Official 1st ROUND NFL DRAFT: Washington Commanders selection party & Rumors, Trades, etc.

22 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I love Dotson, he was a one man show at Penn State & made Clifford look good. He’s be a great pick IMO. I’m think they take Lloyd though, I just hope he has a better rookie year than Jamin.

Do you think he is better than Burks, Williams Olave or Hamilton. I know you draft players that fit your scheme but the Dotson selection has me a little perplexed.

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

They did too but we knew they were going to get two top 10 picks, remains to be seen how much better they got. 

Personally as someone who’s watched a lot of Jahan Dotson the last 2 years, I don’t think he’s that far off from the Ohio State WRs. I’ve always liked him, he was an Ohio State killer.

This!!!

1 minute ago, 4209 said:

Do you think he is better than Burks, Williams Olave or Hamilton. I know you draft players that fit your scheme but the Dotson selection has me a little perplexed.

He’s absolutely not. This was a major reach. MAJOR. 

1 minute ago, 4209 said:

this guy has the right stuff mentally. Listen to this guy talk football. This guy is not Terry level professional but this guy is a football guy and is traited up!!! Amazing hands and body control. This is a really good football player. And for a small guy he will tell you he loves blocking.

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

Look, I’d understand taking Dotson in the second. I just do not understand how you make this pick in the top 20? This is so reminiscent of the Jamin Davis reach. It’s like they learned nothing at all. 

I’m against this too but Dotson wasn’t gonna be there in the 2nd for us. He was going very late tonight or extremely early tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, taylor made said:

I'm sorry... Ron is 0-3 for first round draft picks in his tenure. He is gone if Dotson is bad this year IMO. What a risky pick. 

I don’t think you can say 0-3 yet. Young was defensive player of the year. The jury is just still out. Hindsight Herbert would of been the guy but young wasn’t a bad pick.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I’m against this too but Dotson wasn’t gonna be there in the 2nd for us. He was going very late tonight or extremely early tomorrow. 

No what I’m saying is they should’ve taken the Lions trade instead if they were going to do this. Drop to 32 and get 34 also. 

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That Lions trade was awful IMO. They robbed the Vikings. 

But who cares if your plan the whole time was Jahan Dotson? I know I get upset about a lot of crap they do but man this is just absurd. You can’t do this stuff. You can’t just overdraft players because you like them. It’s dumb. These is why I have been screaming giving him full control was stupid. He’s in over his head. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

But who cares if your plan the whole time was Jahan Dotson? I know I get upset about a lot of crap they do but man this is just absurd. You can’t do this stuff. You can’t just overdraft players because you like them. It’s dumb. These is why I have been screaming giving him full control was stupid. He’s in over his head. 

If your plan was Dotson you can’t go to 32 because he probably won’t be there.