [Ind] 1 year 4 million/4 guaranteed *2 million in incentives

Not drafting a CB leaves the Bears needing someone who can hold down the #2 CB spot and Rhodes makes too much sense as he has had a career revitalization under Flus.

OT Dennis Kelly [Green Bay] 2 years 7 million/3 guaranteed

Waletzko has insane upside, but he is super raw and unlikely to be able to play at a reasonable level in the short term. With the youth at OT, the Bears should add a veteran swing OT that can step in and play if needed early in the season. Kelly has been one of the better swing OTs for a few years now. He has a ton of starts at both RT and LT and has empierce in the suystem.

OG Laurent Dunleavy-Tardif [NY Jets] 1 year 2.5 million/1 guaranteed

I think Strange will start, but the Bears need a primary interior backup and LDT was drafted by Poles and is probably at the stage of his career where he is not guaranteed a starting spot. I expect they can add him to compete with Strange and be the primary interior backup.

LB Kenny Young [Den] 1 year 1.75 million/500k guaranteed

Young has not held on to the fast start to his career, but he is still a versatile and athletic LB that can come in and compete at SAM with Tindall and backup across the LB core and give them someone with experience.

P Michael Palardy [Mia] 1 year 1 million/250k guaranteed 

He is cheap, replaceable, and can punt.

Post Draft Cuts

QB Nick Foles [3 million]

Pre-Season Extensions

LB Roquan Smith 
Old: 1 year 10 million
New: 4 years 80 million/45 guaranteed
Total Deal: 5 years 90 million/55 guaranteed

Depth Chart

QB: Fields, Siemien
RB: Monty, Herbert, Evans, Khari
WR: Mooney, Pierce, Pringle, ESB, Moore, Nailor
TE: Kmet, Horsted, Griffin, O'Shaunessey
LT: Borom/Kelly
LG: Whitehair
😄 Patrick, Mustipher
RG: Strange/LDT
RT: Jenkins, Waletzko

RE: Quinn, Muhammad
DT: Jones, Edwards, Booker
NT: Blackson, Tonga
LE: Gipson, Attouchu
WLB: Smith, Thomas
MLB: Morrow, Young
WLB: Tindall, Adams
CB: Johnson, Rhodes, Young, Graham, Shelley
FS: Jackson, Woods
SS: DHC/Cruickshank

K: Santo
P: Palardy
LS: Scales

I could support this. Good job Windy.

• Like 1

I like Strange but my initial reaction on him being our first pick would be slight disappointment as I feel it would be a slight reach and I would like to catch a falling player at that spot...Pierce & Tindall I really like...Waletzko has a lot of upside but I wonder if we need someone who can play sooner as I have not a lot of faith in Kelly...really like Woods in the 5th...not so much Nailor...Booker would be decent value there...

Overall this would be solid...would have like to have seen some CB talent but not a ton of picks to go around.

• Like 1

I love Strange (lol) but I love him less at 45. That said I’m not convinced he gets out of round 2 either. Not a huge Pierce fan but I get the pick. FA post-draft makes sense. Palardy is a consistent and professional punter. We probably need one of those. 

Here's what I cranked out on TheDraftNetwork:

Chicago Bears
Tyler Smith
IOL, Tulsa

Chicago Bears
George Pickens
WR, Georgia

Chicago Bears
Chad Muma
LB, Wyoming

Chicago Bears
Chigoziem Okonkwo (I like him as a FB/Move TE)
TE, Maryland

Chicago Bears
Matt Waletzko
OT, North Dakota

Chicago Bears
Jalen Nailor
WR, Michigan State

• Like 1

Just now, G08 said:

Here's what I cranked out on TheDraftNetwork:

Chicago Bears
Tyler Smith
IOL, Tulsa

Chicago Bears
George Pickens
WR, Georgia

Chicago Bears
Chad Muma
LB, Wyoming

Chicago Bears
Chigoziem Okonkwo (I like him as a FB/Move TE)
TE, Maryland

Chicago Bears
Matt Waletzko
OT, North Dakota

Chicago Bears
Jalen Nailor
WR, Michigan State

If we landed Pickens and Smith that would be doing some work in the 2nd round.

• Like 2