2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

I forgot about Darian Kennard, but he made some comments that I really didn't like. He was asked about possibly moving inside. He said he's just glad to play football, but it's better because he wouldn't face people faster and better than him. I'll try to find it and see if I remember it correctly. What JJ did to him knocked him back a few rounds. 

____

When I compare our team to the rest of the AFCE, I feel a lot better about our chances to compete between now and 2023. I don't have a reason to believe why we can't match up well. There are still a few moves to make, but there is still time to handle them with summer cuts and today. 

2 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

JoJo Domann seems like a Saleh type of LB. Former safety convert, can cover and line up all over. 

Agreed. I can see closing out today with him and Zach Tom. 

Edited by NewAge

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I forgot about Darian Kennard, but he made some comments that I really didn't like. He was asked about possibly moving inside. He said he's just glad to play football, but it's better because he wouldn't face people faster and better than him. I'll try to find it and see if I remember it correctly. What JJ did to him knocked him back a few rounds. 

____

When I compare our team to the rest of the AFCE, I feel a lot better about our chances to compete between now and 2023. I don't have a reason to believe why we can't match up well. There are still a few moves to make, but there is still time to handle them with summer cuts and today. 

I think we are absolutely closing the gap on the rest of the AFC east. A lot rides on Zach Wilson, if he takes that leap and becomes good then we are going to be up there. Out of the QBs in the AFC east, Wilson has the most upside to compete against Allen.  Tua and Mac are kind of mediocre in terms of talent. 

Breece Hall is going to come in right away and be a stud, our rushing attack should be nasty this season.  Hall has potential to be a top 5 RB, he could end up being a Jonathan Taylor type. That is why I wanted to take him, because we added a dog at RB who can change our offense and just add more things that defenses have to worry about. Hall and Carter is going to be a fantastic 1-2. 

Then you have the WRs we have and the Tes, this offense is going to be fun to watch.  After years of watching a offense with no talent, this is going to be fun. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I played RB, CB and S all the way through High school and college. I only played D3 at William Penn University (College). They changed the name of the college form college to university, Yes the same school SNACKS went too. We sucked when I played. He came along after I was long gone. 

Playing S is easier than CB 100% in my eyes. When I played CB I would watch the WR mostly because as soon as he put his arms up to catch I knew the ball was going to be there. I'm only 5' 9" and knew I could not pick the ball off a lot because most of the guys I covered where 6 feet. Yes I did get smoked by some too lol. I mostly played RB but I did see some snaps as a S and CB. Can Hall be a S sure he can but does he want to be a S is the question. If he is pissed about being moved he may not put the effort in to be good Hall has the size to be one. 

lol  Right. I played WR & CB and was developing Safety in college. I'm 6'0, but had a high vertical. There was this small NFL DOJ camp for teens that made me realize how different it was. My problem was I hated zone because when WRs found that gray area between coverages, you had to either jump on it or hope the other DB does. I only wanted to play man. 

I have a hard time believing the team didn't think about what to do with Hall if they picked Sauce. So I feel like this maybe discussed. So there could be a trade coming or a position move. 79 tackles and 16pass deflections with a ending contract. He's not going to settle with rotating because he know he can go somewhere else to be a full starting CB and get more money when it's time for an extension. 

51 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It would have to be tested of course, but I just don't see the reason why not give it a shot. He can tackle, has the speed, size, and etc. It's worth it. Our current FS group were the same people we were rotating all season. No one believes he is bad, but he struggles when his back is to the QB on certain routes. As a safety, you're rarely caught in that same position unless you're just getting burned. 

If Hall can work at FS, this would be a home run move. Imagine having a safety that can play man on WRs and TEs, has the range to play cover 3, and support the run. Watching him tackle Derrick Henry made me realize his potential, but never saw this situation actually happening. I rather see this than watch him come off the bench for a few snaps a game. 

It's worth a shot, would hate to see him fade out of the rotation. 

I see a lack of body control with Hall; that split second difference between sticking your foot in the ground and attacking the ball is everything. For me, that's what makes a great safety - instincts, decisiveness and the body control to act swiftly. Not sure he has that. 

13 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I think we are absolutely closing the gap on the rest of the AFC east. A lot rides on Zach Wilson, if he takes that leap and becomes good then we are going to be up there. Out of the QBs in the AFC east, Wilson has the most upside to compete against Allen.  Tua and Mac are kind of mediocre in terms of talent. 

Breece Hall is going to come in right away and be a stud, our rushing attack should be nasty this season.  Hall has potential to be a top 5 RB, he could end up being a Jonathan Taylor type. That is why I wanted to take him, because we added a dog at RB who can change our offense and just add more things that defenses have to worry about. Hall and Carter is going to be a fantastic 1-2. 

Then you have the WRs we have and the Tes, this offense is going to be fun to watch.  After years of watching a offense with no talent, this is going to be fun. 

I agree. If Wilson is at least Tannehill, we'll at least be in the playoff hunt later in the season. The running attack can be top-10, we can beat you with a 2-TE set, and I don't see many teams who can cover Wilson, Moore, Davis, and Berrios. We have insane depth right now. 

Defensively, I only see DT, OLB, and FS as real gaps at the moment. FS is pending on Hall for me. I'm interested to see if we start playing more man to Sauce's strength or make Sauce adapt a bit. I think he will be great either way, but it will be interesting to see. 

34 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I played RB, CB and S all the way through High school and college. I only played D3 at William Penn University (College). They changed the name of the college form college to university, Yes the same school SNACKS went too. We sucked when I played. He came along after I was long gone. 

Playing S is easier than CB 100% in my eyes. When I played CB I would watch the WR mostly because as soon as he put his arms up to catch I knew the ball was going to be there. I'm only 5' 9" and knew I could not pick the ball off a lot because most of the guys I covered where 6 feet. Yes I did get smoked by some too lol. I mostly played RB but I did see some snaps as a S and CB. Can Hall be a S sure he can but does he want to be a S is the question. If he is pissed about being moved he may not put the effort in to be good Hall has the size to be one. 

There's a huge mental component to playing safety well - being responsible for, at times, what feels like the whole field, you have to play calculated. Ashtyn Davis is a guy I feel has all the physical traits, can be decisive with angles/pursuit, he's just 'wrong' too often. Looks lost to me. Maybe Hall's an upgrade there. I bring it up, because as you mention - does he want to make the move? He'd need to buy in mentally. 

10 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

It's worth a shot, would hate to see him fade out of the rotation. 

I see a lack of body control with Hall; that split second difference between sticking your foot in the ground and attacking the ball is everything. For me, that's what makes a great safety - instincts, decisiveness and the body control to act swiftly. Not sure he has that. 

Yeah, I think he has most of that, it's just that last second split decision to get the ball. But we will see. I want to keep him and test him there. I can see him becoming more comfortable there, shutting down a lot of athletic TEs and more. There are still some interesting prospects on the draft board here in the 4th. 

Edited by rickyt31

I'm not sure if I don't know who I want next or if I don't care at this point. lol 

I am laughing at the idea of picking Faalele. Imagine Becton bouncing back and Faalele starting at RT. lol We could just run all game. Basically have 2 Grizzly bears at OT. 

I'd love for us to figure out how to gain 2 more picks, but it's cool if we don't. 

I think I want Zach Tom and Brandon Smith right now. Them coming in and eventually starting towards the end of the season isn't too crazy to think about. Zach can play all 5, but could be a great center or replacement for Fant at some point. 

Rasheed Walker or Max Mitchell would be nice too.