2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

Interesting Night 2.  I don't mind losing 3 targets for Hall.  Hall is a stud. Period.

I may feel that Ruckert isn't necessary given FA signees but Jets have bad luck with TE's health status so I can't blame JD for extra effort at that department.  Still, I consider this as a negligence because of LB and IDL.

My day 3 targets are

OT Rasheed Walker

IDL Perrion Winfrey (him being in jail must be true, umm)

IDL Matthew Butler (Watch out for Patriots)

OL Zach Tom

DE Dominique Robinson

DB Coby Bryant

C Dohnovan West

Almost all Safeties. (lol)

LB (I like a couple but I don't think they fit due to size)

Let's rock!

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Hall will get snaps, he’s too good IMO. 4 Corners played 40%+ last year, he’ll be one of the 4. Injuries happen, match ups, someone will have an off day get benched. No reason to move him(to another position or via trade/cut) when health has plagued us recently.

He would start as a FS but line up every where when needed. No reason to limit snaps to just rotating at CB when he can stay on the field. 

16 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He would start as a FS but line up every where when needed. No reason to limit snaps to just rotating at CB when he can stay on the field. 

Not sure he has the ball skills for FS, could be worth a shot.

25 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

He’s not a Safety though, he doesn’t have the range to play on the back end. He’s strictly a Corner, I’m sure they’ll find the snaps to accommodate the depth at the position.

Faalele, (OT) 

Winfrey, (DT)

Coby Bryant, (DB)

Max Mitchell (OT)

Rodriguez (Oklahoma state LB)

UWAZURIKE 

Juanyeh Thomas (FS)

Rasheed Walker (OT)

Zach Tom (C)

VERONE MCKINLEY (S)

Woolen (CB) 

DOHNOVAN west (C) 

Thomas Booker (DT) 

Kyle Philips (WR)

Luiji Vilain (DE)

DARIEN BUTLER ( LB)

Curtis Brooks (DT)

James Houston (OLB)

Markquese Bell (Safety)

4 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He’s not a Safety though, he doesn’t have the range to play on the back end. He’s strictly a Corner, I’m sure they’ll find the snaps to accommodate the depth at the position.

I need proof of this. 

I'm not sure if anyone on here played DB at any level on here. But locating the ball is tougher as a CB because it's much easier to be caught out of position sticking with the WR and looking for the ball at the same time. When you're a safety, everything is in front of you. That's why is easier for CBs to move to safety than it is for a safety to move to CB. I'm just going to say I'd rather test him at FS than have him come off the bench as rotating. I think he would be good. 

Edited by rickyt31

5 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

Fair, personally just don't see that type of ability when watching him. 

It would have to be tested of course, but I just don't see the reason why not give it a shot. He can tackle, has the speed, size, and etc. It's worth it. Our current FS group were the same people we were rotating all season. No one believes he is bad, but he struggles when his back is to the QB on certain routes. As a safety, you're rarely caught in that same position unless you're just getting burned. 

If Hall can work at FS, this would be a home run move. Imagine having a safety that can play man on WRs and TEs, has the range to play cover 3, and support the run. Watching him tackle Derrick Henry made me realize his potential, but never saw this situation actually happening. I rather see this than watch him come off the bench for a few snaps a game. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm not sure if anyone on here played DB at any level on here. But locating the ball is tougher as a CB because it's much easier to be caught out of position sticking with the WR and looking for the ball at the same time. When you're a safety, everything is in front of you. That's why is easier for CBs to move to safety than it is for a safety to move to CB. I'm just going to say I'd rather test him at FS than have him come off the bench as rotating. I think he would be good. 

I played RB, CB and S all the way through High school and college. I only played D3 at William Penn University (College). They changed the name of the college form college to university, Yes the same school SNACKS went too. We sucked when I played. He came along after I was long gone. 

Playing S is easier than CB 100% in my eyes. When I played CB I would watch the WR mostly because as soon as he put his arms up to catch I knew the ball was going to be there. I'm only 5' 9" and knew I could not pick the ball off a lot because most of the guys I covered where 6 feet. Yes I did get smoked by some too lol. I mostly played RB but I did see some snaps as a S and CB. Can Hall be a S sure he can but does he want to be a S is the question. If he is pissed about being moved he may not put the effort in to be good Hall has the size to be one. 

• Like 1