Doug Baldwin: TNF should be illegal

DigInBoys

If the NFL refuses to get rid of TNF completely, it has to be changed to where you play on TNF coming off your bye week. It's just ridiculous at this point, and making simple schedule changes isn't hard in the grand scheme of things when the other options are negotiating TNF out of the game completely.

2 hours ago, Darth Pees said:

If the NFL refuses to get rid of TNF completely, it has to be changed to where you play on TNF coming off your bye week. It's just ridiculous at this point, and making simple schedule changes isn't hard in the grand scheme of things when the other options are negotiating TNF out of the game completely.

Currently, every team that goes to London get a bye the next week. This could make that rule tough to accomplish.

19 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Currently, every team that goes to London get a bye the next week. This could make that rule tough to accomplish.

They should add a second bye week in the next CBA.  The NFL isn't giving back that TV money they get from Thursday Night Football.

21 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I made a post in the old forums, but it's actually not that complicated...  But some concessions need to be made. 

1.  No Thursday games in week 2 or 3 as no team wants a bye week in week 1 or 2.  This is something that the league definitely won't like.

2.  Every team plays only 1 Thursday game or 2 if they played on opening day.  This is also something that the league definitely won't like as they like to double up on more popular teams.

3.  No Thursday games in the final 2 weeks of the season, which already exists.

4.  Bye weeks are currently between week 5 to week 11.  For this to work, bye weeks will have to range from week 3 to week 14.  Teams may not like this, but overall it's better than the current schedule.

The current schedule has 15 Thursday games with 2 additional games on Thanksgiving Day for a total of 17 games.  The new schedule can have 17 games.  You can still have 3 games on Thanksgiving.  The only down side is there will be 2 Thursdays with 2 games (basically moving those games on week 2 and 3 to later).  If you give 2 teams bye weeks for traveling outside the US, then that's only 1 week with 2 Thursday games.  Or maybe the possibility of playing 2 International games.  

But bottom line, no more 3 days between games.  Thursday games will not only be more competitive, but also safer for the players.  Viewership will increase when there's a better product on the field.  

58 minutes ago, areksoo said:

I made a post in the old forums, but it's actually not that complicated...  But some concessions need to be made. 

1.  No Thursday games in week 2 or 3 as no team wants a bye week in week 1 or 2.  This is something that the league definitely won't like.

2.  Every team plays only 1 Thursday game or 2 if they played on opening day.  This is also something that the league definitely won't like as they like to double up on more popular teams.

3.  No Thursday games in the final 2 weeks of the season, which already exists.

4.  Bye weeks are currently between week 5 to week 11.  For this to work, bye weeks will have to range from week 3 to week 14.  Teams may not like this, but overall it's better than the current schedule.

The current schedule has 15 Thursday games with 2 additional games on Thanksgiving Day for a total of 17 games.  The new schedule can have 17 games.  You can still have 3 games on Thanksgiving.  The only down side is there will be 2 Thursdays with 2 games (basically moving those games on week 2 and 3 to later).  If you give 2 teams bye weeks for traveling outside the US, then that's only 1 week with 2 Thursday games.  Or maybe the possibility of playing 2 International games.  

But bottom line, no more 3 days between games.  Thursday games will not only be more competitive, but also safer for the players.  Viewership will increase when there's a better product on the field.  

I  don't think it is all that difficult, was just saying there are some reasons why these things might not be already implemented. I hate TNF, I would like it to be  gone. The Eagles have never played in London but I would absolutely hate it if they had to, wish they would get rid of that as well.

Archived