Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Texansfan713

44 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I have a strange feeling Jets gonna trade ahead of us and take Hall, watch. 

I think it's actually the Bills. Jets seem pretty content with Michael Carter as their primary guy, and the Bills don't seem to have much with Zack Moss and Devin Singletary...

7 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

the Bucs are gonna take Hall

They still have Lenny Fournette, right? And they just lost Ali Marpet to retirement... Bernhard Raimann makes sense here for 'em, but who knows. The Bucs also could afford to let David Ojabo rehab while JPP and Shaq Barrett hold the edges, if they're looking for a BPA approach.

I like Hall a lot, but I think Jalen Pitre is probably the best fit for what the Texans are looking to build. Stingley and Pitre are the new building blocks for the defense, two athletic DBs that kill the downfield passing attacks, and can allow the front seven to play the run more assertively.

I'd be good with Hall, Ojabo (or any edge for that matter) but a fast and active S is a CBs best friend, and can secure this secondary for several years.

• Like 1

Something that I heard Lovie say on his call with Stingley. Said he wanted Stingley to shadow #1s receivers. They have to have a plan for Stingley because him being in zone 90% a game isn't his skillset. May be more 50% zone/man.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

the Bucs are gonna take Hall

Bucs need an interior DL. Maybe another offensive lineman. If Hall is your guy, you'll have to make sure Buffalo doesn't jump you. I like Walker but I don't think he fits the profile of a guy who can carry 15+ a game over a 17 week season. Hall can handle that plus more. Outside of Spiller, im not too familiar with the other backs in the draft.

I went back and looked at some measurements and highlights of a few guys and one stood out. Brian Robinson Jr, Alabama. 6'1 225, runs 4.5 and didn't get full time carries till this year. He won't be used up and can handle a between the tackle workload. Also can be had later in the 2nd by trade, possibly in the 3rd. 

Edited by Blaze

Scenario where if Texans value another back as high as Hall, they could trade back a spot to the Jets or Falcons. I'd suggest not getting cute and making the pick. Texans are at #5 tonight and it's very feasible Jets find a way to trade ahead again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blaze said:

Scenario where if Texans value another back as high as Hall, they could trade back a spot to the Jets or Falcons. I'd suggest not getting cute and making the pick. Texans are at #5 tonight and it's very feasible Jets find a way to trade ahead again. 

just trade up to 33 and take him.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-day-2-mock-qbs-malik-willis-desmond-ridder-and-matt-corral-all-go

Lance Zierlein's day 2 mock has us taking Breece Hall round 2, Edge Nik Bonitto at 68 and CB Alontae Taylor at 80. 

With Alontae, there's a lot of scouts out there who think he'd be best at safety. I heard we prefer Breece over Walker, although we like them both. 

• Like 1