2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I wonder if we go with a Bills defense and run 3 CBs or 3 S.  Would make LB even more important tonight.

I also wonder what the plan is with JFM. That could affect how much of a need DT is. 

1 minute ago, KimuraGod said:

What I love about the three picks is that they are all high value positions too 

Really the only non-premium position player Douglas has drafted in the first is AVT. Same holds for the second round though that might change tonight if they go S or LB in the second. 

9 minutes ago, NewAge said:

I also wonder what the plan is with JFM. That could affect how much of a need DT is. 

I just dont think he is that good. Him and Quinnen both, very inconsistent. When they are on they are on but it does not feel like we get a consistent effort from either. Q is out of excuses this year too. Put up or shut up. 

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I just dont think he is that good. Him and Quinnen both, very inconsistent. When they are on they are on but it does not feel like we get a consistent effort from either. Q is out of excuses this year too. Put up or shut up. 

I get it but he just signed a big deal and is still a pretty solid player. I'd imagine he's a start this year though they might still want to add a run-stopping DT at some point. 

1 minute ago, NewAge said:

I get it but he just signed a big deal and is still a pretty solid player. I'd imagine he's a start this year though they might still want to add a run-stopping DT at some point. 

Yeah true. Cant we actually cut him after this year though? 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

JFM needs to be moved inside. Our pass rush unit needs to be Lawson, Q, JFM, JJ. 

Yeah I would think he's playing DT on passing downs. Probably a mix of DT/DE/bench on running downs. Saleh loves to rotate and they're going to probably try to ease both Lawson and JJ in. 

Still not a fan of the Sauce pick… but since we went Wilson and JJ after… it makes the pick not bad at all. The main thing with Sauce was why are we ignoring WR and DE for a CB. And since we drafted those 2 spots in Round 1… it makes the pick good.

FYI…. How is Booth still available?

50 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah true. Cant we actually cut him after this year though? 

Can cut Lawson with $0 guaranteed left as well as Mosley, Davis, CMG all on the chopping block if they have down years which could open holes at DE, C, MLB.  We are really flexible with our future cap. 

Got to think ILB is the obvious hole.  I can see the others staying long term but Mosley seems like a no brainer cut at that price tag/age.

CMG and Fant seem like they will get extended for OL continuity and solid play.  

Outside of FS and ILB, not sure where we have a glaring hole right now.  I'm not sold on QW at LB yet but it's a need either way with Mosley in his final year.  Joyner at FS (longer term at least) is solid for this year at least pending health.  I think Pinnock has depth potential there as does Davis at SS but I prefer they don't start.  

ILB, FS, OT depth, RB depth are biggest weaknesses at the moment.

41 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Can cut Lawson with $0 guaranteed left as well as Mosley, Davis, CMG all on the chopping block if they have down years which could open holes at DE, C, MLB.  We are really flexible with our future cap. 

Got to think ILB is the obvious hole.  I can see the others staying long term but Mosley seems like a no brainer cut at that price tag/age.

CMG and Fant seem like they will get extended for OL continuity and solid play.  

Outside of FS and ILB, not sure where we have a glaring hole right now.  I'm not sold on QW at LB yet but it's a need either way with Mosley in his final year.  Joyner at FS (longer term at least) is solid for this year at least pending health.  I think Pinnock has depth potential there as does Davis at SS but I prefer they don't start.  

ILB, FS, OT depth, RB depth are biggest weaknesses at the moment.

Good summary.  Given all this outlook I think LB would make a ton of sense here in Round 2.