2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

So what does this draft class look like had Atlanta taken Wilson and the trade ups don’t happen? I’m guessing something like 

4. Sauce 

10. JJ

35. Hall

38. Uhh Alec Pierce? George Pickens?

69. Abraham Lucas maybe?

111. Ruckert if he makes it or Mitchell

117. Mitchell if he makes it or Clemens

146. Clemens if he makes it 

163. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Basically comes out to Wilson and Ruckert vs. a post-Watson second receiver, an early third round pick, and two fifth round picks. So, thank you Atlanta. 

This was a fun weekend. I still have my concerns about DT & LB, but the offseason isn't over and I'm fine with it. Here are my thoughts on each pick.

1. Sauce

I've been saying he's the best CB I've seen in years. I didn't think JD would do it, but I'm happy he did. I was a fan during the season, but watching him shut down Jameson Williams without a safety locked me in. We all know his crazy stats and his measurements. Who he is training with his a huge boost. We're going to need him going up against Waddle, Diggs, and Hill and others. Love this pick. 

2. Garrett Wilson

There are times when he reminded me of Antonio Brown... in a good way. A lot of people viewed him as WR1 in this draft. He plays way above his size and catches the ball at the highest point. Clearly the best route runner in this class. Moore & Wilson are going to be fun to watch. 

3. Jermaine Johnson

I really liked KT but I can make an argument that JJ was just as productive as Hutchinson. The biggest problem was age and the lack of reps at UGA. But we all see how stacked UGA was and he didn't really fit the 34 defense. All the DL vets in the NFL loved this dude and he's great at everything. We all thought he was a top-10 pick. He made Ikem look crazy as well as everyone else he faced. Bullied every OT in the senior bowl. Day 1 starter. 

4. Breece Hall 

Not too long ago, I asked this group if there is a Dalvin Cook/Janothan Taylor type of RB, should we take him although we have Carter? JD answer my question. Not much to say here. He's a OROY caliber player. 

5. Jeremy Ruckert

I didn't see the need to go TE, but I'm glad we picked him. New Yorker, Jets fan, tough blocker, and is a good enough receiver to make an impact. He's coming in with a different attitude not just as a player, but as a fan of the team. He's going to add value to the locker room and the field. 

6. Max Mitchell

I've been talking about him for a while. He had some good and bad reps at the senior bowl, but the issue was technique. He has the skills to do it and the frame to get stronger. One of the best performing OT's in college. He played both, but he's a much better RT. This works perfectly. Give him some time. If Fant walk after this season, I can see him getting a shot to start. This year, he learns and competes. 

7. Michael Clemons 

When I heard his name, I scratched my head a bit but I did remember him being pretty good. Didn't think we needed another DE because of the depth. The more I looked into him, the more I loved the pick. The only defender who averaged more pressures per game than him was Will Anderson. 11 sacks in 15 games. Good pass rushing moves but strong enough to run over OTs. 6'5 264lbs with 35inch arms. I don't have a reason to believe why wouldn't beat Huff, Martin, and Curry this summer. To take him in the 4th says a lot. Based on everything I'm seeing, him giving JFM a challenge wouldn't surprise me this summer.  His arrest and age is the only reason he dropped. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NewAge said:

So what does this draft class look like had Atlanta taken Wilson and the trade ups don’t happen? I’m guessing something like 

4. Sauce 

10. JJ

35. Hall

38. Uhh Alec Pierce? George Pickens?

69. Abraham Lucas maybe?

111. Ruckert if he makes it or Mitchell

117. Mitchell if he makes it or Clemens

146. Clemens if he makes it 

163. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Basically comes out to Wilson and Ruckert vs. a post-Watson second receiver, an early third round pick, and two fifth round picks. So, thank you Atlanta. 

My god we were lucky then. Getting that top-talent WR in Garrett Wilson is going to be huge for us.

4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

*month

any break I had from work I wasted so much time lol

lol Yeah, I spent all day watching guys get picked that I'm probably never going to hear about again. The weather is warming up down here. Sun & buns are out. 

This was a franchise altering weekend, the entire trajectory has changed.  We aren't looked at as jokes anymore, the team added good talent. Time for them to put it together on the field. It all starts with Wilson, we need him to break out and not be a bum. If he delivers, this is going to be a fun team to watch. 

• Like 1

Really wild that the only 2019 starter left from the team is Quinnen Williams. I believe the only other players left from before Douglas became GM are Shepherd, Edoga, and Mosley. Douglas claimed JFM and Berrios off waivers a couple months after becoming GM. 

The Mitchell pick might have pushed Edoga off the roster too. 

Edited by NewAge
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I wonder how are board was. Sauce was definitely top 4 obviously. Wilson and Johnson were #7 and #8 considering the information we got. I’m assuming London wasn’t higher than them based on what Saleh said. 

I think Hutch, Walker, Gardner, Stingley where top 4.