Vikings Select Ed Ingram, Guard, LSU at # 59

gopherwrestler

6 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Riding the highs and lows will hopefully pay off with Ingram. Glad they've stuck with him.

That was always the issue with Zimmer...he would never ride the highs or lows with any rookie.  In fact, he wouldn't play them much unless absolutely forced to.  Let's not forget that it took until Game 3 for him to start JJ over the luminary (and oft-injured) Bisi.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, AP_allday2869 said:

What am I looking at here?

the other IOL drafted last year, their snap counts, and their PFF grades. Although I think Sayler played OT right, with Slater going down?

in conclusion, the transition is hard and a lot of times, as a rookie, you are not going to be very good. But to me, Ingram got better as the year went on and he got a lot of experience. I think he takes a big step next year. 

Edited by battle2heaven
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

the other IOL drafted last year, their snap counts, and their PFF grades. Although I think Sayler played OT right, with Slater going down?

in conclusion, the transition is hard and a lot of times, as a rookie, you are not going to be very good. But to me, Ingram got better as the year went on and he got a lot of experience. I think he takes a big step next year. 

Oh, okay. I got it now. The full picture wouldn't open on my computer for some reason. I thought it was just a picture of names of the other rookie guards lol

This list will evolve, but my current short list of players I want at 23 (or whenever the vikings select with their first pick). Caveat, I think the QBs will be long gone and they would require a massive trade up. This is no particular order

WR Jordan Addison

CB Devon Witherspoon

CB Joey Porter Jr

CB Emmanuel Forbes

NB Brian Branch

DL Bryan Bresee

DL Calijah Kancey

ED BJ Olujari

ED Nolan Smith

ED Felix Anudike-Usomah